jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
How to use and configure JcrontabPlugin
Submitted by ebart on Friday, 24 February, 2006 - 09:03
Do any body know about information on using JcrontabPlugin? I've installed this plugin, it is seen in Plugin Manager as loaded. There is no JcrontabPlugin item in Plugins menu. jEdit produceses errors caused by this plugin like: [error] JcrontabPlugin: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/eb/.jcrontab/jcrontab.properties (No such file or directory) [error] Cron: at java.lang.Class.forName0 (Native method) [error] Cron: at java.lang.Class.forName0 (Class.java 141) [error] Cron: at org.jcontab.data.DataFactory.(DataFactory.java:52) ... and so on I don't know exactly what does it meen.
Windows Native Launcher?
Submitted by tony72 on Thursday, 23 February, 2006 - 12:58
Hi, I recently installed jEdit 4.2, and it seems to be a great editor. But I can't seem to associate it with any file types. From googling, it sounds like there used to be a native launcher for this purpose, but it doesn't seem to have been installed with 4.2, and I don't see a standalone download anywhere. Is there a way to do this?
emacs-like keyboard
Submitted by steph on Monday, 20 February, 2006 - 21:33
Hi, I'd like to change globally all the shortcuts so that an emacs user would be instantly at home
I've seen that it is possible to change any shortcut...but it is too tedious to do it this way for every escape sequence
maybe the best way would be to permit a few styles: jedit, emacs, whatever
is it possible to generate a file with all the actual keyboard shortcuts (in a form that can be reread by jedit Smiling...from there it should be easy to generate another "style"
any thoughts?
thanks
Edit Modes: Specify Indent Next Line When Last Char is Colon
Submitted by hurricanedavid on Tuesday, 14 February, 2006 - 18:28
I am using jEdit to write AutoHotKey scripts. Subroutines have the following format...

[code]
SubRoutineName:
__Commands
Return
[/code]

("Commands" should have been indented, but it didn't preview that way, so I inserted a couple of underscores to fake it.)
How can I make jEdit indent after I type a subroutine name and then the colon, rather than having to indent myself?
It does it with braces {}, so I figure I can make it do it after a colon, too.

Can anyone help?
command line: option "+line: " on windows
Submitted by mku on Tuesday, 14 February, 2006 - 10:21
Hi everybody here in the forum , is ti true that on windows the no commandline options except filenames are possible ? I whant to open a file with "jedit +line: but without success. In the help i found the following statement: "If you are using jEditLauncher to start jEdit on Windows, only file names can be specified on the command line" Is that really true or is there another possibility to set a marker on the commandline ? Thanks in advance Martin
Fire up external application, one instance of jEdit
Submitted by anyhow on Tuesday, 7 February, 2006 - 22:22
Hi all
two qustiones:

i use jEdit for HTML development and would like to fire up current document in browser - how to do it (which plugin does it)?

how to avoid opening second instance of jEdit when i open some document with dblclick (application shortcut as associated document) and have yet one instance of jEdit opened in background

thanx in advance for answer
jEdit equivalent to Xedit "All" command?
Submitted by edjgallagher on Tuesday, 7 February, 2006 - 06:27
Good evening. I'm a Xedit user at work losing my favorite editor with the elimination of Unix as the prime operating system. One of Xedit's features I use most often is the "All" command which allows one to display a just a specific set of lines eligible for editting based on a repeating target. Those lines not meeting the display requirements are excluded from the display. Once editting is complete the full file can be redisplayed with the editting changes incorporated. Does jEdit have (or can it be easily configured to have) a similar functionality. If so, I think I've found a new favorite editor. Thanks!
independent views?
Submitted by lsloan on Monday, 6 February, 2006 - 19:53
What I've been unable to do with jEdit so far is to have two or more views open, each with an independent set of open files. Is this currently possible in jEdit? If not, could it be? I would like to have one window with open files A, B, and C, and a second window with files X, Y, and Z.
could FTP plugin handle all file access needs?
Submitted by lsloan on Sunday, 5 February, 2006 - 03:46
I've just started using jEdit in the past couple of weeks. I had been using a combination of SubEthaEdit and Fugu under Mac OS X. When I needed a good, free editor that worked well for editing Python and had code-folding, I tried jEdit. Using the FTP plugin, I've been able to edit files on servers over an SFTP connection.

