jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Unable to start JPyDebug plugin - Windows
Submitted by lmtra on Wednesday, 28 June, 2006 - 22:02
Please forgive the runon text - this is my first post and I've struggled trying to get spacing as per my original Sad I’m running JEdit4.2Final on a Windows XP system. After upgrading to jdk-1_5_0_07 and changing the PATH accordingly to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07\bin, Java compiles and runs buffers correctly, the JythonInterpreter (v 0.9.6) plugin works, BUT, when try to execute the JPYDEBUG plugin (v 0.16), I get: “A BeanShell error occurred:” (why BeanShell?) with the text: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.JEditTextArea.getBuffer()Lorg/gjt/sp/jedit/buffer/JEditBuffer; at org.jymc.jpydebug.jedit.PythonJeditPanel.install(PythonJeditPanel.java:362) at org.jymc.jpydebug.jedit.PythonJeditPanel.activate(PythonJeditPanel.java:204) at org.jymc.jpydebug.jedit.PythonJeditPanel.(PythonJeditPanel.java:186) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494) at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Reflect.java:668) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(BSHAllocationExpression.java:123) [...] The corresponding excerpt from the Activity Log is: […] [debug] EditPlugin$JAR: Opening C:\Documents and Settings\Leon.Traister\.jedit\jars\JPyDebug.jar [debug] JPYJeditPlugin: 'start' of Python Debug Plugin [debug] EditBus: PluginUpdate[what=ACTIVATED,exit=false,source=C:\Documents and Settings\Leon.Traister\.jedit\jars\JPyDebug.jar,class=org.jymc.jpydebug.jedit.JPYJeditPlugin] [debug] JPYJeditPlugin: Entering python debug menu [debug] DockableWindowManager: Loading dockables from jeditresource:/JPyDebug.jar!/dockables.xml [debug] PythonJeditPanel: Initing PythonJeditPanel [debug] PythonJeditPanel: Adding to JEditBus [debug] EditPlugin$JAR: Opening C:\Documents and Settings\Leon.Traister\.jedit\jars\jython.jar [debug] PythonJeditPanel: Installing pane [error] BeanShell: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.JEditTextArea.getBuffer()Lorg/gjt/sp/jedit/buffer/JEditBuffer; [error] BeanShell: at org.jymc.jpydebug.jedit.PythonJeditPanel.install(PythonJeditPanel.java:362) [error] BeanShell: at org.jymc.jpydebug.jedit.PythonJeditPanel.activate(PythonJeditPanel.java:204) [error] BeanShell: at org.jymc.jpydebug.jedit.PythonJeditPanel.(PythonJeditPanel.java:186) [error] BeanShell: at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) [..] Help appreciated! Leon T.
trouble displaying filenames longer than 8.3
Submitted by vincewebb on Thursday, 22 June, 2006 - 20:05
Hello
I have been happy using JEdit version 4.2 final under windows for some time and been very happy with it.

I recently upgraded the JDK to 1.5.0_07-b03 and now I have a problem. The problem seems to coincide with the new version of JDK but I can't be 100% sure. It still edits files OK and if I open the file via "File - Open - select file" then all is well.

If I open a file via a right click and the "Open with JEdit" option, then
if the filename is longer than the old MSDOS 8.3 format it edits the file OK but displays the filename using Microsoft's dodgy 8.3 with a tilda format.

e.g. I open the file:
common_rep_lib_body.sql
JEdit tells me I am editing a file named:
COMMON~4.SQL

This smells a bit like Windows is passing a dodgy filename to JEdit however it worked OK before and it still works OK when I open the same file using a right click and "Open with" a different application like Notepad.

Any ideas ?
Freezes during file open
Submitted by srarden on Friday, 16 June, 2006 - 05:29
I love jEdit - have tried it on Windows, Linux, and Mac (Windows / Mac at work, Windows / Linux at home). On my windows machine, jEdit now freezes when I go to 'File|Open' or use 'CTRL+o'. Doing a right click on a file and opening from the menu works though. Two questions - anyone run into this and found a fix? And if not, what is the most useful information I can provide (and how) so I'm not just saying 'hey, it doesn't work when I do this' but providing something useful?

Thanks!
Structure scope missing
Submitted by gp on Saturday, 10 June, 2006 - 19:55
After upgrading to 4.3pre4 I am missing the Structure scope indicator in the gutter. The corresponding setting is activated. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? I'm running jEdit on Windows XP and Java 1.5.0_06.
Max number of files to edit
Submitted by yanal on Tuesday, 6 June, 2006 - 19:02
Guys,

While I was substituting strings in all my Java files of my project, which is spread over many packages, I noticed after the substitution some files were completely gone. And empty files with names like: #myfilename.java# were created instead. Anyone has a clue about what could be happened?

