jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Problem with plsql comments with sql plugin
Submitted by cybor on Thursday, 13 May, 2004 - 12:21
Hi there,

I'm using Jedit 4.1 final and SQL plugin (0.97), when using comments like this
/**
comment goes here
*/
in the plsql code the execution of the buffer failes on the / character (flush buffer ?), does anybody know how to resolve this ? I'm using pldoc to generate javadoc style documentation so I need the /** */ comments instead of --

Thanks

Luc
Creating Custom Syntax Highlighting
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 12 May, 2004 - 14:54
Is there any way to create custom highlighting for file types not listed (e.g. custom test scripts etc)
Emacs-like key bindings for jedit?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 11 May, 2004 - 03:45
Where can I find emacs-like key bindings for jedit? A google search didn't turn anything up.

Thanks,
-Mike
Server ? networkAccess ?
Submitted by kanedafromparinux on Monday, 10 May, 2004 - 17:32
is it possible to access a Jedit Instance on computer A from computer B ?
how to disable indentNextLine (and the like) inside comments and/or HTML code?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 6 May, 2004 - 23:33
Hello jEdit users and devs,

I've been using jEdit for about half a year and I simply love it. Installed a bunch of extremely useful plugins, re-wrote my php scheme file to have php5 syntax highlighting and other things missing from the default php scheme (like inline-php inside html tags, etc) but one thing is really bugging me.

How can I turn off indentation of next lines (indentNextLine) when i'm inside comments? Is it possible? I have defined my own indentNextLine RegExp pattern inside the php.xml file, but I'm still affected by it ...

I can say I am quite familier with the language scheme xml files. I saw that for a language, the main properties (like indentNextLine) must be defined inside the <PROPS> tags for the <MODE> and cannot be defined for a <RULE>.

If I could disable indentation of next line when inside comments, then a much simpler but at the same time more customizable regexp patter could be used for indentNextLine ... for example, indent everything not ending in ";|,|.|}" (it's not what I use, but just an example).

Also, is it possible to disable the "Deep Indent" (which I simply love) inside comments? It is really annoying when you don;t close an opened bracket on the same line Smiling

I have a couple other suggestion regarding the syntax highlighting engine but i'll post them in the bug/request forum. I can ask though a question: is it possible to have the same symbol/string for MARK_FOLLOWING and MARK_PREVIOUS? For example I would like "::" to mark everything before as a class name (say, KEYWORD4) and everything after as a property/method (say KEYWORD3). If it's doable from within the xml mode file, please somebody give me a hint.

Thanks a lot, Bogdan
scheme, where do i put the scheme file
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 5 May, 2004 - 09:03
where do i put the scheme file ? i've search all over the manuals and forums and the search box for the past hour but no mention anywhere. something so simple an instruction cannot be found. where do i put it ?? or rather what extra instruction should i do with it ??

mike
Use JDK instead of JRE
Submitted by hesterloli on Sunday, 2 May, 2004 - 09:28
I have installed a plugin I think which allows compiling java source. Trouble is when I start JEdit it says it can't find tools.jar and that I should use the J2SDK. Well how do I configure JEdit to use the JDK instead of the JRE? Thanks.
XSearch or ?
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 1 May, 2004 - 23:14
I'm new to jedit and I've check serveral jedit forums and google groups, but I cannot seem to locate a good answer, so I'll try here. With "Find All" in XSearch, all of the matches are highlighted, but the highlights are turned off as soon as you click in the text area. I would like to be able to do a "Find all" using anything, but be able to keep the matches highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Any Way to Use jEdit as Eclipse Plugin
Submitted by dezzio on Friday, 30 April, 2004 - 23:38
Is there any known way to use jEdit as an eclipse plugin. This would be a killer feature. Does it exist?
Problem with EditorScheme Plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 28 April, 2004 - 05:08
Strange occurrence with EditorScheme Plugin v.0.5...
When attempt to change color scheme and "Luicida" is rated as work font in textarea: all tokens become italic.
Previous version of EditorScheme Plugin is perfect.
I'm use jEdit 4.2pre11, j2sdk 1.4.1, win2000.
Problem with Whitespace Plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 28 April, 2004 - 04:51
I'm using version of jEdit beginning from 4.1 to 4.2pre11 with j2sdk v.1.4.1 on Win2000.
All this time I can't compel show spaces and tabs in textarea by Whitespace plugin. In other respects this plugin work perfect. So in what problem?
jalopy plug - in question
Submitted by trcanz on Wednesday, 28 April, 2004 - 00:09
Hi, I am trying to use the jalopy plugin for jedit 4.1.

Using version 0.3.6 of the plugin which has these jars:
11/14/2002 10:29p 905,948 jalopy-1.0b10.jar
11/14/2002 10:29p 26,050 jalopy-jedit-0.3.6.jar
11/14/2002 10:29p 89,584 jdom-1.0b8.jar
11/14/2002 10:29p 350,525 log4j-1.2.6.jar
11/14/2002 10:29p 39,099 messageview-0.1.0.jar
11/14/2002 10:29p 65,383 oro-2.0.6.jar

the (jedit) program hangs when I choose the Plugins>Format Active Buffer command.

Also, if I try to use the jars that
Plugins>Plugin Manager>Install Plugins gets for me:

jalopy.jar
JalopyPlugin.jar

I get:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at de.hunsicker.jalopy.plugin.jedit.JEditPlugin$PluginImpl.formatActive(JEditPlugin.java:463)

at de.hunsicker.jalopy.plugin.jedit.JEditPlugin.formatActive(JEditPlugin.java:162)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)

at bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Unknown Source)

at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)

at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)

at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)

at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(Unknown Source)

at bsh.BshMethod.invokeDeclaredMethod(Unknown Source)

at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(Unknown Source)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(Unknown Source)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1461)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1515)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:392)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:264)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:290)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:957)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:244)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3799)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3628)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1202)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java(Inlined Compiled Code))

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java(Compiled Code))

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:132)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:124)

Does anyone know how I can fix either/both of these problems so that I can use jalopy? I am not very familiar with JEdit.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas
Newbie: Printing Properties of my printer
Submitted by TUCBuckeye on Tuesday, 27 April, 2004 - 23:49
I'm new to jEdit and it looks pretty sweet...nice work!