I've started using more and more plugins with jEdit as I find that they offer good features. One of the disappointing things though is that plugins like XSLT, Project Viewer, QuickNotepad, and others aren't able to work with files through the FTP plugin. I suspect that the reason for this is that these plugins try to open files in the filesystem directly. They don't know how to handle these SFTP URLs.

I wonder if these other plugins would be able to work with files through an SFTP connection if all of their file operations went through the jEdit API. Does jEdit offer functions for working with files? Would that allow working with files via SFTP?
How to see structure tree of XML file?
Submitted by Siver on Saturday, 4 February, 2006 - 16:03
I have learnt from XML plugin page http://plugins.jedit.org/plugins/?XML that "...the element tree is shown in a dockable window".
But how to see it?
I saw the XML tree in the screenshots but would like to see it in my jEdit buffer too Smiling.
Launch a file from jEdit
Submitted by hurricanedavid on Thursday, 2 February, 2006 - 14:54
How would I use jEdit to run a file I'm working on?

I found the InfoViewer plug-in, which launches web-type files in external browsers. That's good for the web-type files. But what about for other kinds of files?

I am constantly working on AutoHotKey scripts and then wanting to run them to see the changes I've made. Right now, I have to make a change, then flip back to the Windows Explorer file window and double-click the file to run it to see the changes I just made.

I'm sure there's a way to do this in jEdit. I've searched the help and this forum, but found nothing. Thanks for any help.
Welcome to russian site about jEdit
Submitted by Siver on Thursday, 2 February, 2006 - 14:45
I am pleased to invite everybody at http://jedit.ru - russian site devoted to jEdit.
JMail Plugin Issues
Submitted by kraftomatic on Thursday, 2 February, 2006 - 13:19
Hey Guys,

I'm having some problems getting the JMail plugin to work. I go through and set all my account settings, and get the following error:

Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port 25; nested exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect.

At first I'm thinking that it's something to do with a firewall in the background, so I try changing the port to say, 20 (it's 25 by default). However it still looks like it's trying to connect to "localhost" which doesn't make any sense. My email settings have a different port and host, yet they for some reason aren't being used.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Keyboard shortcuts, brief emulation etc.
Submitted by kean on Wednesday, 1 February, 2006 - 12:13
Has anyone done anything in the direction of Brief emulation ?
A plugin or a compete list of keyboard shortcuts ?

Another problem I have is that I cant find the buttons for BACK_QUOTE, OPEN_BRACKET and CLOSE_BRACKET ! I'm using a norwegian keyboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
After a few hours of jEdit experimenting I'm almost sure that this will be my new text editor of choice !

Kjell Eirik
How can I change the color/background of the Filebrowser ?
Submitted by leobm on Tuesday, 31 January, 2006 - 11:42

thanks,

Felix
Submitted by leobm on Tuesday, 31 January, 2006 - 11:42

thanks,

Felix
Option to store temp-files in a specific folder?
Submitted by DJ Hix on Monday, 30 January, 2006 - 10:17
Hello!

I searched in the forum and looked through the options of jEdit, but i couldn't find an option in jEdit to select a path where it stores it's [filename]~-tempfiles.
Did i just missed the option or should i post this in the feature-requests forum?

DJ Hix
Error Downloading Plugins
Submitted by onceuponapriori on Monday, 30 January, 2006 - 05:36
Whenever I attempt to download a new plugin, jEdit displays the following error message:

an i/o error occurred(no route to host: connect)

Before posting here, I tried to search for similar problems in the forum. The only message I found included a suggestion to configure jEdit to use a proxy, if the user was using a proxy. But I am not, so I am hoping someone has some other advice.

I can see the list of plugins, so it seems to me that I am able to connect to some list on a server somewhere. The progress bar runs to approx 50% and then displays the error message.

Thanks in advance.
Ctrl-Arrow stop on underscore
Submitted by MasTRE on Monday, 30 January, 2006 - 03:16
Is there a way to make jEdit stop on underscores (_) when one uses Ctrl-Arrow (left or right)?
Considering jEdit instead of Arachnophilia - FTP Uploader
Submitted by hurricanedavid on Friday, 27 January, 2006 - 16:42
I've been using Arachnophilia for years as my primary IDE for web development. I love the way it's toolbars, macros, and menus are totally configurable.

However, I'm developing a tag/function completion tool that will work in any text editor, so I don't need my custom-built Arachnophilia menus and toolbars as much any more. And I'm wondering if there's another editor out there that will serve me better.

Is there any kind of site upload tool/plugin for jEdit? Something that will detect all changed files in a directory structure and upload them to the correct location on the site.
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281