jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Newbie ? on Console Compile
Submitted by rray on Friday, 2 June, 2006 - 14:48
I am new to JEdit. I am using the latest version of JEdit-jEdit 4.3pre4. When I use the console to compile my source code, I see the following in the system window: javac -classpath "$CLASSPATH;C:\jdk50Study\src\access" -sourcepath "C:\jdk50Study\src\access" -g -deprecation -encoding Cp1252 "C:\jdk50Study\src\access\Mini.java" However, when the JDK runs the command, I see the follwoing error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unrecognized command: javac -classpath <.... I left this long list out> Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me. I really need to get JEdit working....... Thank you for any words of advice. Russ
Newbie ? on JCompiler
Submitted by rray on Friday, 2 June, 2006 - 14:41
Guys/Gals:

I am very new to JEdit. I am using the tool to work with JDK1.5. I have install the JCompile pulgin. When I try to compile the source code, I receive the following exception involving the BeanShell Error Dialog box.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: console.Console.setShell(Lconsole/Shell;)V
at jcompiler.JCompilerPlugin.executeCommand(JCompilerPlugin.java:106)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Is there something I have not done?

Thank you for any words of advice.

Russ
Work with FTP
Submitted by maksud on Friday, 2 June, 2006 - 11:24
Is it possible to connect to ftp using jEdit, if I'm under proxy? I cannot see place where I can fill my FTP proxy settings.

Maksud.
Lookbehind regex?
Submitted by Full name on Friday, 2 June, 2006 - 06:54
Can I use lookbehind ( http://www.regular-expressions.info/lookaround.html ) in jEdit? The lookbehind syntax ( (?<!a)b ) gives an regex error and the manual doesn't mention it so I'm guessing jEdit doesn't support it. Either that or it's using some undocumented syntax I'm not aware of.
PHP Project error
Submitted by metric152 on Wednesday, 31 May, 2006 - 21:30
I received a new updated today for the Project Viewer plug-in. Once I restarted jEdit I received the error
PHP Project
Your project is in an invalid file format. You have to refresh the project.

I tried moving jar's in and out of the main program folder until the error stopped. Once i figured out which one it was (PHPParser) I removed the PHPParserPlugin folder from ~./jedit/PHPParserPlugin directory and let jEdit recreate it. That solved the problem for me.

If anyone else runs into this error I hope it will help.
Questions on the Console and Project Viewer plug-ins
Submitted by technel on Tuesday, 30 May, 2006 - 04:10
Hello,

I am using jEdit for Ruby on Rails development. Code completion, abbreviations, etc. work well, but I am still having some issues.

First, when I run a generator that finds duplicate files, it asks for user input as to whether or not to overwrite the files. In the regular Windows command prompt, this works fine, but in the jEdit console, it just shows it as "Working..." and doesn't ask if you want to overwrite.

Second, when you run the WEBrick server, you must leave the console window open. Is it possible to create a macro to create a new floating instance of Console and run the required command ("ruby script\server")?

Third, when I use a generator, it creates a lot of files. I use them quite frequently, and it can sometimes be annoying to have to go to re-import files every time a file is created outside of jEdit. Is it possible to have jEdit monitor the directory and auto-import newly created files, even when jEdit is open?

Thanks!
Improving the verilog mode
Submitted by wipet on Monday, 29 May, 2006 - 13:23
Hi, I am trying to improve the verilog mode to fit a coding guildline, I whant the "begin" and the "end" to be aligned. The problem is that I am not able to tell jedit to lineup the "end", I've trided by using :

"PROPERTY NAME="indentOpenBrackets" VALUE="begin" /"
"PROPERTY NAME="indentCloseBrackets" VALUE="end" /"

with no sucess.. can someone help?

(sorry for my bad english)

tx in advance
Formating XML tags - automatic indent of tags groups
Submitted by robotmonster on Sunday, 28 May, 2006 - 05:31
I'm looking to automaticly indent by tabs XML group tags. Also indent Javascript's "if", functions etc.
Is there such command/plugin/macro?
Default Edit mode : defeating Fortran
Submitted by Bob Armstrong on Thursday, 25 May, 2006 - 00:08
I'm editing FORTH files which use the suffix ".f" .
The assembler coloring works well enough for my purposes
and I have set the defaults for both the global and buffer
options to default to that . But something insists on opening
.f files as FORTRAN which I haven't used in 35 years .

How do I kill that ?
Opening Unicode files
Submitted by camomiletea on Wednesday, 24 May, 2006 - 23:22
When I open a UTF-8 file without a BOM (Byte Order Mark) in jEdit, I see weird squiggly characters (if you know what I mean) in place of expected Cyrillic. I didn't find a place where I could specify the encoding. I also wanted to have the ability to specify 'no BOM' on any UTF-8 files I may create in future.

I was actually able to type in some Russian, but that isn't enough. I need to be able to open Unicode files created in different applications too.