One question I haven't been able to find an answer for so far:
- When I print something, I can select the printer, but the Properties box is grayed out. Is that a limitation or have I not set something up correctly?

Especially with code, I like to go in and "2 - Up" so that I waste less paper.

Thanks!

- Trent
jEdit 4.1 DotComplete impossible, why no SpeedJava?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 27 April, 2004 - 21:23
Greetings,

I'd like to get a dockable view of all the methods in the current Java buffer. I noticed SpeedJava in one of the screenshots, but someone took it away. I see to use DotComplete instead. OK.

First, I don't see DotComplete in the Plugin Manager. So I go to the plugins site and start manually grabbing the painful list of dependencies for DotComplete. Now I'm stuck. DotComplete depends on AntHelper, which depends on JBrowse, which depends on jEdit 4.2. Grr.

Now what? I'd rather not upgrade to 4.2 yet. What was so wrong with SpeedJava that I can't get it any more? Is there a plugin I missed besides DotComplete that will give me a dockable view of my Java methods in the current buffer? I already tried Jane, but the view was not quite configurable enough.

Thanks for any tips,
-Dan
Mac OSX command line integration
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 25 April, 2004 - 04:38
How to launch jEdit from the OSX command line? Is there a better way than executing /Applications/JEdit\ 4.2pre11/JEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub ? I have the following function in my .bash_profile, but it doesn't pick up the path to any file I pass to it, e.g. if I type 'jedit .bash_profile' from my home directory, jEdit will try to create a new file in /Applications/JEdit 4.2pre11/. There must be a way to get this to work? I searched here and via google and was unable to find anything on the subject. Thanks for any help, and apologies for my poor bash skillz.

Here's the bash function:

jedit () { /Applications/JEdit\ 4.2pre11/JEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub -background "$@" ; }

Using OSX 10.3.3, jEdit 4.2pre11.
Monospaced font: spacing problems
Submitted by WGW on Saturday, 24 April, 2004 - 17:14
I have been hunting the documentation to find out if I can change the display font to a monspaced font. I sometimes have fixed format text like this, which mixes spaces and alphanumeric characters:

554544 54445544455545545
55454555555555 55545555
54 45444444434343430444

The problem (which is nicely reproduced by this forum software) is that spaces are not the same size as characters, so the lines are not the same length, though in monospace they would be, as they are in the QuickNotepad (or in this forum editor box for example). If I put zeros in place of the spaces I get something evenly spaced:

Is there any way to change the display font? I toyed with the Whitespace plugin, but was unable to resolve the problem. I have the impression it is a question of changing the font. I thought that was possible, but now I can't seem to find the documentation on it.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Problem with the Tags plugin and PHP functions
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 23 April, 2004 - 11:53
I'm trying to use the Follow Tag feature to find where a PHP function is declared, but it has a problem with functions that have parameters eg foo( $bar, $room, $brawl ). It will find the file the function is located in, but not jump to the correct line, just stays on the first line.

It works fine if the function has no parameters eg foo()

It's driving me slightly mad....
auto repetition of regex-based search & replace
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 22 April, 2004 - 15:43
I need to process long lists of index records (many thousands of entries), to convert from a format prepared for print publication to a database-oriented format. Specifically, where the first word(s) in a record is repeated in the following record the repetition is implied by indentation (effectively whitespace). For example:

Abadham, Harvey v. H65/24
Abarrow, Radford v. R23/47
Abbes, Claxton v. C129/19
...Kinwellmarsh v. K26/98
...Parmenter v. P40/32
Abbey, Clarke v. C114/23
...Harrison Kt. v. H95/24
...Snawsdale v. S49/3
...Tooker v. T19/22,61/127
Abbott, Antram v. A8/41
...Ashton v. A7/55
...Bacon v. B44/22
...Ballard v. B110/40
...Kt., Barnes v. B12/64
...Battersby v. B135/12

["..." = whitespace]

I can find and replace the "indent" by the required string OK, using a tagged regex string to search. But after the replace is done, the search stops and I need to click the replace button again to do the next replacement; "replace all" doesn't seem to work (maybe because the search string value is dynamic??).

I have a lot of this type of work to do, and was trying to avoid having to write code - and the approach seems almost to work, if I didn't have the problem that the search stops. I have also tried TextPad, which has the same problem, and it appears that Ultraedit will be the same.

Any ideas?

Ian Galbraith
OS X, 4.2, and the option key
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 21 April, 2004 - 02:48
Hey, all. I'm a huge jEdit fan, and have been using it for a while on my mac (running Panther, 10.3.3), but I've recently upgraded to the 4.2pres, only to find that jEdit no longer responds to shortcuts involving the option (alt) key, even simple ones built into the OS, like option-forward to go forward one word, or option-delete to delete word. I saw the changelog about remapping of keys on OS X, but is there any way to make these shortcuts work? They're standard in nigh every other application on OS X, and it's rather difficult to get used to working without them.
Vertical lines connecting curly braces
Submitted by ebaker on Tuesday, 20 April, 2004 - 16:05
I'm a newbie user of Jedit (3 days).

I noticed in some of the screen shots, on the www.jedit.org page, that vertical lines connected curly braces. However, my installed version of Jedit does not have this behavior.

How is that option set?

Thanks
Ed Baker
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281