:..Www.Bim-Diesel.Ch.Vu..:
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 20 November, 2004 - 18:35
Hello
:..Www.Bim-Diesel.Ch.Vu
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 20 November, 2004 - 18:35
Hello
Java syntax parsing
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 19 November, 2004 - 19:45
I'm trying to find a plugin that will simply parse my open .java file(s) and report (in ErrorList) whether there are syntax issues. I have a weak work-around that compiles (JCompiler) only the current buffer and then reports the errors. But this is a bit time consuming...Ideally, the plugin would parse everything open and then I could cycle through the buffers looking for the red marks to correct my errors. This would save me a nice amount of time prior to a lengthy build process.

TIA
Newbee needs help with new Mode:
Submitted by phcjpp on Friday, 19 November, 2004 - 12:23
Hi, Quick question I am trying to use a SPAN_REGEXP that really needs a regexp in the tag too and I was wondering if there is a way round this A comment starts with / on a new line and ends with a \ on a new line - if possible whitespace should be ignored e.g. (^[[:blank:]]*/[[:blank:]]*$) and should end with (^[[:blank:]]*\[[:blank:]]*$) (NOT ALLOWED!) is there a way round this ? Thanks Chris
What is the best java code completion plugin
Submitted by rmsh on Thursday, 18 November, 2004 - 21:33
Hi,

I'm relatively new to jEdit, still under experimenting stage. I see more than one choice for java code completion. Which one of them is the best and works fine.

I tried codeaid and had some troubles making it work with jEdit4.2.

Thanks in advance

-Ramesh
Input Method Editor for jEdit
Submitted by bibiko on Thursday, 18 November, 2004 - 10:20
Dear all,

this is only to let you know that there is a way to input foreign language scripts with jEdit.
Under https://sourceforge.net/projects/jgim/ you will find a java based customizable input editor for all java applications. If you install it and make sure that you have installed the right fonts you are able to input Chinese, Kannada, Bengali etc. It based on Yudit coming from UNIX. It is a very good solution with some disadvantages of choosing the right character but this issue stands on the ToDo list. By the way is there any chance to write with jEdit Arabic or Hebrew, i.e. is there any support for writing from right to left?

All the best

Hans
Input Method Editor for jEdit
Submitted by bibiko on Thursday, 18 November, 2004 - 10:19
Dear all,

this is only to let you know that there is a way to input foreign language scripts with jEdit.
Under https://sourceforge.net/projects/jgim/ you will find a java based customizable input editor for all java applications. If you install it and make sure that you have installed the right fonts you are able to input Chinese, Kannada, Bengali etc. It based on Yudit coming from UNIX. It is a very good solution with some disadvantages of choosing the right character but this issue stands on the ToDo list. By the way is there any chance to write with jEdit Arabic or Hebrew, i.e. is there any support for writing from right to left?

All the best

Hans
Beanshell Plugin issue
Submitted by rmsh on Wednesday, 17 November, 2004 - 21:35
Hi "getClassPath()" function in Beanshell console is throwing the following error

Surprisingly, same command works fine in beanshell standalone.... any clues what is happening here.

Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``getClassPath();'' : reflection error: bsh.ReflectError: Method getClassPath() not found in class'org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell$CustomClassManager' : at Line: 10 : in file: getClassPath : .getClassPath ( ) Called from method: getClassPath : at Line: 1 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``getClassPath();'' : getClassPath ( ) at bsh.BSHPrimarySuffix.doSuffix(BSHPrimarySuffix.java:131) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:80) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.BSHAssignment.eval(BSHAssignment.java:77) at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130) at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80) at bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:349) at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:246) at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:179) at bsh.Name.invokeLocalMethod(Name.java:915) at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:805) at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:72) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:446) at console.ConsoleBeanShell.execute(ConsoleBeanShell.java:73) at console.Console.run(Console.java:412) at console.Console.access$1300(Console.java:44) at console.Console$RunActionHandler.actionPerformed(Console.java:758) at console.ConsolePane.fireActionEvent(ConsolePane.java:134) at console.ConsolePane$EnterAction.actionPerformed(ConsolePane.java:347) at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(SwingUtilities.java:1571) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(JComponent.java:2730) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(JComponent.java:2765) at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(JComponent.java:2693) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5265) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803) at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1810) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:668) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:916) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:794) at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:632) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3841) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1766) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:234) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

-Ramesh
how to highlight java code and how to get rid of the blue line
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 17 November, 2004 - 21:19
Hi!

