jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
TypoScript problem
Submitted by blipbloup on Friday, 16 November, 2007 - 10:15
Hi,

I'm using the TypoScript extension for jEdit and have the following problem :

In "Plugin Options", when I choose "TypoScript" and click on the + button to add a new site, nothing happen !

I tried with jEdit 4.2 and 4.3.

Thanks for help !
Plugin Console: TOGGLE LABEL is not working properly
Submitted by domingo80 on Thursday, 15 November, 2007 - 23:42

Hello guys,

I'm having some problems making an XML file for a commando UserInterface with the console plugin.
The jedit help is telling about the use of the TOGGLE_ENTRY ELEMENT the following:

Here is an example TOGGLE_ENTRY element:
<TOGGLE_ENTRY LABEL="Additional file" VARNAME="ignoreCase"
EVAL="buffer.getPath()"/>

Now, i've try this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE COMMANDO SYSTEM "commando.dtd">

<COMMANDO>
<TOGGLE LABEL="blahblah"
VARNAME="var1" />
<TOGGLE_ENTRY LABEL="more blah " VARNAME="var2"
EVAL="buffer.getPath()"/>
</COMMANDO>

The first action "toggle" is working, which means for me that the xml file (under \.jedit\console\commando) has been found and could be read. Now, if i add the element "toggle_entry" jedit is giving an error. Im having exactly the same problem with the LONG ENTRY element!
Am i doing something really wrong or is this a bug? This feature is really important for me, so if u guys have an idea, plz let me know it!

The first lines of the BeanShell error say:

Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``commandoTOGGLE_ENTRY(view,pane,ns,label,var,options);'' : Undefined argument: value : at Line: 10 : in file: commandoTOGGLE_ENTRY : ( value )

Called from method: commandoTOGGLE_ENTRY : at Line: 1 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``commandoTOGGLE_ENTRY(view,pane,ns,label,var,options);'' : commandoTOGGLE_ENTRY ( view , pane , ns , label , var , options )
at bsh.BSHArguments.getArguments(BSHArguments.java:67)
at bsh.BSHPrimarySuffix.doName(BSHPrimarySuffix.java:167)

XML plugin fails with 4.2 final
Submitted by jeffj on Wednesday, 17 October, 2007 - 20:15
I can't get the XML parser to work with jEdit 4.2 final on a new Windows installation. Otherwise, jEdit runs fine.

When I try to use the plugin with an HTML file, I'm told that xml.parser.HTMLParserImpl didn't load because the class xml/parser/XmlParser wasn't found. Seems like those slashes should've been dots. The stack trace is at the end of the message.

I also get an error message, at the same time, that org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl wasn't found.

After this, I have to use the Plugin manager to unload the XML plugin before I can type greater-than characters into any buffer that the XML plugin normally works with. Also, none of the functionality of the plugin is available.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

