jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
list with all variables used in a script
Submitted by tom1234 on Saturday, 18 July, 2009 - 10:20
Hi all,

when writing a schript (or program) with jEdit I would like to have a list with all variables used in this script. Does jEdit provide such a functionality? I haven't found such a thing.

Tanks for your help.
Tom
Trying to use plugins with a StandaloneTextArea
Submitted by frisco on Thursday, 16 July, 2009 - 09:52
I want to use jEdit to replace our old TextArea component in an custom Java Ide, I have been able to create the textarea in an empty frame and load java mode to have syntax higlightning (I was unable to load it from the jar, but it is working).
Now I want to add code completion to the text area I have seen that I should use JavaSideKick to do that but as far as I see there is no way to load plugins in the TextArea version (PluginJar is missing and it seems to use some kind of connection that TextArea does not have).
So I ask for help here, maybe I am missing something or someone has any idea on how to load plugins in an Standalone TextArea?
More than one buffer for a file in one view
Submitted by weberjn on Wednesday, 1 July, 2009 - 11:24
Hi,

sometimes I'd need for large files to have the file in more than one buffer to be able to have a cursor at several positions in the file.
e.g. I'd like to have one buffer that shows the start of the file and one where the cursor is positioned at the end.
Is this possible?
I have read http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/3870
but I'd not like to have several views.

Thanks,
Juergen
How to enter a right angle brtacket (>) (Newbee)
Submitted by HJarausch on Tuesday, 23 June, 2009 - 11:21
Hi, I'm new to Jedit and cannot enter a right angle bracket (>). e.g. Trying to enter I can only enter
Change gutter line numbering interval
Submitted by kircheis on Friday, 19 June, 2009 - 16:24
Is it possible to change the gutter numbering interval (without folds)? For example, instead of

Show every 10 numbers

That would make it easier to follow Cobol code when I have it on jEdit and on the Mainframe terminal screen.
Mac OS X & Fonts
Submitted by warhammerkid on Wednesday, 17 June, 2009 - 15:12
I just thought I'd let people know who are using Mac OS X that the latest Java update from Apple fixes all the old font problems. In addition, it introduces some interesting changes to anti-aliasing.

(Problems were things like the cursor not showing up in the right place if you weren't using the default fonts)
getting a spell-checker plugin to work
Submitted by jwight on Saturday, 13 June, 2009 - 19:26
I just installed jEdit. Then I installed SpellCheck. Then I reinstalled Aspell.
Whem I tried to reinstalled jEdit in Aspell/bin and TmpInstall Aspell, I got a
I/O error.spell-checker plugin

SpellCheck is an jEdit plugin to perform spell checking of text in a jEdit
buffer. You will need to install Aspell (http://aspell.sf.net/) before using
this plugin. Aspell is available for Windows and a variety of UNIX platforms.

I have windowsXP Home SP3.

I can't use commands or scripts because of stroke but if someone explanes
carefully.....

I had a few problems getting a spell-checker plugin to work correctly with
Notepadd++ After several attempts and in this order, it worked!

1: Install GNU Full Installer "Aspell-0-50-3-3-Setup" to default location:
C:\Program Files\Aspell
2: Install "Aspell-en-0.50-2-3" (English dictionary)
3: Install Notepad++ "npp.5.4.1.Installer" to “C:\Program Files\Aspell\bin”
4: Launch Notepad++

I no longer use Notepadd++.

Looks like I have to remove jEdit. them put jedit42install to “C:\Program Files
\Aspell\bin”. then Launch jEdit then use jEdit Plugins to Plugin manager to
run SpellCheck.

Right?
matching preprocessor
Submitted by DSPWANG on Tuesday, 9 June, 2009 - 17:26
Hello,

is there a way to match C/C++ preprocessor directives, such as matching from #if to #endif, and match #elif or #else in between. Similar to the functionality in Vim using the "%" (percent) key; and possibly with the extended functionality of "matchit" plug-in in Vim.

thanks in advance.

DW
Is there some jedit plugin - that provides JAVA cross reference functionality in last Jedit versions???
Submitted by psimonovsk on Monday, 1 June, 2009 - 07:03
I am looking for something - that will give me functionality like xemacs xref or definitions/calls in eclipse - that means, something that will jump to method/variable/class definition/references...
Append text to end of lines
Submitted by proee on Wednesday, 27 May, 2009 - 22:36
I'm wondering if there's an easy way to do a "block" select across multiple and be able to append text at the end of each line. I usually do this using a rectangular selection, but the rectangular selection is rigid and I would like to find a way to append to the end of the line in it's natural position.

