jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Docking strip
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 23 April, 2005 - 07:33
I use docking for several plug-ins and have set some keyboard shortcuts to open proper plug-in windows (just like clicking on the plug-in's name in the docking strip). Now I wouldn't like to see the docking strip anymore (don't need it when I use keyboard shortcuts to access the plug-in windows). How can I hide it?
Spacing between lines
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 22 April, 2005 - 10:24
Is there any way to increase the spacing between lines in jedit? I think jedit is great, but find that the close-packing of the text gives me a bit of a headache when writing long documents ... For instance kwrite uses a slightly wider line spacing, which I think makes reading more comfortable. I think there is research to back up this idea that a reasonably wide line spacing makes reading easier.

Cheers,

Pete
-reuseview question
Submitted by gthorburn on Thursday, 21 April, 2005 - 19:59
Using Win 2K professional, jEdit 4.2. I've added -reuseview to the file association.
When a jEdit session is already running, dbl-clicking a file adds it to the view,
as would be expected. But if no jEdit session is running, dbl-clicking a file will
not start up a session if -reuseview is set.

- is this as expected?
- if so, is there a way I can start jEdit and open first file on the first dbl-
click, and open new files in same view with subsequent file dbl-clicks?

-- Gary
directory search-replace opens all files. how not to?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 21 April, 2005 - 00:14
Hello!

Search-replace in all files in directory opens all modifyed files. Is it possible to override this behavior? Recently i've got a full screen of buffer tabs, trying to search-replace in some hundreds of files Smiling
HTML / PHP multihighliter
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 20 April, 2005 - 07:32
Is there any way how to have different highliting for HTML and php when working with php in html?
Thanx
N00b question...how do i install the icons and images i downloaded form this site?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 19 April, 2005 - 03:13
...to Jedit?

THX.
Latex parser doesn't work in release 4.3pre2
Submitted by doublebacks on Tuesday, 19 April, 2005 - 02:40
The Latex plugin can parse latex file structure with sidekick in release 4.2,
but it doesn't work in release 4.3pre2.
php parser doest't parse (sometimes)
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 13 April, 2005 - 20:01
Hi there,
some of my php files don't get parsed by sidekick/phpparser.
Are there any rules I have to follow when writing php code to get it parsed?

Thanx,
Jiri
jEdit in linux distro
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 13 April, 2005 - 17:12
My friends are making a live Linux distro for our faculty, and they need a good universal programming editor that is not too heavy for live distro. So I recommended jEdit with several plugins as a good choice. My friends are now fascinated with jEdit and it will be a default editor of new distro and a lot of students will use the best editor ever made.
turning off auto indent (or some features)
Submitted by eric_mahurin on Wednesday, 13 April, 2005 - 13:50
How do I turn off auto-indent? Or better yet just stop it reindenting a line after the fact (except when there is nothing on the line to begin with).

Specifically, I'm coding in ruby right now which only occasionally uses {}, but almost invariably does something I don't want as soon as I type "{". I don't ever want it to reindent a line when I type "{". I do want it to indent on lines a "{". I do want it to unindent on an empty line when I type "}".

If I can't get good behavior, I would rather just turn off auto-indent.

I just downloaded 4.3pre2 and am still having indent problems (as I always have, but it is more pronouced in Ruby code).
problems with JavaDoc plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 13 April, 2005 - 08:34
Doesn't seem to be working at all. Just outputs a command line to the JDoc window in the plugin but doesn't seem to act on the command line. No error messages outputted.

Also the commandline has a trailing @ in front of the filenames to be javadoc'd.