Thanks
Console not parsing compile errors from AntFarm
Submitted by brackeen on Saturday, 3 June, 2006 - 22:32
I'm compiling Java source files from Ant build scripts using AntFarm. Console doesn't seem to parse javac's output - compile errors are shown in the console but not in the ErrorList.

Using javac directly in the Console works: compile errors correctly appear in the ErrorList.

A bug in one of the plugins? Or something else?

Java 1.6.0-beta2-b86
jEdit 4.3pre4
AntFarm 1.5.3
Console 4.2.6.2
Mac OS Plugin Fails on Intel Mac
Submitted by eeverman on Thursday, 1 June, 2006 - 22:21
I have:
JEdit 4.2 final
Mac OS Plugin 3.0
JKD 1.5 (current)
OS X 10.4 (current)
Intel MacBook Pro

I ran updates on my plugins and the Mac OS plugin stopped working:

=============== Plugin Error ====================
MacOS.jar:
Cannot start java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.apple.eawt.Application.addApplicationListener(Lcom/apple/eawt/ApplicationListener;)V
Try updating to a newer version of the plugin
===========================================

I don't see a newer version of this plugin listed anywhere and it *was* working before. I don't remember if this was one of the plugins updated when I ran the update.

Can anyone confirm this plugin working on a similar intel Mac setup? Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,

--ee
wildcard to find text in *.h and *.cpp
Submitted by ellers on Thursday, 1 June, 2006 - 21:24
Hello,

I want to find/replace in *.h and *.cpp files.

In the Find dialog's wildcard section I tried a bunch of variations, like

*.h,*.cpp
*.(h|cpp)

no luck - all result in "no files found" (and there are plenty of both).

I'm probably one character away from getting the regex right.

Any tips?
Thanks!
jEdit changes owner/group when saving (on a windows machine editing a textfile on a linux (centos) machine with samba)
Submitted by Broolio on Thursday, 1 June, 2006 - 21:08
I open a file that resides on a linux machine with jEdit on a windows machine through samba. When i save the file, all goes well, ACCEPT that the group/owner is changed to root.

i tried switching the 'two step save' off, i tried creating a fixes mapping (Z:) to the shared folder. I tried installing version 4.1. Whatever i do, when i save a file, it changes the group/owner.

i am about to give it up.. is it a samba setting? I reccon i have root access through samba or somethin.. any1 1 idea?
Using jedit with multiple clients
Submitted by Alain on Monday, 29 May, 2006 - 15:44
Hi,
I am using Jedit with Mandrake 9.0, installed on a specific PC. We use VNC to connect to the Linux account from other Pc's (Windows PC's). Suppose we are 2 clients connecting to the same linux account (same login), but working on different KDE desktops (possible with VNC). Then, the first client runs Jedit --> it works fine. But the second client cannot open the Jedit window on its own PC. Instead, the window is opened on the first client terminal...
Is there some parameter to set or configuration that could help ??
Thanks
Content of text area invisible with jEdit4.3pre4 and Java 1.5.0_03
Submitted by kellner on Sunday, 28 May, 2006 - 08:27
After serious problems with 4.3pre2 (keyboard froze all the time), I upgraded my openSuSE 10.1 notebook to pre4. The keyboard doesn't seem to freeze anymore, but now the text area content has become invisible. I tried to change all sorts of Global options, but to no avail.

This repeatedly occurs in the activity log:

[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.FoldHandler.getFoldLevel(Lorg/gjt/sp/jedit/buffer/JEditBuffer;ILjavax/swing/text/Segment;)I
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.JEditBuffer.getFoldLevel(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.JEditBuffer.isFoldStart(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.Gutter.paintLine(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.Gutter.paintComponent(Unknown Source)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1003)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at javax.swing.JComponent.paintWithOffscreenBuffer(JComponent.java:4930)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at javax.swing.JComponent.paintDoubleBuffered(JComponent.java:4883)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4826)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4633)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:451)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(SystemEventQueueUtilities.java:114)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Any advice?

(And: would it be possible to increase the width of the forum dropdown list on the submission page? On Linux Firefox 1.5.0.1, I can see only the introducing dash and the first two letters of a forum's name, which makes forum selection pure guesswork.)

