jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
removing shell integration
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 21 October, 2004 - 18:45
How do I remove the (right-click) shell integration? THX.
Compiling Java with Jedit
Submitted by Lamerking on Thursday, 21 October, 2004 - 16:36
Hi all,

I`m new in using Jedit.
I installed the JavaStyle Plugin to program in Java.

But I don`t find the option to compile my source code.
Where can I do this?

Thx
Renaming the current buffer file
Submitted by pachanga on Thursday, 21 October, 2004 - 10:10
Hi...

Is it possible somehow to rename the current buffer file? Just like in Ultraedit, i really miss this feature...
Press
Submitted by savithari on Wednesday, 20 October, 2004 - 21:01
Hello: I am inside a jedit buffer. It is of type jsp. I press the < key and immediately a drop down list box with entries like
Changing heap size on OSX
Submitted by arvid on Wednesday, 20 October, 2004 - 12:35
How do I do it on OSX? I've searched both the jEdit application dir and the .jedit dir
"^" key doesn't work.
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 19 October, 2004 - 19:46
Hi,

As many TeX users, my work depends on the "^" symbol which doesn't work in JEdit, everywhere else it does. Is there any possibility to get it activated or is this a bug in jEdit? I'm running under Mandrake Linux 10.0 with XFree 4.3 and KDE 3.2.

Thanks in advance.
Oliver
How to open a open a class's source file from a variable of the class's type?
Submitted by blowfish on Tuesday, 19 October, 2004 - 00:13
Hi

When I use other editors like IDEA from IntelliJ, there is a facility by which, if I select a variable name or a Class name in an open buffer, I can choose an option to directly open the source code of the Class file, so long as it is in the project. I can also go to the declaration of the variable.

Is there a similar facility in jEdit? I have been searching if this facility is available, but I have not been able to locate it. Please let me know if you are aware as to how this can be done? Or is it a new feature altogether?

Rgds.
Command console - How can I clear drop down list of strings entered
Submitted by dustfinger on Monday, 18 October, 2004 - 03:43
I am certain this question has been asked on this forum many times, but I can't seem to find it anywhere so I am going to ask it here now. I want to know how to clear the list of strings in the colsole drop down box. My list keeps getting bigger and bigger as I use this for various projects and I desperately want to clear it now but I can't figure out how for the life of me. I can't seem to find it in the help files either. I am sure I am just as blind as a bat, but if someone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

dustfinger.
XML plugin - what's wrong
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 16 October, 2004 - 17:54
I'm new to jEdit and I wonder what am I doing wrong when I write
File-saving permissions under Windows XP
Submitted by Afishionado on Friday, 15 October, 2004 - 21:27
For whatever reason, whenever I try to save a new file with jEdit under Windows XP, I get the error "Insufficient permissions to save file." If I create the file with Notepad, I can overwrite it to my heart's content with jEdit.

Oh, yeah, I'm using jEdit 4.1. I have no problems using it under Linux.

Is this a bug, or is there just something weird about my configuration?

A'fish'ionado
JPyDebug Problems
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 14 October, 2004 - 03:55
I've installed the JPyDebug plugin, but can not get it to work. I have set the Python interreter to be my version of Python that's installed (2.3), and the jpy daemon script that is in my home directory. I get the fallowing error when I start the debugger.

C:\Python23\python.exe: can't open file 'C:\Documents'

Debug session Abort =2

Also sometime it says localhost instead of 'C:\Documents', and down at the very bottom of the debugger window I get this message.

ERROR :: python jpydebugger launcher ABORTED

Anyone have any ideas why this is not working? I even tried installing the jython plugin, but that did not seem to help either. Do I need jython installed to get the python debugger to work? Also below is some output from the Jedit acitvity log. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

[notice] jEdit: Loading edit mode C:\Program Files\jEdit\modes\text.xml
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (C:\Program Files\jEdit\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (C:\Program Files\jEdit\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: Entering bufferUpdate
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler exited
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (C:\Program Files\jEdit\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=null,source=Untitled-1 (C:\Program Files\jEdit\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: buffer loaded :Untitled-1 mode = text
[notice] jEdit: Loading edit mode C:\Program Files\jEdit\modes\python.xml
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:BufferUpdate[what=PROPERTIES_CHANGED,view=null,source=excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)]
[debug] jEdit: Loading services from jeditresource:/JPyDebug.jar!/services.xml
[debug] EditPlugin$JAR: Opening C:\Documents and Settings\jason\.jedit\jars\xmlParserAPIs.jar
[debug] EditPlugin$JAR: Opening C:\Documents and Settings\jason\.jedit\jars\xercesImpl.jar
[debug] JPYPythonParser: python: activated for excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)
[debug] EditBus: BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=null,source=excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:BufferUpdate[what=LOADED,view=null,source=excel2html.py (Z:\dev\python\)]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: buffer loaded :excel2html.py mode = python
[debug] EditBus: SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] WorkThread: Work request thread starting [SideKick #1]
[debug] WorkThread: Running in work thread: [id=6,run=sidekick.SideKick$ParseRequest@1a4181c]
[debug] JPYPythonParser: entering parser
[notice] Thread-4: C:\Python23\python.exe: can't open file 'C:\Documents'
[debug] EditBus: ErrorSourceUpdate[source=null,what=ERROR_SOURCE_ADDED,errorSource=errorlist.DefaultErrorSource[SideKick],error=null]
[debug] DockableWindowManager: Loading dockables from jeditresource:/ErrorList.jar!/dockables.xml
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:ErrorSourceUpdate[source=null,what=ERROR_SOURCE_ADDED,errorSource=errorlist.DefaultErrorSource[SideKick],error=null]
[debug] EditBus: SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] PythonJeditPanel: JpyDbg Message Handler entered:SideKickUpdate[source=null]
[debug] ActionSet: Loading actions from jeditresource:/Background.jar!/actions.xml
How to set Commando to use jdk 1.5?
Submitted by shingler on Wednesday, 13 October, 2004 - 21:40
Hi all
How can i set the Console/Commando to use jdk 1.5?
For instance to compile a java file with the javac routine?
Many thanks
S
Customizing HyperSearch window behaviour
Submitted by seani on Monday, 11 October, 2004 - 22:21
I use a simple macro (bound to ALT-F) that calls up the HyperSearch window with a regex of ^function, the idea being to get a list of functions in a JavaScript file and skip to the required one.

