jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Plugins for Java
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 14 September, 2004 - 10:20
Hi.

I use JEdit for writer my applications in java but I don't know the esencials plugins for java.

What's the essencital plugins for programing for java at the moment I use JCompiler.

PS: Sorry for my english but I'm spanish.
What should be specified in "Connect directly to" in Http proxy?
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 13 September, 2004 - 07:28
Dears,
I'm behined a proxy server and want to specify the authentiaction in JEdit 4.2 final edition.

What is the value that should be written in "Connect directly to"?

Thanks,
Ashraf Fouad
Auto-Indent for parentheses and operators?
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 12 September, 2004 - 22:08
Is there a way to get jEdit to auto-indent using certain characters on the previous line as a guide? E.g. not having to press tab or make leading spaces while typing:
if(a == b
   && a == c
   && b !=c)
  cout << "Oh my god, " << endl
       << "this makes no sense!" << endl
       << ((1 + 2 + 3
            + 4 + 5 + 6)
           / 20.0) << endl;
emacs does some of this in it's c++ mode: '<<' automatically aligns with the first '<<' on the previous line, and anything after an unmatched '(' auto-aligns with the character after that '('. Or maybe you have to press tab to prompt it, but then it automatically finds the correct place to put it.

jEdit seems cooler than emacs, though, so it would be nice if there was a way to get it to do this! It would save a lot of time for me...if it's not possible now, would this sort of thing be possible with a plugin?
Stateless Console and how to overcome it
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 12 September, 2004 - 19:09
When I want to compile C# source code within jEdit I encounter a problem with nonpersistent (stateless) Console plugin. Every command is executed in newly initialized shell which is a big problem for .NET Framework SDK. It uses sdkvars.bat to estabilish development environment within the shell (it sets apropriate paths etc.) but this settings seems to be valid only for one session. For example to compile "source.cs", i need to write:

...> sdkvars.bat
[some output from the bat]
...> csc source.cs

But how can I acomplish this within stateless console plugin?
Advanced EVAL in commando
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 12 September, 2004 - 12:12
Very common is that some control in commando is populated using EVAL attribute, for example to populate "Source file" control, write EVAL="buffer.getPath()" as an attribute of the FILE_ENTRY element (BTW, commando.dtd is wrong and says that no such element is allowed, but all works). What if I want to write some EVAL-expression that has quotes inside, for example buffer.getPath().endsWith(".java") ? buffer.getPath() : "" ? Can anybody help me?
C# support
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 10 September, 2004 - 13:17
Does anybody use jEdit to develop in C#? I am quite new to jEdit and don't know how to force it to simply compile and run a code. Thanks for help.
Code aid and code completion
Submitted by rcosta on Thursday, 9 September, 2004 - 16:56
I'm using the Language FlagShip, very similar to Foxpro, in Linux. I already made a custom mode for syntax but now I want more. I'm trying to get code completion working or at least something like VB does showing a yellow floating box with the parameters of a function when we write the name of that function or with the properties and methods of a class when we write the name of an object of that class.
I've been walking around sidekick, codeaid, ctags, codebrowser and other plugins but still I don't guess how to do this in jEdit.
What plugin should I use and how can I configure it.

Thanks
Rui Costa
Superscript plugin - I don't get it
Submitted by PauloSargaco on Wednesday, 8 September, 2004 - 15:33
Hi there.

I installed superscript and downloaded js.jar from Mozilla's Rhino. I then copied js.jar to {jedit.home}/jars and restarted jEdit. I also changed the superscript optins so that js is recognized as a macro extension. When I use superscript it seems that nothing useful happens. For instance, if I use the text box in the superscript docking window, when I type 2 +2, what I get in the results window is just an echo of what was typed:

-> 2 + 2

same thing with every instruction like parseInt("qwq123").

I also tried opening a js script with jEdit and using the Execute Script button. Nothing happens.

