jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
XML Matching Tag Hilight not working again (pre7 and xml2.0.4)
Submitted by michaelyap on Saturday, 7 October, 2006 - 13:33
the XML plugin Matching Tag Hilight is not working again with html files. (jEdit pre 7 and xml v2.0.4)

it was working in pre6. i think this has been going on for the last several versions (of jEdit-pre and xml version). there's some kind of pattern here...
work. don't work. work. don't work. Smiling

i'm just reporting bugs. i can wait till november.

m
jEdit is unbearably slow
Submitted by GCZFFL on Tuesday, 3 October, 2006 - 19:41
Newbie to jEdit here. Love what I see so far, but can't help but notice that it runs unbearably slow compared to other text editors. I'm talking about something in the realm of a two-second pause after the down arrow is pressed before the cursor moves down a line.

Using Windows XP Professional. Yes, I tried rebooting. Smiling

Ideas? Thanks in advance!

Joe
Expanding Syntax Highlighter
Submitted by spodhajecki on Tuesday, 26 September, 2006 - 14:29
I am having some trouble expanding the syntax highlighter within jedit. I have changed xmode .dtd , token.java to reflect adding 4 new tokens. However I believe that I am missing something somewhere as the syntax highlighter pane under global options is empty when I execute the new jar. Any help would be appreciated.

Stephen Podhajecki.
jEdit freezes when trying to open a file
Submitted by rhubarb67 on Tuesday, 19 September, 2006 - 19:38
I'm using jEdit 4.2final on Windows XP Pro. I have been using it for awhile now and yesterday, 09/18/2006, I encountered this situation. I clicked on File/Open and the main window loses focus but I don't see the Open Dialog on either of my two monitors. When I bring up Task Manager all I see is the main jEdit app running. If I hit Escape the main window receives focus and I can click on all other menu items with no problem. If I open the Processes tab, all I see is the jEdit process running, nothing else related. If I try to stop jEdit I see this message:

"The system cannot end this program because it is waiting for a response from you"

It looks to me like the jEdit app thinks the Open Dialog window is loaded. I'm thinking the dialog has been opened behind the main app but I can't figure out how to make it appear.

I have no ideas on what the solution is for this problem. I've tried just about everything to resolve this all to no avail. I have even uninstalled jEdit 4.2 and reinstalled it and the same thing happens.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has encountered this and has a resolution would pass it on?

Thank you;
Rhubarb
Catalog and relative system identifier
Submitted by BobKagy on Saturday, 16 September, 2006 - 02:12
I have some XML files with DTD declarations like:
<!DOCTYPE foo SYSTEM "foo_1.dtd">

The DTD isn't in the same directory.

I thought I'd be able to add a catalog and point out the correct location of foo_1.dtd. However, jEdit still complains that it can't find the DTD in the same directory as the XML file.

My catalog:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN" "oasis-catalog.dtd">
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
<group prefer="public" xml:base="file:///C:/Documents and Settings/user/.jedit/xml_catalog">
<system systemId="foo_1.dtd" uri="BlkArch/foo_1.dtd"/>
</group>
</catalog>

According to this page:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/WriteCatalog.html
under "Relative SYSTEM identifiers may not work"
there is a general failure among Java based XML parsers that prevent them from using catalogs with relative system identifiers.

Is this page correct, or is there a way around this?
Problem opening Windows ANSI encoded file
Submitted by thebugslayer on Saturday, 16 September, 2006 - 01:55
Hi, in jedit I see this: {{{ 㰿硭氠癥牳楯渽∱⸰∠敮捯摩湧㴢畴昭ㄶ∿㸼佲摥牌楳琠却潲敁捣潵湴乡浥㴢扬慨∾㱏牤敲⁣畲牥湣礽≕卄∠楤㴢㑥摦㌵㑢㠲㐱㐳㘶慥敡㑣摤摤㕦扥攷∾㱔業放㈰〶ⴰ㤭ㄴ吱㠺㈵㨲㈮㠶㌰〰〭〵㨰〼⽔業放㱁摤牥獳䥮景⁴祰攽≢楬氢㸼乡浥㸼䙩牳琾呩湡㰯䙩牳琾㱌慳琾卩敲牡㰯䱡獴㸼䙵汬㹔楮愠卩敲牡㰯䙵汬㸼⽏牤敲䱩獴� }}} But in Windows, notepad I see this: {{{ TinaSierraTina Sierra }}} Can someone help? Can't I upload sample attachment?
Plugin Manager Error: Two copies installed. Please remove one of the two copies.
Submitted by jpbroome on Friday, 15 September, 2006 - 15:32
I'm having trouble with the XML plugin. When I try to install it - manually or via the Plugin Manager, I get the same error:
C:\Documents and Settings\jpbroome\.jedit\jars\XML.jar:
Two copies installed. Please remove one of the two copies.