The stack:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: A class required by class: xml.parser.HTMLParserImpl could not be loaded:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: xml/parser/XmlParser
at bsh.BshClassManager.noClassDefFound(BshClassManager.java:552)
at bsh.BshClassManager.plainClassForName(BshClassManager.java:241)
at bsh.BshClassManager.classForName(BshClassManager.java:170)
at bsh.NameSpace.classForName(NameSpace.java:1265)
at bsh.NameSpace.getClassImpl(NameSpace.java:1165)
at bsh.NameSpace.getClass(NameSpace.java:1106)
at bsh.Name.consumeNextObjectField(Name.java:301)
at bsh.Name.toObject(Name.java:202)
at bsh.BSHAmbiguousName.toObject(BSHAmbiguousName.java:59)
at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:86)
at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47)
at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641)
at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731)
at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:446)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:410)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager$Descriptor.getInstance(ServiceManager.java:321)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager.getService(ServiceManager.java:264)
at sidekick.SideKickPlugin.getParser(SideKickPlugin.java:142)
at sidekick.SideKickPlugin.getParserForBuffer(SideKickPlugin.java:167)
at sidekick.SideKick.setParser(SideKick.java:131)
at sidekick.SideKick.handleMessage(SideKick.java:155)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditBus.send(EditBus.java:148)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.addPluginJAR(jEdit.java:1034)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.pluginmgr.ManagePanel$PluginTableModel.loadPluginJAR(ManagePanel.java:376)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.pluginmgr.ManagePanel$PluginTableModel.setValueAt(ManagePanel.java:298)
at javax.swing.JTable.setValueAt(JTable.java:2662)
at javax.swing.JTable.editingStopped(JTable.java:4661)
at javax.swing.AbstractCellEditor.fireEditingStopped(AbstractCellEditor.java:125)
at javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor$EditorDelegate.stopCellEditing(DefaultCellEditor.java:330)
at javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor.stopCellEditing(DefaultCellEditor.java:215)
at javax.swing.DefaultCellEditor$EditorDelegate.actionPerformed(DefaultCellEditor.java:347)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(JToggleButton.java:291)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6038)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3265)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5803)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2058)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4410)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2116)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4240)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI$Handler.repostEvent(BasicTableUI.java:924)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicTableUI.java:1138)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:273)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6038)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3265)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5803)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2058)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4410)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2116)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4322)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3986)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3916)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2102)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2429)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
S+; How to replicate..
Submitted by joe131 on Saturday, 29 September, 2007 - 01:08
Hi All,

I thought I'd give you some simple instructions so anybody should be able to
replicate the problem. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2.

The problem is that if try to type something like:

[TAB]if ()
[TAB][TAB]System.out.println("blah: "+blah);

As soon as you try to type the ':' the whole line will shift over to the
left. Sad

First it has to be saved as a .java file, if it isn't saved as anything
it'll happily work correctly. So create a simple, valid, .java file
and try to add the above lines to it. I have my jEdit set to not use spaces for tabs.
And you have to use tab(s) at the start of the lines.

As soon as you type the ':' The whole line will indent to the left.

Now delete the System.out.println() line, and this time type it
again, but skip typing the ':' and finish the rest of the line, then
go back and add the ':', it will work fine and won't indent the line.

How crazy is that?

I'm looking at the code, and trying some things, but it's still hard to
track down.. It doesn't seem to be a key translation issue, although
it does say:

9:04:13 PM [error] KeyEventTranslator: Invalid key stroke: C+e C+`

Thanks,

Joe Siebenmann
Printing 1/4th the size
Submitted by ekaqu on Friday, 21 September, 2007 - 22:41
Hi, I have been having an issue as of late where Jedit will print out in 1/4th scale. I have gone though all the options I can see and have found nothing which would cause the scaling. No other app is doing this.