sorry, i'm a newbie, so...
the features list "highlighting of many languages"... my java files has no different colors or highlighting at all. i installed some plugins, and it did well with html code, but not with my java code. could it be it is, because it's not named .java?

and how do i get rid of the blue vertikal line?
what is it good for?

thanks for your help!
Arne
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 17 November, 2004 - 21:16
Hi!

the features list "highlighting of many languages"... my java files has no different colors or highlighting at all. i installed some plugins, and it did well with html code, but not with my java code. could it be it is, because it's not named .java?

what is it good for?

thanks for your help!
Arne
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 17 November, 2004 - 21:15
Hi!

what is it good for?

thanks for your help!
Arne
Is possible to decrease a width of gutter border?
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 17 November, 2004 - 10:19
Is possible to decrease a width of gutter border?
--
Regards, Skalex.
How to change JEdit toolbar icons
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 12 November, 2004 - 06:11
I just want to have different toolbar icons and I have done some research but didn't get anyinformation. But in screenshots i can see different toolbar icons. Can somebody tell me how to get new icons and how to change it? I am using winxp pro and have latest version of JEdit and have all the plugin available. Thank.
How to view Javadoc without leaving jEdit
Submitted by rmsh on Thursday, 11 November, 2004 - 23:05
Hi,

I'm a newbie to jEdit and in love with it.

Does anyone know how to view Java Docs inside jEdit (probably in a new tab). Basically a simple HTML viewer. I don't know if this is possible by any plugin/macro? (I might be dumb). It is a great value add for developers.

Thanks in advance
-Ramesh
Help with text and changing the java.home property
Submitted by bksuro on Thursday, 11 November, 2004 - 22:31
hi,

I just downloaded jEdit for editing java files, I got a message that I need to change jEdit java working directory to JDK from JRE, after some search i found the "system properties" tag and clicking on it has given me the output as follows:

-- listing properties --

http.agent=jEdit/4.2final (Java 1.4.2_06. Sun Mi...
LINES
sun.boot.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin
LINES
user.dir=C:\Documents and Settings\SBell...
LINES
java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\li...
LINES
java.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bi...
LINES
java.class.path=C:\Documents and Settings\SBell...
LINES
java.home=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06
LINES
java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\li...
sun.boot.class.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\li...
LINES

questions:
1.) How do I edit the information so that I change the information from jre to jdk directory?
2.) How do I see the whole line instead of "..." ?

what I did:
I want to edit the information and place in properties directory as "*.props" file as informed so that when I am typing java codes like "classname.", then I will get the listing of methods, variables like in "MS Visual Studio".

I changed the wordwrap to soft and clicked the "systems properties" and it has not changed the way the result is shown. What is the method to view the full lines without "...". Even changed the columns to 120 and same result.

any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

bksr
i can't have the '^' character, why ?
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 10 November, 2004 - 17:02
I can't use the character '^'.
For example in this case: var = truc ^ chose; When i hit the keyboard (twice, as for other editor) there is nothing.
About C++ mode
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 10 November, 2004 - 14:49
Hello, Is it possible to make jEdit indent lines more like Emacs's cc-mode? I mean when I write something like this for example: cout << "some very long story..." and continue to next row with << someVariable << endl; Emacs indents <<-marks to same column but jEdit doesn't. In my opinion that looks bad. This is just one example and there are other cases too. I wouldn't like to change back to Emacs because of this since jEdit is so much easier to use and I like the Secure FTP option.
2 questions about the configuration
Submitted by Sandal Tolk on Wednesday, 10 November, 2004 - 13:53
Hi!
I just installed jEdit and I'm configuring it at the moment.
I already found all options i wanted, expect the option to turn of this vertical blue line in the middle of the text editor window.
That it is possible to turn it of is seen here: http://jedit.org/index.php?page=screenshot&image=29 but how do I do it? I cant find the Option Sad
Multiple folding modes at once?
Submitted by malyvelky on Sunday, 7 November, 2004 - 18:08
Hi,

I do C++ programming and I'd like to improve the editing experience by getting as much as possible out of code folding.
Basically, I want 3 folding modes at once: fold code between { and }, fold comments, and sometimes explicit fold. How to do it? Thanks! /M. Velky
Calling an external tool
Submitted by WalterGallegos on Friday, 5 November, 2004 - 21:12
I'm new in jEdit,
Before surfing all helps, two questions
1/
what is the correct way to call an external tool as a synthetiser, compiler or assembler and capture the tool's output into jEdit ?

2/
Can I jump to an error line from captured output ?

Walter.
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281