jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Print Preview?
Submitted by di97mnu on Friday, 5 November, 2004 - 20:40
Hi!
Is there a Plugin to do a Print Preview??

//Marcus
Print Preview?
Submitted by di97mnu on Friday, 5 November, 2004 - 20:39
Hi!
Is there a Plugin to do a Print Preview??

//Marcus
Resize Frame Using Keyboard?
Submitted by seani on Friday, 5 November, 2004 - 09:52
The Title says is all really; is there a way to interactively resize a frame using keyboard shortcuts.

In Brief for example, you could:

1) Press ALT-R followed by a direction key. This would select the frame edge to resize

2) Use the direction keys to interactively resize

3) Press ENTER to set the size permanently.

Failing this, is there a method to temporarily toggle the current frame to full size. Again, in Brief, I had ALT-Z bound to toggle-zoom.
Help please
Submitted by nempo on Thursday, 4 November, 2004 - 21:36
Ok, i download Active perl and the Java 2 to get Jedit to work. Now that i have it working How do i view my script in the dos screen. i have this written.
(taking a high school class) Then when i go to the dos screen and open it up it just turns up in notpad with all the code i wrote. I also tried to change it to html document and it does the same thing. Whats going on? Can anyone help? thanks.
Changing the font of the help window
Submitted by AndreJRenard on Thursday, 4 November, 2004 - 17:37
How can I do that?
help - /T becomes º (degree symbol?)
Submitted by interactivenyc on Wednesday, 3 November, 2004 - 18:05
Hey folks,

I'm annoyed that everytime I try to type //TODO: the /T part of the string becomes a º symbol. I've tried to find this setting, and can't figure out how to turn this off.

help please!

-steve warren
Outline of function
Submitted by bitonio on Wednesday, 3 November, 2004 - 09:13
Hello,

I would like to know if a plugin that shows the outline (list of functions) exists for JEdit ?

Thanks !
Antoine.
uncomment java code
Submitted by christophe lebel on Tuesday, 2 November, 2004 - 09:55
Hi all , does anybody know a smart tip to uncomment java comment in java source (both range /* and //)?
Inserting the current date when exiting ?
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 1 November, 2004 - 11:08
Is there any way to automatically insert the curent date in the text when exiting JEDIT, so the last update date is saved ?

Thanks
Setting environment variables in Console
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 31 October, 2004 - 17:25
In Jedit (4.2final) with the console plugin I'm not being able to set environment variables. More precisely, in the system console, and in a win2k system

set Path=C:\

does not work. Several variations with extra \ or with " do not work either. OTOH in the BeanShell console the setenv works alright. Can any1 help me out here, what am I doing wrong?

With my best regards,
G. Rodrigues

P.S: If this is not the right forum for this question, my appologies and plz direct me to the right forum.
How do I get lines in between { and } brackets?
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 31 October, 2004 - 07:34
I was just wondering how I could get the lines between the brackets like in this: http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=screenshot&image=14 screenshot. Is it a plug-in? Or a setting? I've looked all over for this, so if anyone knows I'd be very thankful.
Tag completion (XML plugin)
Submitted by cld on Saturday, 30 October, 2004 - 21:27
From documentation: "If the less-than symbol ("<") is typed and no other key is pressed within a specified delay (half a second by default), a tag list popup will be shown." Popup doesn't work for me Sad What's wrong with that ?
Jumping Between Buffer Panes
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 29 October, 2004 - 19:07
I quite often split the main edit window into two pains. How can I use the keyboard to jump between the two panes. Note I am not talking about doced windows. I am talking about when you use the split buttons on the button bar.

Thanks!
jEdit is a great programmers tool
Problem with jEdit and Webdrive
Submitted by amorgos on Friday, 29 October, 2004 - 16:01
I'm using JEdit 4.2 along with webdrive 6.04 (i think...the latest version anyway).

The problem is, when I edit a file, the remote FTP doesn't like the #file# format that jEdit seems to create. so I can't simply save a file using jEdit on the webdrive, i have to save it elsewhere and then copy it onto the webdrive.

Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks a lot
Eurig
Unable to debug Java application using JSwatPlugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 29 October, 2004 - 02:40
Hello People,
I installed JEdit and the JSwatPlugin to debug Java applications. Now I have a TestBanking.java and a package banking containing five other java files. I try to place a breakpoint at main itself in TestBanking.java When I select JSwatPlugin and there I click on "Start VM" I get the following error " An error occurred during execution of a JSwat action:java.lang.NullPointerException. For more information see Activity log".
I am unable to find why this error is popping up.
When I compile the same program from command line it compiles fine but gives a java.lang.NullPointerException at runtime.
Please advise. Error with code or I am not able to use the debugger properly.

Thanks in advance.
Ctrl+TAB to switch buffers
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 28 October, 2004 - 12:44
Hi, I'm used to use ctrl+tab in almost every "tabbed" software to switch buffers -- some apps do it in "stupid" way when ctrl+tab only moves focus to next tab (which I believe can be simulated in jEdit by redefining shortcuts binding) but I found no way to switch tabs (buffers) in a smart way - like Windows XP when using alt+tab: bring the most recently used buffer to the top.

Thank you for the solution. Pavel.
How to invoke new (Ruby) compiler / interpreter ? Console problem in 4.2 ?
Submitted by itsme213 on Wednesday, 27 October, 2004 - 20:50
I am using 4.2 on Windows 2K.

On the DOS command line I can type:
ruby myFile.rb
and it will run, show errors, show output, etc.

I have tried using the Console, and typing in "ruby myFile.rb" and I see nothing. No output, no errors. The little "spinner" icon starts spinning, presumably to show some process is running.

I wonder if my Console plug-in is working right. If I type "cd" it shows the result fine. If I type "dir /w" it does nothing, and again the spinner spins.

Help. What do I need to do?
Integrating Java files with JEdit
Submitted by Yuvaprakash on Tuesday, 26 October, 2004 - 11:59
Hallo javas,

I am new to Jedit..!
can anyone please help me how to integrate java files with jedit..!

i already installed NetBeans..and whenever I am opening any java file its opening with NetBeans and not with Jedit..!

Do I have to install any plugin to make the above..?

i m using Jedit V4.2 Final

thx in advance
Plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 25 October, 2004 - 21:26
Which is the plugin i have to install to permit me to expand and collapse Java classes?. (I saw a screenshot showing a jedit under windows with this)
How to change Ctrl+arrow behavior?
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 24 October, 2004 - 10:52
In almost every text editor (even in Word), when I press ctrl+arrow, the caret moves to the next word. But jEdit goes to next "side of word". Little example:

Notepad caret stops:
|Strange |cater |behavior |in |jEdit

jEdit caret stops:
|Strange| |caret| |behavior| |in| |jEdit.

How can I change this?
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281