Any help would be very welcomed.
Thanks.
Java Debugger won't start
Submitted by carlstr on Wednesday, 19 September, 2007 - 13:04
Running: Win XP, jEdit 4.3pre10, JDK 1.5, JRE 1.6.<\n> Plugins: Archive, Console, Error List, Java Core, JCompiler, Java Debugger 1.5, etc. I can't get Java Debugger to start. After docking it to the right part of the main-window and clicking the icon I get: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError at debugger.gui.DebugWindow.class$(DebugWindow.java:64) at debugger.gui.DebugWindow.(DebugWindow.java:62) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Reflect.java:620) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(BSHAllocationExpression.java:123) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:114) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:645) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:739) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:728) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:432) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:396) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowFactory$Window.createDockableWindow(DockableWindowFactory.java:412) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowManager.showDockableWindow(DockableWindowManager.java:324) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.PanelWindowContainer$ActionHandler.actionPerformed(PanelWindowContainer.java:421) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: debugger.gui.IOPanel at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader.loadFromParent(JARClassLoader.java:469) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader.loadClass(JARClassLoader.java:86) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ... 46 more Clicking ok there brings another popup saying: Plugin Error Cannot start: java.lang.RuntimeException: Debugger PLugin Requires JDK (not JRE) 1.3 or above. Try updating to a never version of the plugin. As said before I have JDK 1.5 and Java Debugger 1.5. After looking around I suspect the Java Core plugin options aren't set properly. I haven't found any info on how to do this correctly. Is there anyone who can help me with this, I'd be grateful! //Carl
S+; broken for ages, Search Bar not saving strings..
Submitted by joe131 on Tuesday, 18 September, 2007 - 21:24
Hi All, I've used jEdit since way back, on Windows XP Pro, and the biggest issue that I have is that whenever you try to type Shift + ';', to get ':', it always wants to shift the whole line over to the left! Sad I have a plain vanilla jEdit, with no Macros or Plugins. It's done that with every version I've ever had, right now I'm using the latest 43pre10. I don't see that keyboard combination in any Shortcut or anywhere. I don't know what's going on with it, and it drives me nuts. I'm tempted to try and dive into the code, but that's a pretty daunting task.. If it helps, here's the output from the Keyboard test when I hit that combination: Event KEY_PRESSED,keyCode=0x10,keyChar=0xffff,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 filtered Event KEY_PRESSED,keyCode=0x3b,keyChar=0x3a,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 passed Event KEY_TYPED,keyCode=0x0,keyChar=0x3a,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 passed ==> Translated to S<0,3a> Event KEY_RELEASED,keyCode=0x3b,keyChar=0x3a,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 passed Event KEY_RELEASED,keyCode=0x10,keyChar=0xffff,modifiers=0x0,consumed=0 filtered The other problem is that the Search Bar is supposed to save the strings you type into it so you can re-pick a previous one, but it doesn't save any of them. :-\ I haven't touched any of the property files. It's possible, because I've use much older versions of jEdit before, that somehow things got "mucked-up" and it isn't saving them right or something.. At one point I found and deleted a key property file related to that, and let it create a new one, but it still doesn't save anything.. The Search isn't too big a deal. If anybody has any ideas on how to "fix" the S+; problem, please let me know. Smiling Thanks, Joe Siebenmann
S+; broken for ages, Search Bar not saving strings..
Submitted by joe131 on Tuesday, 18 September, 2007 - 21:23
Hi All, I've used jEdit since way back, on Windows XP Pro, and the biggest issue that I have is that whenever you try to type Shift + ';', to get ':', it always wants to shift the whole line over to the left! Sad I have a plain vanilla jEdit, with no Macros or Plugins. It's done that with every version I've ever had, right now I'm using the latest 43pre10. I don't see that keyboard combination in any Shortcut or anywhere. I don't know what's going on with it, and it drives me nuts. I'm tempted to try and dive into the code, but that's a pretty daunting task.. If it helps, here's the output from the Keyboard test when I hit that combination: Event KEY_PRESSED,keyCode=0x10,keyChar=0xffff,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 filtered Event KEY_PRESSED,keyCode=0x3b,keyChar=0x3a,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 passed Event KEY_TYPED,keyCode=0x0,keyChar=0x3a,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 passed ==> Translated to S<0,3a> Event KEY_RELEASED,keyCode=0x3b,keyChar=0x3a,modifiers=0x1,consumed=0 passed Event KEY_RELEASED,keyCode=0x10,keyChar=0xffff,modifiers=0x0,consumed=0 filtered The other problem is that the Search Bar is supposed to save the strings you type into it so you can re-pick a previous one, but it doesn't save any of them. :-\ I haven't touched any of the property files. It's possible, because I've use much older versions of jEdit before, that somehow things got "mucked-up" and it isn't saving them right or something.. At one point I found and deleted a key property file related to that, and let it create a new one, but it still doesn't save anything.. The Search isn't too big a deal. If anybody has any ideas on how to "fix" the S+; problem, please let me know. Smiling Thanks, Joe Siebenmann
Pb in highlighting syntax in perl mode
Submitted by manu58 on Tuesday, 11 September, 2007 - 11:17
Hello everybody

I have a pb with jedit 4.3pre10 using 4.6.0 in perl mode:

When I write:

print "I'm saying \"coucou\"\n";

the coloring system is broken. All the words: I'm saying \"coucou\"\n should we colored in pink, because this is put between external quotes, and the internal quotes are escaped. Instead of this, the word coucou is colored in BLACK, which means that jedit does not understand that tes internal quotes are escaped.

