jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Can't download DotComplete
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 8 June, 2004 - 15:55
I have tried over and over to do this with the plugin manager and I can't get it to work. I check DotComplete, hit install, and it doesn't even look as though it is trying to install. I am running jEdit 4.1.3 with Java 1.4.2. I tried removing CodeAid to see if that was the problem and it would still not go. I had the same problem for another plugin and I tried just downloading and putting the jar file in my jars directory and that just caused jEdit to crash constantly.
How to replace block of text
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 8 June, 2004 - 09:25
Is it possible to replace block of text?
Changing Explicit folding symbol
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 5 June, 2004 - 15:40
Is there any way of changing the explicit folding to be activated by anything other than {{{ and }}} for example i want my explicit folds to just work when i put a { or a }
vi "command mode" keyboard effect
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 3 June, 2004 - 13:37
Does anyone know if there exists a way to put jEdit into a "command mode" ala vi? I'd like to be able to hit escape (or any other chosen key sequence) and have a set of keys that allow navigation, selection, open line, etc. Is there a plug-in that would allow that functionality?
Mips R2000 programming
Submitted by imgod2u on Thursday, 3 June, 2004 - 12:13
I know nobody probably does R2000 programming but for the developers, is there any reason the $t0 register isn't highlighted when in MIPS R2000 mode? It's a minor thing but I was wondering whether there was a specific reason for it.
newbie question about the XML Tree window
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 2 June, 2004 - 08:03
I do not understand how to get the XML Tree dockable window that I see on the screenshots. I have downloaded the XML plugin but that doesn't seem to help me, how do i do?
SSH Console
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 2 June, 2004 - 00:40
Hi!

I want to use a SSH console, because the Perl scripts which I edit should be tested and executed on a remote server. But the Console-Plugin can't handle normal STDIN/STDOUT data, so I can't use plink (Putty Command-Line SSH) and the error detection of the Console-Plugin

Does anyone have an idea how to solve that?

Thanks in advance!
Print header and footer
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 1 June, 2004 - 18:21
Hello,
Is there a way to get jEdit to print a footer with the date and time the file was last saved and the total number of pages ? (I know it's possible to print the current time and date and the page number). I'm using 4.1 final.
Thanks.

Andre
Gnome customicons
Submitted by happy on Wednesday, 26 May, 2004 - 09:13
Hello!

I created a gnome like icon customisation package. Some icons are missing, but fixed in the near future.

Screenshot: http://www.gear.hu/files/java/jedit/gnome_customicons.png
DL: http://www.gear.hu/files/java/jedit/gnome_customicons.jar
displaying runtime errors in console
Submitted by ganders on Tuesday, 25 May, 2004 - 06:50
hi

if a runtime error ocurrres while running a java-applet, where is the error reported? isn't this supposed to happen in the console, just like the errors of java-applications? i just can't find it...

tx for any help or suggestion!
Digest Version of Forums?
Submitted by Sparhauk on Monday, 24 May, 2004 - 21:48
Does anyone know if there is a way to get a digest of the items in the forum? It takes about 15-30 seconds for any link that I click on to load. This is ok for reading one or two items, but for search for an answer before asking it, it's rather tedious.
How to run cat() with EvaluatSelection?
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 24 May, 2004 - 06:56

In the BeanShell-Console I run cat("path/to/my/text") and it worked fine. But when I run the same command with Utilities>BeanShell>EvaluateSelection I get the error:

Sourced file: : Attempt to invoke method: print() on undefined variable or class name: output : at Line: 1 : in file: : cat ( "/home/gerd/temp/replace.txt" ).

What went wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Gerd

Increasing JVM memory when launching jedit under OS X?
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 21 May, 2004 - 01:04
I am launching jEdit 4.13 from the dock - what do i need to edit to cause jedit to run with a larger RAM allotment (OS 10.3)?

In the jEdit help files it is stated:
"One solution that often works is to set or increase the allocation of memory to the heap for Java objects created by the Java Virtual Machine in which jEdit is running. Add the command line option -mxXXm to the options passed to the version of the Java application loader you are using (such as java, java.exe or javaw.exe). In place of the XX in the option, use a multiple of 16 between 32 and 128. If you already are using the option, increase the numeric portion of the -mxXXm parameter in increments of 16. Many users have good results using 48 or 64, but you should try different values for the best result on your installation."

