jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Archives
KunststoffLookAndFeel exception
Submitted by powery on Thursday, 14 August, 2008 - 13:11
Do you have same problem?

jEdit 4.3pre15 java 1.6.0_02 windows xp

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.incors.plaf.kunststoff.KunststoffLookAndFeel
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.loadSystemClass(SwingUtilities.java:1848)
at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:580)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.initPLAF(jEdit.java:3393)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.main(jEdit.java:418)
Errors in jEdit Community site
Submitted by powery on Friday, 15 August, 2008 - 08:59
There are errors on jEdit Community site.

For example:

user error: Can't open file: 'cache.MYI' (errno: 145)
query: SELECT data, created FROM cache WHERE cid = 'archive:calendar:1217574000' in /home/groups/j/je/jedit-community/htdocs/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 90.
MalformedByteSequenceException in JEdit 4.3pre15
Submitted by dhschulten on Friday, 15 August, 2008 - 09:07
After installing the new jedit, I get a red label 1 error(s) in the lower right. When I double click it, the following stack trace appears. Something in the buffer history seems to be wrong, but how can I fix this?

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipChar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.gjt.sp.util.XMLUtilities.parseXML(XMLUtilities.java:125)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.SettingsXML.load(SettingsXML.java:150)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BufferHistory.load(BufferHistory.java:175)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.main(jEdit.java:441)
File size indicator in status bar?
Submitted by tvojeho on Saturday, 16 August, 2008 - 17:08
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to display the size of current buffer in the status bar. Many editors show this information, and I think it would be convenient. I did not find anything in the help files on this, perhaps some plugin displays it, but I did not find any either.

Cheers, tvojeho
Macro or shortcut for Reload with Encoding UTF-8
Submitted by JanciB on Sunday, 17 August, 2008 - 17:24
How can I make macro for "Reload with Encoding UTF-8"? Or can it have a shortcut? I use it often and it is annoying to go through the menu every time.
Font substitution for missing characters?
Submitted by Landei on Sunday, 17 August, 2008 - 18:51
I use JEdit to write HTML pages containing Japanese. Unicode support is fine and all, but...
If I type in MS Word or Open Office using a Font which doesn't support Japanese characters, the application chooses another font in order to show them. This is more important as it sounds, because a lot of fonts containing Japanese look good when using Japanese, but you get eye cancer when using the Latin character set, and worse, their Latin subset is not monospaced (at least I found no such font for free).
So I'd suggest that you can define a font which will substitute all character the normal font can't display.

Cheers,
Landei
Search and replace - right way
Submitted by takeshin on Sunday, 17 August, 2008 - 21:48
I have recorded macro like this:

SearchAndReplace.setSearchString("\\{[\\s\\t]+"); SearchAndReplace.setReplaceString("\\{ "); SearchAndReplace.setBeanShellReplace(false); SearchAndReplace.setIgnoreCase(true); SearchAndReplace.setRegexp(true); SearchAndReplace.setSearchFileSet(new CurrentBufferSet()); SearchAndReplace.replaceAll(view);

It works fine, but slow and it beeps each time and so on.

How it should be coded using java.util.regex?

--
regards,
takeshin
Icon for Asus EEE
Submitted by ntbenari on Wednesday, 20 August, 2008 - 14:05
Hello,
I installed the Debian distribution of jEdit on my Asus EEE
with no problems, but I'm wondering if anyone has created an
icon and the commands for installing it in Easy Mode.
Thanks
Moti
Problem w/ Console and Perl
Submitted by smoreland on Wednesday, 20 August, 2008 - 16:12
This was working OK at 4.2, but I can't get it to work at 4.3.Pre14 or 15. When I have a perl source file open and go to console> Compile Current Buffer I get errors starting with :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.gjt.sp.jedit.ActionSet.getAction(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/gjt/sp/jedit/EditAction;
at console.ConsolePlugin.compile(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
... and going on for tens of lines.

Everything else seems to be set OK and the edit mode is set to perl.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

Steve
Can I parse the errorlist?
Submitted by PaulCollingwood on Thursday, 21 August, 2008 - 10:59
I have an errorlist being generated from Lint, and so I can move to each warning and error within the code.
What I would like to do is write a macro that, for a given buffer and cursor position is first able to acquire the full path name and file line number (this bit I can do) and then parse the errorlist content looking for a match.
I would then like to insert the comment in the preceding line of the form '/*lint */' which would prevent such errors in future - again. the comment insertion I know how to do.