Another example:

print "The files are called \"/foo\" and /bar \n";

Here, the characters foo\" and are considered as a regular expression, because of the 2 /. It is obviously false, and the highlighting system is completely confused, because it does not see the 2nd \", so that he believes that every following code is between quotes....

Any solution ?
disappearing Find dialog
Submitted by jurrie on Monday, 10 September, 2007 - 00:32
I am no longer able to see jEdit's Find dialog. The functionality is still there (Ctrl-f, enter text, press Enter -> jEdit searches the current buffer for the specified string) but the dialong is not visible.

The problem started while I was using 4.3pre9. I installed 4.3pre10 over the existing installation but the problem remains. I'm using jEdit on Windows XP SP2.

How can I get the Find dialog to appear once again?
I'm hoping to avoid an uninstall + re-install to another directory if possible.
jedit as default editor -- unexpected behavior
Submitted by dheitzmann on Saturday, 8 September, 2007 - 19:06
I've used JEdit for years, successfully. Under Windows 2k. About a year ago, my machine suddenly started opening JEdit whenever I tried to open a PDF file (directly from Windows explorer, or from IE)... I've done the obvious thing of setting the preferred application for .pdf files to acrobat reader, and Windows says that is the current setting -- yet, JEdit still gets opened if I double-click on a PDF file. The only way to successfully open a PDF file is to use "Open With...", which works, but is annoying. To my knowledge, this isn't happening with any other file type. I've tried re-installing Acrobat Reader, to no avail. The only thing that had changed on my machine around the time this started was the routine installation of Windows automatic maintence... A search of Microsoft's support site doesn't lead me to any clues.

Does anyone know where there might be some setting in Windows that is causing this behavior? Again, I've already tried setting the "registered file types" list in Windows Explorer, and this has not solved the problem. I don't think this is necessarily a JEdit issue, directly, but it doesn't seem to happen with any other file extension or application. Help, anyone???
-don
Installer won't start
Submitted by Riker on Friday, 7 September, 2007 - 22:20
Whenever I try to start the jEdit installer, I keep getting the "Please install JDK or JRE" error. I've installed the latest version of JRE twice, and it still won't start. Any ideas?
execute script file ( *.pl) on Win XP service pack 2
Submitted by ronaldo_phong on Friday, 31 August, 2007 - 22:36
after writting a script with Jedit, i saved it with file.pl . But when i execute it , it appear message " *.pl is not valid WIN32 application". Can u you me how to execute this files. and what command can be used to execute file.pl
OS X and the Alt key
Submitted by denserMan on Friday, 31 August, 2007 - 05:49
In the Find dialog I enter my search terms and then press Alt + L to search all buffers and while the appropriate radio button becomes selected, a symbol appears at the end of my search terms, thereby making me have to delete it before performing the search.

I tried this with both 4.3pre10 and 4.2 final.

What is the problem?

TIA
New view and accented vowels
Submitted by danlugli on Wednesday, 29 August, 2007 - 13:50
Hi, I am working with jedit 4.3pre10 using java 1.5.0_12.

1) I launch jedit and open a cpp source (the command 'file' returns 'ASCII C program text').

2) I ask for a new view of the same file.

3) In the first view, I modify a comment adding a word with an accented vowel, eg 'però' (Italian keyboard).

4) The result: I get 'per' in the right place, and the accented vowel 'ò' in a random place (sometimes at the beginning of the same line, sometimes some lines down).