Thanks in advance,
File System Browser doesn't show files
Submitted by cyrus on Wednesday, 24 May, 2006 - 13:55
Help Sad the File System Browser doesn't show any files anymore. I'm using jEdit 4.2 on Mac OSX since more than one year and the File System Browser was working, but now it seems to be broken...
When I use File >> Open menu then all files in File System Browser are shown. Unfortunately you can't dock this File Browser, just the File Browser from the Utilities menu.

Any ideas?
Marc
Gruntspud CVS checkout fails
Submitted by michael1001 on Tuesday, 23 May, 2006 - 17:39
Hello,

I'm using jEdit and Gruntspud (Windows XP) for about on year and have installed in (a few month ago)
on several computers.

Today I installed jEdit 4.2final and Gruntspud 0.4.6-beta via the plugin manager.

I tried to checkout a CVS module with the profile :ssh2:user1@machineName:/usr/cvs.
The checkout failed with the error message:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: console.Console.setShell(Lconsole/Shell;)V
at gruntspud.jedit.GruntspudPlugin.getConsole(Unknown Source)

After uninstalling all jEdit components (also settings in directory .jedit) and
reinstallation the error still occurs.

A tip to identify the problem ( or even solve Smiling ) would be very welcome.

Regards
Michael
Problem with LilyTool Installation
Submitted by Eng1958 on Tuesday, 23 May, 2006 - 12:40
Hello,

jedit version: 4.2final

after installation of LilyPondTool Version 02.9 I get the following error message (see messages below) as a BeanShellError and
the PluginError when I start jedit:

"c:\My\Program Files\jedit\jars\LilyPondTools.jar:
Cannot start: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: lilytool/LilyToolPlugin (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)#
Try updating a newer version og the plugin"

But I don't know a newer version of LilyPondTool

Any idea ??
Thanks
D.E.

a

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: lilytool/parser/LilySideKickParser (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader._loadClass(JARClassLoader.java:325)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader.loadClass(JARClassLoader.java:76)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at bsh.BshClassManager.plainClassForName(BshClassManager.java:224)

at bsh.BshClassManager.classForName(BshClassManager.java:170)

at bsh.NameSpace.classForName(NameSpace.java:1265)

at bsh.NameSpace.getClassImpl(NameSpace.java:1165)

at bsh.NameSpace.getClass(NameSpace.java:1106)

at bsh.Name.consumeNextObjectField(Name.java:301)

at bsh.Name.toObject(Name.java:202)

at bsh.BSHAmbiguousName.toObject(BSHAmbiguousName.java:59)

at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:86)

at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62)

at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102)

at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47)

at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641)

at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731)

at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:446)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:410)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager$Descriptor.getInstance(ServiceManager.java:321)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.ServiceManager.getService(ServiceManager.java:264)

at sidekick.SideKickPlugin.getParser(SideKickPlugin.java:142)

at sidekick.SideKickPlugin.getParserForBuffer(SideKickPlugin.java:167)

at sidekick.SideKick.setParser(SideKick.java:131)

at sidekick.SideKick.handleBufferUpdate(SideKick.java:298)

at sidekick.SideKick.handleMessage(SideKick.java:142)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditBus.send(EditBus.java:148)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer.propertiesChanged(Buffer.java:1530)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer.setMode(Buffer.java:2025)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer.setMode(Buffer.java:2058)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer.finishLoading(Buffer.java:3920)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer.access$800(Buffer.java:71)

at org.gjt.sp.jedit.Buffer$1.run(Buffer.java:280)

at org.gjt.sp.util.WorkThreadPool.doAWTRequest(WorkThreadPool.java:392)

at org.gjt.sp.util.WorkThreadPool.doAWTRequests(WorkThreadPool.java:380)

at org.gjt.sp.util.WorkThreadPool.access$200(WorkThreadPool.java:37)

