Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 30 March, 2005 - 13:04
When writing Java code I like to use the following style

for(int i = 0; i < x; i++)
{
     //code here
}

But JEdit always trys to interpret my layout differently

//It automatically tabs to this point before I have put in the opening brace.

This means I'm constantly pressing the back space button to put my braces where I want them. I've looked everywhere for some way to control this interpretation but there doesn't seem to be a control panel for it.
¿Has anyone got ony suggestions?
Indent problem
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 30 March, 2005 - 13:02
When writing Java code I like to use the following style

{
//code here
}

But JEdit always trys to interpret my layout differently

//It automatically tabs to this point before I have put in the opening brace.

This means I'm constantly pressing the back space button to put my braces where I want them. I've looked everywhere for some way to control this interpretation but there doesn't seem to be a control panel for it.
¿Has anyone got ony suggestions?
Code Browser in OSX?
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 27 March, 2005 - 15:04
I'm a long time user of jEdit, but just found out about the code browser plugin. I'm running OS/X v.10.3.8, and installed exuberant ctags (version 5.5.4) through darwinports. Ctags seems to run perfectly from the command line, but it just doesn't work inside of jEdit. I've got the correct path in the plugin settings. I've tried different kinds of files, some C, some tcl, html, java, and PHP, so I'm fairly sure it's not a language-support or file extension issue.

I noticed some odd behavior, as well. I've got the Code Browser docked on the right. When I first open jEdit, there are some entries in the code tree that are completely out of the blue (I expanded them so you could see):

If anyone could help me out with this, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks
HTML Code Formatting?
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 25 March, 2005 - 14:34
Is jEdit (or a plugin) able to perform HTML source code formatting, like for example Dreamweaver does? I got many files with messy html code and I was wondering if I could do this with jEdit.

Thanks...
Plug in download did not work
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 25 March, 2005 - 07:47
I was going to download the JCompiler and Console plug-ins so I don't have to open a command line to compile and run my program. But during the download I got I/O error and I don't know why. I'm assuming the download failed. How can I tell if I have these plug-ins installed?
Dock the "Search and Replace" dialog?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 24 March, 2005 - 20:21
Hi,

I've just started using JEdit - excellent product!

Is there any way to make the "Search and Replace" dialog dockable? It would definitely making editing multiple buffers easier.

Thx,

Frank.
Keep Java mode from indenting to javadoc space
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 23 March, 2005 - 19:44
I'm certain I had this problem fixed once, but I can't find whatever documentation I used. I've just come back to JEdit from Netbeans, so I can't quite recall what changes I made. I'm using JEdit 4.2Final.

If I'm typing a Java file, and I enter a Javadoc, followed by a class or method declaration, when I press <enter> on the line, it indents to the * on the javadoc. Example:

I type:

/**
 * javadoc comment
 */
public class MyClass {

Jedit automatically indents to:

/**
 * javadoc comment
 */
 public class MyClass {

inserting the space at the beginning of the line. I don't want this to happen. Can anybody tell me what I need to do to fix it; I suspect I'll have to edit the java mode file, but I'm not overly familiar with the syntax. I looked at the java mode, but nothing popped out to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Dusty

PS: My login seems to be broken here, I'm 'Sawdusty', but I can't log in and the request password form isn't sending me one.
A total beginner
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 23 March, 2005 - 08:00
I downloaded JBuilder but it looks pretty complicated for me and I may have to switch to something simpler. I might download a text editor like jEdit and then install that along with Java 1.4. Is that all I need to do then to start writing programs? When I install jEdit will it automatically link itself to Java 1.4 or do I have to go through some manual configuration process to link the two together?

And what is a plug-in? Do I need to install any plug-ins? Or can I use jEdit just the way it comes in the download?
Community site
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 22 March, 2005 - 08:31
Hi there,

I have been watching this community for a few days and looks like no serious communication takes place. I as a lot of other people am looking for sharing knowledge and information on using jEdit.