I must be missing something really obvious.
How should I view java applets
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 8 September, 2004 - 11:20
This is probably dead easy but, is there a simple way to view java applets from within jEdit? At the moment I leave jEdit open a Command Prompt window and use appletviewer or I run the html document.
How to associate files with jEdit ?
Submitted by lasterix on Wednesday, 8 September, 2004 - 08:09
Hi,

I 'd like to know how to associate ".txt" or others, files with jEdit (I want to open the file with jEdit when I double clic on it).

Thanks.
why do the docks always open?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 7 September, 2004 - 02:03
i have a shortcut key (f4) set to run an AntHelper task. i also have AntFarm docked on the left and Console and ErrorList docked on the bottom. if i have all docked windows closed and push the f4, the AntFarm and Console popup open.

is there some way to suppress this?

There is abolutely no reason for the left dock to open. I have to close it everytime at the cost of extra mouse work. And I would actually only like to see ErrorList if there are errors. Otherwise, nothing should come up in the bottom dock either. (However, if the Console must open, i can live with that, probably.)

Thanks for any and all help!!!
use special keys for macro execution
Submitted by bjoern_jedit on Monday, 6 September, 2004 - 14:00
Hi, it might sound a little crazy (although I have
serious applications in mind) but I need to
get jedit to make a backslash when typing
the following two keys at the same time:

Left-Windows-special-key german-umlaut

I managed to get a backslash when typing

A+n for example. However the windows special
key seems not do work for that nor do the
german special keys.

I would really appreciate any suggestions !
How to activate the line or marking of the block of code within { ... } ?
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 5 September, 2004 - 14:09
I have seen in some of the 'screenshots' in that the code enclosed in { } is marked by a vertical line drawing from '{' to '}'. I have searched in the global options but couldnt find a way to activate it.

Thanx in advance for your advice
Ensuring a single instance
Submitted by takisd on Saturday, 4 September, 2004 - 04:36
Hi

i just upgraded to 4.2 and have noticed that opening a file opens a new jedit instance. this never occurred in 4.1 - or i set something for it to keep the same window. either way, i can't figure out how to get it to use one instance only. the second window always has the same list of documents opened previously and adds the new one. i open docs mainly from the nautilus browser with the open with popup command on a file.

i only noticed this since 4.2.
i'm using debian unstable. i installed jedit using the java installer.

any suggestions on how to stop this behaviour would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Takis
License of Mode Files ?
Submitted by llothar on Wednesday, 1 September, 2004 - 06:25
Hello, under what license are the mode files ?
I want to use them in another editor. Is this okay ?

What's about only using the "wisdom" in this files ?
Opening and Saving Files From Windows Network
Submitted by AForgue on Tuesday, 31 August, 2004 - 13:53
I just starting trying jEdit and was halted immediately when I went to open a file from a computer on my network. It was not initially apparent to me how I could go about opening a network file from the file broswer without first mapping a drive. Am I doing something wrong? Is mapping a drive the only way to open files from a network computer?

Thanks!
Aaron
jEdit as external editor for file manager
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 30 August, 2004 - 09:24
Hello!
What is error during to make an attempt to open file in jEdit from file manager on Windows 2000: "Could not find the main class. Program will exit." ???
How to reduce a function body
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 29 August, 2004 - 11:44
How to reduce the body of a function in the text area, in order to have something like that: "+ void my_function(void truc) {" <== all the body of the function is hidden here and when you click on the "+" the body expands. PS: excuse me for this horrible english, i'm french...
How to invoke GDB in an independent console window ?
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 28 August, 2004 - 14:40
Is it possible to invoke GDB (or any other command line application)
in its own independent console window using the console plugin ?
If I invoke GDB directly in console it returns immediately...
Thanks.
build.xml: many errors
Submitted by backspaces on Saturday, 28 August, 2004 - 00:35
I'm sure I'm doing a dumb thing, but ... I've got the xml plugin which works great for xhtml editing. I've just loaded a downloaded ant build.xml file, however, and there are lots of errors noted.

The error list shows <project>, <target>, ... and the other ant xml keywords as being not recognized. But the xml insert side panel shows these as being just fine. I believe this means the ant dtd/catalog is known by the plugin.

Here's a picture: http://backspaces.net/files/jEdit001.jpg

So what dumb thing am I doing wrong?!

Thanks...

Owen

User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83283