...how do i apply this to OS X? I tried some edits to info.plist within the package, but i must have got the syntax wrong because jedit would no longer launch.

- Rhett
buffer selection / beep disabling
Submitted by Andrea Treccani on Tuesday, 18 May, 2004 - 14:39
I started from yesterday using Jedit 4.1 final on my Linux platform and I really think this is the best free multiplatform editor you can find today.
I have just two little problems:

- I don't understand how to change the default "buffer selection" bar (I mean the bar showing the opened files) into a multi button bar (a button for each file). I know this is possible because I saw some screenshot showing Jedit configured in that way, but I still don't find the configuration option for this purpos.
- I would like to disable PC beeping when I try to go over limits with cursor (for example I have a beep when cursor is in the home corner and I push up arrow key). Is possible to disable this annoying feature mofifying some option?

Thanks in advance to anybody would help me.
how to assign shortcuts to user-defined actions?
Submitted by uhuebner on Tuesday, 18 May, 2004 - 10:17
Hello,

I have two questions.

1. I want to set the edit mode (highlighting) to pl-sql with a shortcut. Entering buffer options and scrolling down to the edit mode is a bit laborious.
How can I do this? I found out that I can do this by entering "buffer.mode=pl-sql" in the action bar. So I think i must be possible to create an action with it an assign a shortcut to it. But I have no clue how to do this and the help is a bit confusing.

2. Almost the same as the above. I want to insert text templates using shortcuts. Right now I use "abbreviations" or the Template plug-in but it would be much faster if I could use shortcuts (e.g. ALT+number). Is it possible to assing shortcuts to certain templates?

Can anybody help me out?
Kind regards
uhuebner
JSwat doesn't resolve line numbers if compile with AntFarm, but does so with JCompiler
Submitted by PauloSargaco on Tuesday, 18 May, 2004 - 09:12
Hi there.

Does anyone know why this could happen?

So more info to better get the picture:
I have jEdit 4.1 Final, JSwatPlugin 1.5.3, JCompiler 1.5.0 and AntFarm 1.3.1 (AntHelper 0.8.2). JCompiler is using javac from Java 2 SKD 1.4.2 and in my build file used by AntFarm, I'm including
fork="true" executable="C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin\javac.exe"
compiler="javac1.4">

What happens is that, if I compile using AntFarm, JSwatPlugin (and the standalone version of JSwat also) can't resolve the line numbers. However, when I compile using JCompiler, JSwat works fine.

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?

Cheers.

Paulo
SQL Plugin Load object
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 18 May, 2004 - 06:27
Hello !
Using Jedit 4.2 pre13 and sql 0.98 with jdk 1.4 on Oracle 9i ;
when I try to load the object I receive a blank window !
The execute buffer runs well !
Any help ?

Olivier
Insert a page break?
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 17 May, 2004 - 18:26
Is there a way to insert a page break (for printing) other than using the character map plugin to insert the ascii character?

Thanks.

David
short cut keys for hopping between open documents
Submitted by blc1 on Monday, 17 May, 2004 - 13:18
Is there a short cut keys available for hopping between open documents when the screens are split? In many editors, I can use control and tab keys to do that.

Thanks
Daniel
Buffertabs unsorted
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 15 May, 2004 - 00:11
Hello all,
i use Buffertabs plugin, but i would want to know if there is a way to prevent it to alphabetically order the tabs.
I would want the tabs to keep the order in which I opened them.
I know i can drag'n'drop the tabs to re-order them. But if i open another buffer, the tab will be inserted in middle of the others tabs instead of just being "appened" at the end.

In fact i only want the new tabs to be appened at the end.
I've looked into the options but i didn't saw anything about this (me blind ?).

Maybe there is another plugin doing this already but i don't know it :/

I'm not scared of changing the plugin's source to feet my needs if needed.

I hope you can help me.
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281