Is there any other place out there where this is done ?

regards
Saving HyperSearch results in a separate file
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 22 March, 2005 - 06:57
I wonder if there is a way to save HyperSearch results in a separate file.
Move-Drop Icon too big
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 18 March, 2005 - 12:17
If you find the icon for the move / drop operation gets in the way and obscures where you want to drop selection try this solution:
This is using j2re1.4.2_06 - the problem may not exist in other versions
Find file "motif_MoveDrop32x32.gif"
in
/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_06/lib/images/cursors/motif_MoveDrop32x32.gif
or wherever your jre folder is
Open in gimp (may have to change read/write permission)
Select white area - leave just little bit of white around edge
Make it transparent
Save.

This will, I expect change icon, in all java apps.
You could also try editing "cursors.properties"
I'm sure there might be better wys but this seems to work!
Removing period at the end of line
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 14:24
Is there a way to not display the "." period at the end of each line. I find it very hard to edit anything with jedit because the language I use already uses periods at the end of line. Having to periods at the end kind of throws me off. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Highlighting Matching Tag Issue
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 16 March, 2005 - 07:23
Hi, I know there is a way for Jedit to outline the matching tag with any color given, but is there a way to have it set a background color for the matching tag instead of just outlining it?

Thanks.
How to move profile directory ?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 15 March, 2005 - 14:58
Is there a way to move jedit's profile directory under windows from "C:\Documents and Settings\username\.jedit" to another location ?
Since the profile space is restricted to 20 MB in our network, I've got to (partially) delete it before I can log off.
ErrorList errors
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 12 March, 2005 - 09:39
I have problem when using javac. Errors from javac are recognized as warnings in ErrorList plugin. JCompiler doesn't have that problem.

With jikes there is a problem in showing errors in edit pane. Whole line is underlined as error, but it should underline just a part of line that jikes is showing like this: D:/work/SomeClass.java:105:22:105:34:
1. number is beginning line, 2. is beginning column, 3. ending line and 4. number is ending line of error.
auto indent inserts tabs
Submitted by mapo on Friday, 11 March, 2005 - 10:55
Hi,
although I chose "Indent with: Soft (emulated with spaces) tab" in the global options, the smart indent uses tabs. Why?
Thank you
Massimo
button to launch java program ?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 8 March, 2005 - 09:10
the JCompiler plugin provides a command to compile a java file, that I can associate to a button.
But how do I create a button to execute the current java file ?
I can't believe that I have to write the "java ..." command in the console to do that.
I've look at the FAQ, I've not found this question: noboby uses Jedit to develop java applications ? Eye-wink
Python error pattern
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 6 March, 2005 - 06:42
I do not know how to see Console Error patterns for Python 2.4. I do not know even regexp! I have searched this message board for answer but did not find him, just unanswered questions. So help us please!

Error and worning look like this:
D:\> python $f
sys:1: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xe8' in file D:\pywork\hashmap.py on line 7, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
___File "D:\pywork\hashmap.py", line 101
____pri nt hm.find(17)
_______^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Process python exited with code 1
D:\>

__ means leading spaces.
question about using Console Plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 2 March, 2005 - 09:45
I am sorry for my not good English.
Console Plugin allows users to set compiler and interpreter for each buffer format.
I need to set the following program to be the interpreter for Haskell buffers.
C:\Program Files\Hugs98\winhugs.exe (a Windows program path)
To do that, I opened Console Plugin option, and the option dialogbox displayed the following options for interpreters:

none
ant
diff
hugs
java
... etc..

There was "hugs" in the list, but no "winhugs". In this case, what should I do?
What will make the winhugs.exe to appear in the list?

Thanks in advance.
how to open multiple jedit browsers
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 2 March, 2005 - 00:51
can anyone help me. I've tried the settings but they don't seem to work. I just want to have multiple browsers rahter than one.

Any help
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348