at org.gjt.sp.util.WorkThreadPool$RunRequestsInAWTThread.run(WorkThreadPool.java:477)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Bean error when opening Outline Plugin
Submitted by jf_allie on Sunday, 21 May, 2006 - 23:58
Hello, I just installed jEdit on a WinXP computer. I'm particularly interested in its folding feature. I installed SideKick and Outline, but when I try to launch Outline I get this Bean error message: many thanks jf -------------------------------------------- java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: sidekick.SideKickPlugin.getErrorSource(Lorg/gjt/sp/jedit/View;)Lerrorlist/DefaultErrorSource; at outline.OutlineTree.update(Unknown Source) at outline.OutlineTree.(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Reflect.java:668) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(BSHAllocationExpression.java:123) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:114) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:446) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:410) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowManager$Factory.createDockableWindow(DockableWindowManager.java:533) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowManager.showDockableWindow(DockableWindowManager.java:742) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DockableWindowManager$Factory$OpenAction.invoke(DockableWindowManager.java:553) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:229) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:2910) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:216) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
unable to download plugins on newly installed jedit
Submitted by raw on Tuesday, 16 May, 2006 - 17:32
I recently installed jEdit 4.2 final on my Kubuntu 6.04 (Dapper Drake) system, with java version 1.4.2-02 installed. The first thing I wanted to do was to enable some plugins, but when trying to install them through plugin manager (any plugin, multiple number of tries), I get a message box saying "An I/O error occurred (Connection refused)" and the messages below in the console window in which I started jEdit. My system is connected to the internet through an router using NAT, with no restrictions, firewalls or proxies. I have no problems whatsover with my internet connection other than this. Any ideas? Messages in Console Window: [error] Roster$Install: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused [error] Roster$Install: at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) [error] Roster$Install: at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305) [error] Roster$Install: at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171) [error] Roster$Install: at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158) [error] Roster$Install: at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:452) [error] Roster$Install: at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:402) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:139) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:402) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:618) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.(HttpClient.java:306) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.(HttpClient.java:267) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:339) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:320) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:315) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:521) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:498) [error] Roster$Install: at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:626) [error] Roster$Install: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.pluginmgr.Roster$Install.download(Roster.java:417) [error] Roster$Install: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.pluginmgr.Roster$Install.runInWorkThread(Roster.java:314) [error] Roster$Install: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.pluginmgr.Roster.performOperationsInWorkThread(Roster.java:82) [error] Roster$Install: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.pluginmgr.PluginManagerProgress$RosterThread.run(PluginManagerProgress.java:181)
Two Stage Save always asks for confirmation
Submitted by scaRFhogg on Tuesday, 16 May, 2006 - 16:01
I just installed pre4 and FTP plugin v 0.7.7
Now whenever I save a file to a FTP server a dialog is shown telling me the file is readonly and that it will be saved with two stage save. This is very annoying. The file is clearly *not* readonly, it is r/w for the ftp user. Any ideas why that happens?
AntHelper - jbrowse.JBrowsePlugin not installed
Submitted by gomez_adams on Thursday, 11 May, 2006 - 13:39
I have a problem with the AntHelper plugin.

When starting jedit I see the following message.

AntHelper.jar
Requires version 1.4.4 or later of jbrowse.JBrowsePlugin, but jbrowse.JBrowsePlugin is not installed.

I have the jbrowse plugin and AntHelper installed from the update centre.

I am using java 1.5.0_06 and JEdit 4.2

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have tried installing multiple times and can reproduce this everytime. I have tried deleting my .jedit directory and reinstalling the plugins to make sure that there is no broken config or incorrect jar files, but this has not helped.
Problem configuring jEdit
Submitted by ionial on Thursday, 11 May, 2006 - 00:17
Hi!
I've installed jEdit with few plugins and trying to use JExplorer.
I've ProjectViewer working OK , created new project with bunch of java files.

Then I wanted to see its model in JExplorer - but I have a feeling that it just doesn't parse the
files (the icon never changes).

What should I do to get JExplorer working?
Sincerely, Nick
LilyTool in jEdit - unable to run lilypond
Submitted by zrlaszlo on Tuesday, 9 May, 2006 - 15:46
Hi.
I have just tried out jEdit with the LilyTool plugin. It is working very well.
However, my problem is that when I try to run lilypond from inside jEdit, I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: console.Console.setShell(Ljava/lang/String;)V
at lilytool.LilyToolPlugin.runCommand(LilyToolPlugin.java:409)
at lilytool.LilyToolPlugin.runCommandOnBuffer(LilyToolPlugin.java:438)
at lilytool.LilyToolPlugin.runCommandOnBuffer(LilyToolPlugin.java:430)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeOnMethod(Reflect.java:149)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:100)
at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:872)
at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:72)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47)
at bsh.BSHAssignment.eval(BSHAssignment.java:77)
at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130)
at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80)
at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:46)
at bsh.BSHIfStatement.eval(BSHIfStatement.java:48)
at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:46)
at bsh.BSHIfStatement.eval(BSHIfStatement.java:48)
at bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:349)
at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:246)
at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:171)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:523)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:76)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:229)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:2910)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:216)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I am quite new to jEdit, so I could not figure out, what is wrong. Besides, I apologize for writing - there might have been someone else asking this question. I did a few searches but unfortunately I do not have the time crawl through the entire forum.
Thank you a lot for your help.
User login
Browse archives
« April 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   82349