This works fine, except I'd like the window to close as soon as I select the appropriate entry with ENTER.

Is there a way to achieve this?
Help With Configuring Editing Interface
Submitted by berzerk on Saturday, 9 October, 2004 - 00:51
I have looked all over for this and cannot find what I'm looking for or really what to ask for. In the screenshots section, Robert Fletcher's image, the editor does not have the "." at the end of every line and appears to have the ">>" at each tab indent. I would like to know how to configure these changes. Thanks.
Executing java programs from jedit?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 7 October, 2004 - 21:29
hi. Just started Jedit. I have used textpad earlier and in it i could launch my program directly from textpad. When i used the "run program" button in textpad a command prompt opened with the output of the program. How can i do that in textpad? Is it possible? I have seen the run button in the console but nothing happens.

Hope someone can answer me
PHP getter/setter macro
Submitted by stavros on Thursday, 7 October, 2004 - 16:53
Hey Folks. Over the weekend I started working on a new project and was laying the infrastructure/groundwork out for everything .. doing up the class libs and what not .. I used DB_DataObject a lot in the past to generate my db class object code, but I decided to use my own rolled DbObject class and found myself writting millions of getters/setters for my class files.
Anyway, I got bored of that and found a macro someone wrote (and is posted somewhere on the site) which generates getters/setters for a c or java file and figured, what the heck, let's tweak that for php.

So I did ... and have it working for me somehow ok .. you just highlite the vars, run the macro and it whips them out, you can even select to use javadoc style comments or not.
The original author did a great job, kudos to him/her, wherever they are ... if anyone is interested in using this hacked-for-php version, I can post it somewhere here .. there are a few idiosincrosies I guess that make it work the way I work, but it's a start at least. For instance, for some reason I my db variables/columns use_this_approach to var naming ... when I code, I use studlyCaps, so my class files look like this.

class Something {
    protected $first_var; // <-- this is how it's named in the db

// and the getter/setter for that looks like
    // {{{ Getters

/**
     * javadoc
     */
    public function getFirstVar($first_var) {
          $this->first_var = $first_var;
    }

// }}} End Getters

// {{{ Setters

/**
     * javadoc
     */
    public function getFirstVar() {
          return $this->first_var;
    } 

// }}} End setters

} // class

hah ... interesting, eh? Don't know why I do that, but anyway ... that's how "my" .bsh macro does the getters/setters, but you can hack it pretty easily to work like you do (in a php4 style too, if necessary)... there's more work to be done to make the macro more helpful/slick but if anyone might find it helpful for now, I'll throw her up somewhere ...
-steve
Is there any way to count the number of times a character occurs in a selection?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 7 October, 2004 - 15:05
Title sums up my quesiton. I try Search and Replace and when I enter the character in the Search field and click find it ALWAYS says there is only one occurrence when I can plainly see several.

I also do not see anything in the text tools plugin or other standard JEdit functionality.

Seems like a pretty simple task. Am I missing something here?
Proper Case
Submitted by jpbroome on Tuesday, 5 October, 2004 - 20:41
Anyone have a macro or know of a plugin that handles more Text Case options than just UPPERCASE or lowercase? Specifically, I'm looking for "Proper Case" or "Capitalized", where every first letter in a selection is capitalized.

Here's a spiffy javascript function that does it. Anyone have a jEdit equivalent?

function toTitleJscript(str) {
return str.replace(/(s[a-z])/g,function (match) { return
match.toUpperCase() });

Thanks in advance
Odd coding style support?
Submitted by Langman on Monday, 4 October, 2004 - 18:08
Hi,

I just started working on a new project that is using a very unique (read: I hate it) codeing style..

Any idea how I can modify the cplusplus.xlm so that it is more friendly to this style???

int x(int i)
...{
...switch(i)
......{
......case 1:
.........return 10;
......}
...return i;
...}

(ignore the dots. They were needed to maintain the structure)

Note that the body code and the {} line up, which is different from the so called "GNU coding style". I got it working so that the '{' is indented correctly but I can't seem to prevent jEdit from indenting again for the line following the '{'. Also, I can't see how I can tell jEdit to reduce the indent level for lines following a '}'..

Any help would be much appreciated.
antialiasing GUI
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 3 October, 2004 - 03:52
I just learned that Java v1.5 has a command line switch to force font antialiasing :
-Dswing.aatext=true

I tried it with jEdit 4.2 final on Win2K and it works!
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83283