Any ideas?
Ignore SVN directories when searching in directories
Submitted by peetucket on Thursday, 18 May, 2006 - 16:15
Hello All,

Does anyone have a handy filter that will ignore the "svn" directories for a subversion project when doing a search for files in a directory? I often search for code in my subversion based project directories using the "Search and Replace" feature and don't want all the redudant files in the "svn" directories to show up too. I have not figured out a way to use the filters feature to filter out those files.

Thanks!
Peter
horizontal scroll?
Submitted by jimjo95 on Wednesday, 17 May, 2006 - 14:20
most MacOSX apps. allow horizontal scrolling using shift+scroll. Anyway to recreate this in jEdit?

thanks
unable to use line predefined variable in beanshell
Submitted by jeditfan on Wednesday, 17 May, 2006 - 03:18
Hi
I am a novice user and so far am pleasantly surprised with JEdit features. I face a small problem which I think is due to my lack of exp with this. I want to do a search and replace some string with a beanshell syntax.

for eg
search - (\d+)=(\w+)
replace - _1 + text.getCaretLine() + _2 (beanshell expression).

I get an error to the effect that text is undefined. For that matter, I get the same error even for the predefined var. "line". What is going on?

Any insight will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
SK.
Auto save when jEdit window looses focus
Submitted by stellari on Friday, 12 May, 2006 - 18:02
This is a duplicate post... I mistakenly submitted the first one to the wrong forum... my fault.

I just download and installed jEdit for the first time and I'm still not completely used to it.
I'm looking for a way to auto save all the open files/buffers once the program looses focus.
I find it very handy when I modify several dependent scripts and then move to a different program to run it.
This is a feature I got used to have in MultiEdit.
I'm sure there must be a way to do it.
Thanks,
Franco
"Keep Dialog" (check box) in Search & Replace: Settings
Submitted by ELockhart on Friday, 12 May, 2006 - 13:27
I have tried to find out what the "Keep Dialog" check box refers to in the JEdit "Help Files" but can not find any reference to it. Would someone please point me to the right spot (in the "Help Files") or explain what it means/how it works?

Thanks,
Eric
Jedit showing . characters
Submitted by kannan.ekanath on Wednesday, 10 May, 2006 - 13:18
In JEdit,
The editor is showing a "." instead of EOL character and a ":" whenever the word wrapping happens. Although sometimes desirable i want to TURN THIS feature off. Is there anyway i can do this?

I tried playing with the global options, buffer options and the forums but cudnt find something though.

Thanks,
Kannan
kannan.ekanath@gmail.com
uneditable and editable regions in the code
Submitted by canelita on Monday, 8 May, 2006 - 12:48
I am not an expert with Jedit, so I dont know how basic this question is.

Do we have a plugin/feature that allows me to have uneditable and editable regions in the code?
I need to lock some region in the code, so users cannot touch some code I have already generated.
SWI Prolog
Submitted by vale on Saturday, 6 May, 2006 - 02:11
Hello,
I am new to JEdit and I was wondering if someone already have thought about integrating SWI prolog into JEdit or can help me with my starting problems:

First I edited modes/catalogs so the syntax highlightning works automatically with the file endings of my project, adjusted the prolog.xml for my needs and filled with additional keywords of swi-prolog. this worked quite well.

Then I tried the simple task to integrate the swi-shell into jedit by using the console plugin. So I started "swipl" in the System-console, which also starts the swi-prompt, but right after I get thrown out again with "ERROR: Stream user_input:8: Syntax error: Unexpected end of file". I guess there is a simple solution to this lying behind some adjustments of the console-plugin...

Further, I want to use the ErrorList-plugin to attach to swi (is this possible/usefull/hard, can it show the line of the error in the buffer) and make shortcuts to common prolog commands like "consult" aso.

Thanks for any help.

vale
CSS Plugin Help
Submitted by gkterry on Tuesday, 2 May, 2006 - 12:03
I am having some difficulty getting the CSS Editor Plugin to work. I am using the latest development version of jEdit on Win XP with Java 1.5 U6. When I attempt to add an element in the CSS editor, everything appears to work as expected (including the preview) until I click the Add button. Then nothing happens. This occurs whether I am creating a new element or attempting to modify a previously created element after parsing.

I have totally wiped out the user settings and the jEdit program several times. Once I installed the program with just the CSS Editor plugin with the same result. I've noticed that this doesn't work on 2 different computers.

Am I missing something? Thanks for the help!
nu-B : please advise
Submitted by ekips on Monday, 1 May, 2006 - 22:22
Hello,

I am a complete newbie to developing GUIs, and using Swing in general. I am trying to embed a simple text editor into my current project that would allow for basic syntax highlighting and line numbering.

I am wondering if there is anyway to embed jedit with a small subset of its existing features, or if someone might be able to point me in the right direction... I think I may need to look into *EditorKits from swing, but I am still getting my bearings with this project...

any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

--fjs--

« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281