That is, I'm looking for a rectangular selection that can "find" the end of the line as I drag the across multiple lines. I believe this is something that textmate does so I'm sure it's possible...
Templates
Submitted by vhenry on Wednesday, 27 May, 2009 - 18:45
Moving from Dreamweaver, I'm used to being able to create a basic template (usually with header, nav, footer info) and use that to create my other pages, that way, if I need to change something in the navigation for instance, I update the template and it instantly replicates to all other pages in site. Is there such a feature in jedit? I have to imagine there is and I just haven't found it yet.
Downloading latest nightly version?
Submitted by mtgavin on Wednesday, 27 May, 2009 - 18:22
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but it seems as good as any.

There are some bugs in 4.3pre16 that have been fixed since that release. However it seems difficult to download these latest versions- seems like you need to actually compile the source code yourself. (Download and install ant, etc). Frankly I am surprised this is not automated somehow; I had expected the various platform versions would be completely built every night, but apparently they are not.

So is there a way I could just get the latest java.jar for linux (i.e. last night's build) without having to go through a lot of effort with compiling jedit/ant/etc?

Thanks -

Matt
contextmenu on mac?
Submitted by TheGhost on Wednesday, 27 May, 2009 - 05:54
Hello,
how can I add jedit to the context menu on a Mac to open several file types (html, txt, dat, ...)?
Thanks
Dominik
May with JEdit download/edit/upload remote webpage files ?
Submitted by lse123 on Sunday, 24 May, 2009 - 20:56
May with JEdit download/edit/upload remote webpage files ? If yes, I may see and remote hosting folder/file structure ? How many MBs takes on HDD the JEdit ?
Putting my own icons in the Tool Bar?
Submitted by Cheshirewhiskers on Friday, 22 May, 2009 - 01:02
Hi, I'm having trouble putting my own icons into the the Tool Bar... I assume that they have to be 22 by 22 pixels large & either png's or giff's but every time I try to load one, jEdit just freezes. Do the images I'm trying to load have to be in a certain folder or sub directory or something? I'm running jEdit on a mac G4 under OS X 10.4.11
Any help would be appreciated.
Accessing a Remote Database Server
Submitted by vhenry on Thursday, 14 May, 2009 - 20:24
Hi, new convert from Dreamweaver here. I have remote FTP set up but was hoping there is also a feature/plugin that will allow me to remotely connect to my database server. Does anything like that exist? Also 2 questions: is there an html shortcuts menu? is there a way to list css styles?
Jexplorer does not work
Submitted by psimonovsk on Wednesday, 13 May, 2009 - 07:12
Hi! I do not success to get Jexplorer plugin to work... I use jedit 4.3 pre 16 on windows...
I have installed all Java plugins (including Project manager - that Jexplorer depends on)... I get window of Jexplorer pugin... When I enter "create model" - it "creates model" (it appears on list) - but it finish it too fast (almost immediately) and index remains empty... I use java 1.5... Is there any way to troubleshoot it??? Or - any other way to get in jedit xreferences of Java project???
Highlighting the same words by double clicking
Submitted by yirco on Thursday, 7 May, 2009 - 14:10
Hello,

I would like to double click on a word and have all the same words highlighted in the current file I am editing. For example when I double click word "myVariable", all instances of "myVariable" will be highlighted in the current file.

Is it possible to achieve that in jEdit?

Thank you.
Electric Borders
Submitted by jnicholl17 on Monday, 4 May, 2009 - 18:42
- Using jEdit 4.2 -

I find that I am always having to adjust the vertical position of the page so that I can read a few lines before or after the carat position.

Electric Borders solves this problem to some degree, but it seems to be implemented by enforcing a minimum distance from the carat to the window edge of exactly 3 lines.

I am wondering if it is possible to configure Electric Borders so that the distance of 3 lines could be adjustable or user defined.

Better yet, is it possible to configure jEdit so that the carat is always vertically centered?

I am hesitant to add this as a feature request as I am unsure if this is already implemented.

Thanks,

James
Mode Selection
Submitted by gsawyer9 on Friday, 1 May, 2009 - 20:14
How (when) does jEdit determine the mode to be used when editing a file?

My current project has many makefiles named "something.mak." I've set jEdit's makefile mode file name glob to "(*.mak,Makefile,makefile)" but the makefiles are opened in text mode. I can manually change it to makefile mode, but I often forget.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Gary.
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Forum topics
Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82349