The question is this - is there a way to parse the errors in the errorlist, extracting file-name, line-number, and error-message for each item in the process?
How to compile your code?
Submitted by RedexRobB on Monday, 25 August, 2008 - 09:16
Im currently learning Java from scratch out of a book, ive installed jEdit fine and starts up no problem. Problem im having, is when im following the book im learning from, it asks me to compile the code, but i dont seem to be able to find a button or option to do it anywhere.

Ive used other editors before for other languages and theres always been an option to compile/build the code to check the syntax is correct.

any help appreciated.

Rob
Ftp plugin with broken pipe exception
Submitted by tony1016 on Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 - 01:49
My environment is Ubuntu 8.0.4+JDK6.0+Jedit 4.3 pre15.The ftp plugin always shows a broken pipe exception.So what is a broken pipe exception??
Inserting ^D into a program with Jedit
Submitted by r0b on Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 - 15:22
I've been racking my brain since 06:00 this morning trying to figure out how to insert a -d into a program. I'm automating a process using expect and need to pass -d to the interface it is communicating with. I've pushed my google-foo as far as I can, and I've searched the Help Section as best I can and turned up nothing of use. I've tried whitespace, but it's only for viewing 'invisible characters'. My apologies for the frustration and my lack of knowledge. My deepest gratitude to those willing to 'show me the way'.
New Menu Entry in VFSBrowser
Submitted by Chemluth H. on Thursday, 28 August, 2008 - 14:23
Hello,
is it possible to add a menu item to the VFSBrowser context-menu (where stuff like rename/delete etc. is located) ?

Greetings

Chemluth
Increasing java heap size in Windows XP
Submitted by jcaponi on Thursday, 28 August, 2008 - 17:18
I'm trying to increase memory heap size to deal with this error:

'There was insuffficient Java heap memory to complete this request. Try increasing the maximum heap size"

I've found references like this:
http://www.philroche.net/archives/jedit-still-going-strong-increase-heap-size/
and this
http://hausheer.osola.com/docs/5

but not sure where these parameters get set: command line? Jedit Properties control panel?
Would appreciate any advice,
thanks
printing problem from Jedit under Linux
Submitted by fjse on Saturday, 30 August, 2008 - 12:17
Dear community,
My problem is I can not print from jEdit (stable and dev version) under OpenSuse 11.0. I have tried with jdk6 and jdk7. Under Windows I have no problem.
Someone could help me?
Thank you in advance
F.J. Santa Eugenia
Using Find/Rep;lace to substitute a Tab character for another character
Submitted by Stuart on Saturday, 30 August, 2008 - 17:22
I often use jEdit to prepare datafiles for subsequent manipulation. At times it is convenient to line up "data fields" into columns in a tab delimited format. Hence, I
would like to substitute a "|" [vertical bar character] that is used as a delimiter and replace it with a tab character (or perhaps 2 tabs) so that the columns are aligned
and readily visible and comparable for visual inspection.

However, when I try to insert a tab character into the replace field of the find/replace pane, it simply moves to the next toggle button (selection) and does not enter a tab character as a replacement. I have tried to use /t "/t", and even prepare a bean-script to do this but so far I haven't succeeded (I get /t or "/t" instead of the tab characer). The user guide doesn't seem to provide insight, at least to me, of how to do this.

Might anyone be able to help me?

Thank you very much,

Stuart
printing problem from jEdit under Linux
Submitted by fjse on Monday, 1 September, 2008 - 14:16
Dear community,
My problem is I can not print from jEdit (stable and dev version) under OpenSuse 11.0. I have tried with jdk6 and jdk7. Under Windows I have no problem.
Someone could help me?
Thank you in advance
F.J. Santa Eugenia
printing problem from jEdit under Linux
Submitted by fjse on Tuesday, 2 September, 2008 - 08:05
Dear community,
Someone could help me?
Thank you in advance
F.J. Santa Eugenia
Importing Empty Directories with Project Viewer
Submitted by SkinnyK on Wednesday, 3 September, 2008 - 03:11
How come project viewer does not import empty directories that are within my project tree? How can I enable this?
User login
Browse archives
« August 2008 »
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   95567