jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
beanshell replace vars, _1, _2, etc... are always 'void'
Submitted by Scottw512 on Friday, 7 January, 2005 - 16:18
Hi,

I was trying to do some simple text rearranging but the beanshell replace vars that should have been set from the regex replacement values always return 'void'. I tried a simple test that goes like this...

convert this...
v1 sdfsdf v2 zzzzzzz

to this...
v1 zzzzzzz v2 sdfsdf

The search string is v1.*v2.*
The replace string is "v1 " + _2 + " v2 " + _1

Instead of the result I expect, what I get is
v1 void v2 void

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Scott

My version is 4.2 final.
How do I submit a Edit Mode to the jEdit homepage?
Submitted by uhuebner on Friday, 7 January, 2005 - 11:17
Hi there,

I made several changes (added a lot of keywords) in the PL/SQL Edit Mode. I would like to submit this changed PLSQL.XML file to the Download Section.

How do I do this?
Do I violate copyright when I enhance an existing Mode file?

Thanks
uhuebner
Increasing heap size
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 6 January, 2005 - 22:38
I'm trying to edit an .il file that is around 30m. I keep getting a message telling me to increase heap size, but it doesn't tell me how. I've searched the user guides, but the only thing it mentions is a windows utility that doesn't exist.

Can anyone help?
jEdit stopped working?
Submitted by webengr on Thursday, 6 January, 2005 - 20:12
It is definitely something that I did, but I cannot determine what. I had jEdit 4.2 final working with jdk1.5.0 on a Windows 2000SP4 machine (IBM T30). I updated to jdk1.5.0_01 and jEdit was still working (meaning that it launched and everything worked fine, plugins included).

I did some work on my cygwin environment (installs, updates, etc) and then when I tried to launch jEdit, nothing happened.

Now when I say "nothing happened," I mean just that. Instead of using "javaw.exe", I tried launching from the command line, like:

C:\jedit42>java -version
java version "1.4.2_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_06-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_06-b03, mixed mode)

C:\jedit42>java -verbose -jar jedit.jar

[whole lotta output omitted]

[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.io.VFSManager]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.io.VFS]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.io.FileVFS]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.io.UrlVFS]
[Loaded gnu.regexp.REException]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.io.VFS$DirectoryEntry]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.io.FileVFS$LocalDirectoryEntry]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.io.VFS$1]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditBus]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.util.Log]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.util.Log$1]
[Loaded javax.swing.ListModel from C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\lib\rt.jar]
[Loaded org.gjt.sp.util.Log$LogListModel]

[more output omitted]

and I saw everything load, no error messages, and then nothing more.

I have completely uninstalled/re-installed jEdit and my java environment, and now I am at java 1.4.2_06, but the same problem exists. And all throughout this, I can launch any other jar file, such as batik.jar or the jedit java installer. So it looks like this is something specific to jedit.jar (and I have a couple of different versions, all of which have the same behavior).

This isn't a bug, because it was working just fine before something in the environment changed. I'm stumped. Any clues or hints about this?
jEdit4.2final: "Restore previously open files on startup" doesn't work
Submitted by uln on Wednesday, 5 January, 2005 - 18:12
Because I have had version problems when installing XML plugin, I updated jEdit from 4.2pre9 to 4.2final.
I decided to update also Java VM form 1.4.2_03 to 1.4.2_06. Now "Restore previously open files on startup" doesn't work, although selected. A Bug? OR have I change another option, too?
jEdit4.2final: "Restore previously open files on startup" doesn't work
Submitted by uln on Wednesday, 5 January, 2005 - 18:11
Because I have had version problems when installing XML plugin, I updated jEdit from 4.2pre9 to 4.2final.
I decided to update also Java VM form 1.4.2_03 to 1.4.2_06. Now "Restore previously open files on startup" doesn't work, although selected. A Bug? OR have I change another option, too?
jedit gets stuck and stuck again
Submitted by csy on Saturday, 18 December, 2004 - 21:51
hello, jedit gets stuck for about 3 seconds every few minutes wich is very tedious Smiling activity log tells me: [error] ConnectionManager: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset [error] ConnectionManager: at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpResponse.setMessage(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpResponse.(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpClient.setResponse(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpClient.sendCommand(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at com.fooware.net.FtpClient.logout(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at ftp.FtpConnection.logout(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at ftp.ConnectionManager.closeConnection(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at ftp.ConnectionManager$1.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) [error] ConnectionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) anyone know whats wrong here? thank you in advance
Spell Check plugin not work
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 18 December, 2004 - 18:31
Hello, (my English is bad, it's not my native)

When i install Aspell and dictionary (Czech) and run plugin in jEdit, this ends with error:
Error: (Aspell) is: Cannot access aspell process: Přesměrování se uzavírá. (this is my native language, in english: "Redirection is closing".)

jEdit runs on WinXP Pro, version 4.2 final.

