jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
what happened to shtml capablities?
Submitted by cagirl on Tuesday, 16 February, 2010 - 09:25
I recently upgraded to jEdit 4.3.1, and now my favorite capabilities, tag completion and tag matching, are unavailable to shtml files. They're still there for html, but not shtml. I've tried changing the catalog, global options, etc. Can anyone tell me how to get these back?????

Desperate in CA
Comment viewing options
Select your preferred way to display the comments and click 'Save settings' to activate your changes.
?
by Robert Schwenn on Tue, 16/02/2010 - 20:48
Code completion heavily depends on the current edit mode and on plugins like SideKick and XML. Goto "Plugins -> Plugin Options" and take a look at all options of both the SideKick and XML plugins. Especially at the SideKick->Parsers tab You could try to set the "html" parser for "shtml" mode.

If this doesnt help, please answer some questions:
- From which jEdit version have You upgraded?
- Which edit mode have You had for shtml files and which have You now?
- Have You installed the same plugins now?

Try to switch manual to html mode via "Utilities -> Buffer Options" and check if it works better.

Robert

code completion
by cagirl on Mon, 11/10/2010 - 15:34
I apologize for the delay in replying, Robert. The notification of your response must have gotten stuck in my Junk folder.

In answer to your questions
1. The SideKick->Parsers tab is set to html when I'm editing a .shtml file, is that what you meant? Ditto with the XML plug-in.
2. I don't remember what the previous jEdit version was, but have reinstalled the old version with the same problems. I checked an older laptop, using the old version, for the plug-ins it has installed, and installed those in my new XP laptop, without success.
3. I can change the mode to HTML via the "Utilities -> Buffer Options," but I have to do that for every .html file every time I open it. I can't seem to permanently convince jEdit that I always want it to use the HTML protocol for .shtml files.

Any other ideas? I promise to respond promptly!

Thanks.

next step
by Robert Schwenn on Mon, 11/10/2010 - 17:47
I'm not sure about point 1:
The SideKick->Parsers tab is a table that lists the default parser for every *edit mode*. You cannot set a parser for a file extension or plugin. So, please ensure that the html parser is set for html and shtml mode.

When You manually changed the edit mode to HTML, did You get Your desired capabilities?
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82348