Any ideas?
Copying a line
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 12 April, 2005 - 21:59
Hi there!
Is there any way how to make jEdit to copy a whole line on Ctrl+C when no text is selected?
Thanx!
Made with jEdit
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 8 April, 2005 - 19:30
http://bellsouthpwp.net/h/e/hellman/portfolio/portfolio.html
Can't compile using JCompiler
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 8 April, 2005 - 19:21
JCompiler seems to load fine. I had to reinstall it once but it seems to work load fine now. But I get the following when actually trying to execute it OR when just trying to get to the JCompiler options dialog. Clues anyone? java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.StringTokenizer.(Unknown Source) at java.util.StringTokenizer.(Unknown Source) at javacore.AbstractClasspathSource.loadClassNames(AbstractClasspathSource.java:476) at javacore.AbstractClasspathSource.init(AbstractClasspathSource.java:455) at javacore.DefaultClasspathSource.(DefaultClasspathSource.java:53) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Reflect.java:668) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(BSHAllocationExpression.java:123) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:114) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:446) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:410) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager$Descriptor.getInstance(ServiceManager.java:321) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager.getService(ServiceManager.java:264) at javacore.JavaCorePlugin.getClasspathSource(JavaCorePlugin.java:71) at javacore.JavaCorePlugin.getClasspathSource(JavaCorePlugin.java:57) at jcompiler.options.JCompilerOptionPaneCompiler._init(JCompilerOptionPaneCompiler.java:414) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.AbstractOptionPane.init(AbstractOptionPane.java:108) at jcompiler.options.JCompilerOptionDialog.(JCompilerOptionDialog.java:107) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Reflect.java:668) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(BSHAllocationExpression.java:123) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:114) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130) at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80) at bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:349) at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:246) at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:171) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:523) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:76) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:229) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:2910) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:216) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(UnknownSource) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
jEdit lite?
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 8 April, 2005 - 00:24
I've been using jEdit for a few years now, and I still consider it the most versatile editor I've ever used. Unfortunately, while I don't have any problem with it's somewhat massive footprint on my desktop, I've recently run into issues using it as an editor in remote sessions. Even without any additional plugins it takes around ten seconds to load jEdit on an SSH session with X11 tunnelling on a 100Mbit network. While this is perfectly OK if I've got a lot of editing to do, it makes it very painful to use as a general purpose text editor for smaller jobs. At the moment, I use nedit, which loads faster, but doesn't have nice features like multiple line editing with rectangular selection, or jEdits far superior find/replace.

Is there any way I can significantly lighten jEdit so that I can use it as a replacement to nedit? Or if that's too much like trying to fit a war elephant in a dog kenel, then can anybody recommend a good companion editor to jEdit? A lighter editor built with jEdit Syntax Package for instance?
Assign a hotkey to Jdiff -- > Refresh ???
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 7 April, 2005 - 17:58
Is it possible ?
More than ever I need to assign a hotkey (like Alt-r or Crtl-R or 2 close keys)
so can just press it to refresh the view of Jdiff just after I finish editing
a line. This a thing I do 100 % of the time. If it could be set to automatically
refresh wow !
Anyway, I'll be very happy with CTRL-something or Alt-Something

Thanks
Anti-alias fonts in Linux?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 7 April, 2005 - 15:30
Hi all -

I'm a jedit newbie, and I've looked through the FAQ, as well as the wiki but couldn't find a simple answer to this question: "How can I use Anti-Alias fonts in jedit on Linux?"

It strikes me that jedit is a wonderful tool, but I can't see past the pervasively horrible font rendering. Program menus, dialog boxes, and of course the main edit window - the horrible java font rendering looks very much out of place on my KDE 3.4 desktop. In Utilities->Global Options->Text Area I have selected "Smooth Text" as well as "Fractional font metrics", which is a tremendous improvement, but the fonts still don't seem as good as in any KDE app. If I run 'kate' next to 'jedit' both using 'Monospaced', the rendering in 'kate' is much better.

I am using jedit4.2final on gentoo-64, with blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.01 as the java back-end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Syntax highlighting with different font faces?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 31 March, 2005 - 06:32
One feature in Notepad++ I really liked that I can't figure out how to duplicate in JEdit was the ability to set the font of certain syntatically-highlighted elements to a different font face than the default for the document.

For instance: variable-width font for literals, monospaced for operators and functions, maybe a serif font for comments and so on.
JEdit 4.3p2 new Indent Engine
Submitted by Langman on Wednesday, 30 March, 2005 - 21:06
With the new indent engine can JEdit support the coding style where the '{}' line up with the body rather then the if/do/for/while ??

i.e.
if( x==1 )
{
// Body
}
JEdit 4.3p2 new Indent Engine
Submitted by Langman on Wednesday, 30 March, 2005 - 21:06
With the new indent engine can JEdit support the coding style where the '{}' line up with the body rather then the if/do/for/while ??

i.e.
if( x=1 )
{
// Body
}
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82349