Ever seen that? Any solution?
jEdit clobbering file's group
Submitted by easley on Thursday, 23 August, 2007 - 08:12
On my Linux box, I changed the group and permissions of a file so certain other users can also edit it. My 'main group' is "david", so by default any files I create have this as the group. The common group between me and the other users who need to edit this file is called "users". I used chgrp to change the group of the file to "users". "ls -l" confirms the group is now "users". When I open the file in jEdit, update and save, the group gets changed back to "david". When I change the group to "users" again try editing the file with a native editor (e.g. gedit) the group is not clobbered on save.

I'm using version 4.3pre10, installed using the Java installer.

Anyone know how to work around this? Should I report it as a bug?

David
Can't run ant buildfiles that use cpptasks from ant-contrib
Submitted by ilkka on Tuesday, 21 August, 2007 - 10:22
Hi, I'm having trouble using cpptasks in my Ant buildfiles in jEdit. The builds run fine when I run Ant from the command line or using standalone Antelope. When I try to use the AntFarm or Antelope plugins however, with either the Ant plugin or the standalone Ant, I get this error message (output is from Antelope but it's the same either way):
===== BUILD STARTED =====
BUILD FAILED
C:\workspaces\ ... \build.xml:7: Problem: failed to create task or type antlib:net.sf.antcontrib.cpptasks:compiler
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any / declarations have taken place.

This appears to be an antlib declaration. 
Action: Check that the implementing library exists in one of:
        -C:\apache-ant-1.7.0\lib
        -C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\.ant\lib
        -a directory added on the command line with the -lib argument Total time: 0 seconds ===== BUILD FINISHED ===== Tue Aug 21 11:58:51 EEST 2007
The required ant-contrib and cpptasks jars are in both the systemwide ant lib directory and in .ant\lib under my home directory. The tasks are imported into the buildfile using the antlib functionality, like this:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="blah"
	default="compile"
	xmlns:cpptasks="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib.cpptasks"
	xmlns:antcontrib="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib">

<target name="compile">
		<cpptasks:cc ... >
		</cpptasks:cc>
	</target>
</project>
Any help greatly appreciated.
How to make 'Tasklist' work with plain textfiles?
Submitted by mabra on Tuesday, 14 August, 2007 - 18:06
Hi All !

I am using the tasklist plugin to make notes inside my code. I wish to use this type of annotations for [plain] textfiles also. This looks easy, just go to the plugin options and select the edit mode.

But is does not work.

Any ideas? Each tip is really very welcome!

Best regards,
mabra
docking and slow scrolling fix
Submitted by jav on Thursday, 9 August, 2007 - 20:39
I've been using jEdit since pre9 and currently moved to pre10.

In pre9 at times I had the 100% cpu utilization problem reported by others, which resulted in the main scrollbar being really slow among other things. In pre10 I haven't noticed the resource hogging problem anymore, but the scrollbar (and scrolling of code in general) often became unbearably slow.

In Global Options, Shortcuts, Close Current Docking Area the shortcut was for some reason C+e C` and whenever docking related functionality was fired up, this triggered an error that made jEdit scrolling unusable (11:17:59 PM [error] KeyEventTranslator: Invalid key stroke: C+e C`). Noticed it while browsing Troubleshooting,Activity Log. This problem manifested itself also while not having the main work area maximised. The fix? Clear the shortcut. The error is still fired up, but it doesn't cause any problems.

Maybe this was an unfortunate typo on my behalf, though I can't remember even messing with the shortcuts.

Leaving this here for anyone whom might stumble into jEdit behaving slowly.
HTML edit mode wont deligate to PHP
Submitted by physcopanda on Thursday, 9 August, 2007 - 11:12
Help! I've tried downloading other edit HTML edit modes - and none of them delegate correctly.

This is a real hassle as my html scripts often have php embeded and I can't get jedit to highlight the code correctly unless I select PHP edit mode - then I lose my HTML formatting.

I've tried editing the catalog file (this just makes jedit lose all syntax highlighting if I add anything at all to it!)

Anyone got any advice for me? I've looked everywhere for answers so this posting is my last resort.

Thanks! - PS I'm using Jedit V 4.3Pre10 on windows vista (I've tried previous versions but they seem to behave the same)
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82349