Please, help me. Thank you. Tom.
Problem with soft wrap
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 18 December, 2004 - 05:13
Using soft wrap, the text is wrapping every line at a character count significantly below the wrap margin value (not because of word breaks). The text is wrapping where the wrap guide is shown, and when I hover the mouse over the wrap guide the wrap margin value is correctly displayed, but when I count the characters up to the wrap guide the number is much less than the wrap margin value (e.g., soft wrap occurs after character 45, even though wrap margin is set at 75). Problem appears to be independent of font selection.
open file dialog box problem
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 13 December, 2004 - 02:48
hi, whenever i try to open a file, the dialog box or whatever you call it is messed up. the directory tree section is so compressed that nothing is shown, as is the other box and the filename box. they're all so squished that i can't see anything to open up. is there a way to fix this? thanks.
xml plugin bug ? (first element namespace)
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 12 December, 2004 - 13:04
When a DTD (or a schema) defines a namesapce in the tag that declares it, XML Insert doesn't show the element tree. (it seems that it happens only for the root tag)

Similar problems have been reported here: http://community.jedit.org/?q=node/view/1262
and have been associated to Xerces but I am not sure this is true.

I haven't seen any solution to that.

Any ideas/help ?

Manolis
Can't run DIR etc in Console Plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 7 December, 2004 - 06:24
I've seen a couple of other posts with the same problem (i.e., running DIR or LS etc. in the Console Plugin doesn't do anything) but none of them end up with a solution. When I run commands other than CD from the Console Plugin, nothing happens (except that an icon spins) and the following errors are printed on my Windows Command Prompt:
> java -jar jedit.jar
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated wh
en linking gnu/regexp/RESyntax class
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.StreamThread.(StreamThread.java:19
3)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.ConsoleProcess.(ConsoleProcess.java:
65)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.SystemShell.execute(SystemShell.java:198)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.Console.run(Console.java:412)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.Console.access$1300(Console.java:44)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.Console$RunActionHandler.actionPerformed(C
onsole.java:758)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.ConsolePane.fireActionEvent(ConsolePane.ja
va:134)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at console.ConsolePane$EnterAction.actionPerformed(Co
nsolePane.java:347)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.notifyAction(Unknown So
urce)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBinding(Unknown S
ource)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyBindings(Unknown
Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Sou
rce)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Sourc
e)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Sourc
e)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unkn
own Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEv
ent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKe
yEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAsse
rtions(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent
(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Sourc
e)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Sourc
e)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar
chy(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch
y(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown So
urce)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown So
urce)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Changing directories with CD works however. Look at the forums I see that other users have had or are having the same problem, so it would be nice to get a solution posted here for future reference. Any ideas?
JEdit working very slow
Submitted by sivanr on Monday, 6 December, 2004 - 14:50
Hello,
I'm using jEdit for several months now, and I'm very pleased with it.
One problem is bugging me from the start: altough I have several strong linux machines, I always get very slow responses from jEdit. It just works slow in all the editing issues one normally perform.

My configuration is:
I work on a desktop PC running win2k, I connect to a remote (but on-site, on my LAN) linux machine using "Exceed" software, and open a KDE desktop. Within this desktop I run jEdit.

Can someone help me with it, or point me to the appropreiate thread in this forum? I looked and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks in advance,
Sivan.
problem with plugins.jedit.org
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 6 December, 2004 - 12:06
I can't connect to plugins.jedit.org to install new plugins.
Maybe it's only with my PC, but I have the problem with linux and with windows.
And I have installed jEdit 4.2 several times.
problem with plugins.jedit.org
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 6 December, 2004 - 11:12
I can't connect to plugins.jedit.org to install new plugins.
Maybe it's only with my PC, but I have the problem with linux and with windows.
And I have installed jEdit 4.2 several times.
Lilypond plugin
Submitted by john smit on Saturday, 4 December, 2004 - 00:29
Hope someone can help me with the following problem.
I installed the lilypond plugin.
Plugins > LilyTool.
When I say > Run Lilypond: I get the message:
Error running external command.
Please ensure that bash path is set up correctly in Plugins>PluginOptions>LilyTool.

question: where is my path?
jEdit is in: C:/Program Files/jEdit.
LilyPond 2.2.5. is in: C:/cygwin/usr/src/lilypond-2.2.5

I am puzzled.
thanks

John
How to get jEdit v4.2 open files in same instance?
Submitted by a992400 on Friday, 3 December, 2004 - 03:58
In jEdit v4.1, every time I opened a subsequent file using right-click on the file, it would open in the existing instance of jEdit. jEdit v4.2 starts a new instance for each one, forcing me to Alt+Tab back and forth. How do I get jEdit v4.2 to open multiple files in the same instance?
error during using "Macro Manager" plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 1 December, 2004 - 13:35
Hi, (sorry for my English, i am Czech)

When i use Macro Manager, during downloading macros list, this plugin ends with error.
Screenshot is on www.volny.cz/tomikb/chyba.jpg

Please, help me. Thank you, very match. Tom.
backslash in macro with gnu.regexp not possible
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 28 November, 2004 - 17:36
Trying to write a macro for removing empty lines I found that the beanshell interpreter breaks on the regular expression definition
String blankLine = new String("^\s$");
This is very annoying because working with regular expressions without backslash is simply impossible.
Error reads:
Sourced file: /home/kister/.jedit/macros/Shrink_Blank_Lines.bsh Token Parsing Error: Lexical error at line 18, column 41. Encountered: "\\" (92), after : "\'^":
Versions are: jedit 4.2 final on Linux and Blackdown JDK 1.4.1
Any help would be highly recommended.
Ulf Kister
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83283