But there's not 2 copies installed. I searched my hard drive - there's only the one instance of XML.jar found. It's not listed in the "Plugins" menu in jEdit, and it's not listed in "Plugin Options..." in jEdit. So I quit jEdit, deleted XML.jar, and tried installing it fresh from the Plugin Manager again, and get the same error every time, no matter what I've tried.

Is it possible some other plugin I have installed is conflicting with XML.jar, or is there some bug or situation where this error message could be displayed?

Any help is much appreciated.
jedit always starts 2 instances
Submitted by audrey on Wednesday, 13 September, 2006 - 04:26
jEdit 4.2, Fedora 4, j2sdk1.4.2_08

Just in the past couple of days, every tim i launch jEdit, i get 2 instances starting. FWIW, normally, i'll launch jEdit from the panel, but i think this began when i invoked jEdit on a file from the CLI (which i'm sure i've done many times before, in any case). I'm stumped and have no idea where to even begin looking for the cause of this (well, here, i suppose). I haven't installed anything recently, and i've been using jEit for months now with no problems.

Both instances show the same files open.

Also, the "Untitled-1" file that normally shows up when jEdit is launched doesn't disappear once some other file is opened. I guess that's because the other instance has a copy open, as well.

Any ideas?

ps: the "Forum" select widget for the topic post form is b0rked in Firefox1.5/linux. It's about one charcter wide.
I can't see anything when I start jEdit
Submitted by dohidied on Tuesday, 12 September, 2006 - 19:36
I'm trying to use jEdit on OS X and after I installed I opened it and I couldn't see any text on the splash screen. I don't know if I can post a picture, but here's a link:

http://student.santarosa.edu/~plinkous/jedit.jpg

My software is all up to date, so I should have to proper Java software.

Thanks for any help.
Problem instaling jedit on UBUNTU 6.0.6
Submitted by ziby on Sunday, 3 September, 2006 - 17:11
I have a problem to install jedit:
After running sudo apt-get upgrade I am getting the following error:

ubuntu@ahome:/$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: The package jedit needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When trying to install new application I am getting the following errors:

sudo apt-get install gkrellm
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: The package jedit needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

wget -c http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jedit/jedit_4.3pre6_all.deb
--13:24:47-- http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jedit/jedit_4.3pre6_all.deb
=> `jedit_4.3pre6_all.deb'
Resolving optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net... 211.29.132.142
Connecting to optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net|211.29.132.142|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable

The file is already fully retrieved; nothing to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sudo dpkg -i jedit_4.3pre6_all.deb
(Reading database ...

dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `jedit' missing, as suming package has no files currently installed.
76809 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace jedit 4:04.03.06.00 (using jedit_4.3pre6_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement jedit ...
dpkg: error processing jedit_4.3pre6_all.deb (--install):
unable to create `./usr/lib/menu/jedit': No such file or directory
dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute new post-removal script: No such file or directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
jedit_4.3pre6_all.deb

I tried everything what I found on the net but no success

Help would be appreciated

Ziby
JVM not finding main class
Submitted by KBKarma on Saturday, 2 September, 2006 - 15:45
I downloaded and installed jEdit 4.3pre6 onto my PC. It's a Win XP Pro with SP2. I've been running jEdit 4.3pre5 on it for several months without a problem.

I selected to install it to jEdit, having moved the 4.3pre5 files to another folder, then installed. When it was done, I started it up manually. A JVM dialog box appeared and stated that "Main class not found."

I checked the path and found that it was still correct. I made a gif animation showing what happens. Sorry for the size, didn't get a chance to scale it down.

It's here.

Thanks for the assistance.
Regular Expressions in 4.3pre6
Submitted by zodiac_hh on Monday, 28 August, 2006 - 07:46
Hi,

the regular expressions search and replace doesn't work here in version 4.3pre6 (fresh install). It doesn't match the specified regexp and it produces 100% cpu loads. For eample I often have to add ; to EOLs for SQL generation. So I use $ as the search term and ; as replacement string. It doesn't match anywhere, although there are 20 lines of ASCII, and it takes a minute or so to complete, using all of the CPU. Other regexp I tried also don't match. I had to switch back to 4.3pre4; here everything works fine. Is this related to the replacement of the regexp engine?

André
TaskList plugin:How make it work with text-files?
Submitted by mabra on Saturday, 26 August, 2006 - 18:21
Hi All!

I just wished to use the TaskList with some simple "Notes" files, with "*.txt" extension, but I cannot get it working. My Task's settings normally work with all my other file-types. I recognized, that text-files were not checked in the MODEs settings and I checked it. I also tried to re-start JEdit.

Nothing seems to help. Are there known issues or do I have possibly overseen somethink?

Any help is very welcomed!

Best regards,
Manfred
Jedit with Lilypond on Suse 10.1
Submitted by marino on Wednesday, 23 August, 2006 - 17:18
Hello everyone,
me installed jEdit4.3pre6 version and lilypond-2.8.6-1 version.
many things not works.
me can launch and use Lilipond to compile file, but internal midi player, DVI and lots of features not working.
solved something installing back version of Console.
there's a mix of plugin and program versions all working together?
all seems wonderful but not working, pity!!

thank you in advance.
Console plugin not working with Windows 2000 Find command
Submitted by fenwar on Wednesday, 16 August, 2006 - 15:37
I like to pipe output of commands to Find.exe in windows, e.g. (an actual example)

svn log -v -q | find "json.js"

(When I don't know where a file that has been removed from project is in my svn repository...)

anyway this works absolutely fine in Windows 2000 command prompt, but in jEdit Console with the same input I get the following error message:

FIND: Parameter format not correct
svn: Write error: Invalid argument

I can run the first part of the command e.g. "svn log -v -q" fine.

If I try piping the output at all it seems to be ignored (e.g. "svn log -v -q | more" does not work)

However using the '>' operator to append output to a file works e.g. "svn log -v -q > temp.txt"

But still find does not work - e.g. in windows 2000 I could now type

find "json.js" temp.txt and get the desired result, but jEdit Console still returns

FIND: Parameter format not correct

I am using jEdit 4.3pre6 using Java 1.5.0_06 and Console 4.2.6.4

Has anyone else encountered/found a workaround for this issue (other than not using jEdit console)? Are there other combinations of Java/jEdit/Console versions without this problem?

Thanks in advance

Paul F
Code Aide
Submitted by bencom on Tuesday, 15 August, 2006 - 02:20
On my system Debian Sarge Sun Java 1.5.0_08 code aide breaks the navigation keys up and down.
beta jedit blocks package manager on ubuntu dapper
Submitted by jopy88 on Saturday, 12 August, 2006 - 12:18
I was interested in jedit sinds I was learning C++.
Now I have tryed to install it, it gave a lot of errors;

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?3145fdea58.jpg
(this is in Dutch, maybe you could use it anyway)

Now I can't uninstall it, and I can't install it. I also can't install other packages or uninstall those, because my package manager (synaptic) is blocked by the package of jedit.

Please give me a solution, or I have to reinstall my whole OS :'(

Jopy
ProjectViewer doesn't maintain file list
Submitted by djames on Monday, 7 August, 2006 - 20:42
After importing files into a project, there is not an obvious way to "save" the project - save appears to save any open files only. When I close and re-open jEdit, the imported files do not appear, and have to be re-imported each time. What am I missing?

Sorry for the repost - I think my initial post was in the wrong forum.
Xinsert plugin not working in jEdit 4.3pre6
Submitted by michaelyap on Monday, 7 August, 2006 - 12:43
am i the only one with this or is it not working at all in 4.3pre6.
the plugin manager didnt report errors, but its just not showing either in the dock or floating. and since there's no annoucement on it and nobody mention anything, can i be the first one to say its broken ?!!

michael
Cannot disable Jedit startup on log in to Windows 2000
Submitted by phfeenikz on Monday, 7 August, 2006 - 05:20
Ive looked in the Global settings, the documentation, Google, Yahoo, msconfig, win.ini, system.ini, boot.ini, any services that start up on login, and I'm stumped. I even disabled the lone option to open recent files on startup, so I'm absolutely mystified as to why Jedit always opens up whenever I logon. Can anyone tell me how it's done(out of curiosity), and how I can disable it?
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281