jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
a good website which can help you
Submitted by nicoleveve on Monday, 1 May, 2006 - 00:06
hi ,you are the games players ,right? If you are i think you want to focus on this essay . If you want to play the game well ,you must have good arms ,right ? so if you want to buy the gold ,one way you can buy the gold .And i think the place can supply good service also they deliver the gold fast .So if i need gold i always buy it from them .many players says : the website is [url=http://www.moggm.com] you can go into have a try!!!!!!

network games:WOW ,EUWOW,MapleStory, Ragnarok Online, ROSE online , SilkRoad , RS2 , FFXI , EQ2 ,Guild Wars , Eve online , Matrix and so on or Power Leveling.
you also can contact them via:
AIM:gilssales
Yahoo: sellgilstoyou
Msn:gils_sales@hotmail.com
http://www.moggm.com
Toolbar Icons
Submitted by DMA on Sunday, 30 April, 2006 - 04:22
Is there any way to change the toolbar icons? Are there alternate icons sets?

I was looking at the "Icons and Images" - are the icons there toobar icons?
Highlights the current function in CodeBrowser
Submitted by Manil on Thursday, 27 April, 2006 - 19:28
Hi all,

I want to know, if we can have a highlight on a current function in CodeBrowser, it will be usefull to know where we are in the code when we are editing a function. I don't think it's a hard thing to implement juste locating the position of the pointer and comparing it to the position of the functions....So if anyone thought about it, can you let me know or may be i can try to implement it, but i'll need to be in the developpement team probably...

Thx for any answer
jEdit cleanup
Submitted by metric152 on Thursday, 27 April, 2006 - 01:11
I've been using jEdit for the last two weeks and it's a great program.

It seems a little sloppy about cleaning up the temp files (*.ext~) when the program closes.
Is there any way to have the program delete those on exit, or do I have to remove them by hand?
Editing and modifying the modes language files
Submitted by Manil on Monday, 24 April, 2006 - 17:32
Hi, I am trying to add "--" as a single line command in modes/pascal.xml, actually it is supporting juste "//", i replaced the // by -- in the file, but it didn't work. I want to have in pascal highlights for my functions, i know that i can do it in C but not in Pascal, i tried to add this command like in C but it didn't work. ss ( Any help or commants will be very apreciated. Thx a lot
Importing shortcuts
Submitted by dnagy on Wednesday, 19 April, 2006 - 23:17
Is it possible to export keyboard shortcuts then import them? I have two Jedit installations that I would like to behave similarly.

Could only find a macro to export to a buffer - no import. Are the shortcuts stored in a file somewhere?

Darrin
Make Jedit run on JDK on removable USB drive without changing PATH (batch file, maybe?)
Submitted by sidewalking on Wednesday, 19 April, 2006 - 13:29
Hi all,

I searched a bit but couldn't find the answer, so here goes:

Here is my situation. I have an old JRE 1.3 on my work computer and one of our programs will not work with anything newer than this (don't ask). Needless to say, I am not allowed to install any Java JRE (and I presume JDK/SDK either).

However, I copied my install folders of the newest JDK and JRE for 1.5.0_6 to my USB drive (path is E:\Java\jdk1.5.0_06) and I can run Netbeans, BlueJ and jGRASP just fine because those prompt you to browse for a JDK to use.

This is the problem I run into: I want to use Jedit, not just as an editor but with the compiler functionality, and I wold prefer running it from my USB Java 1.5 JRE rather than the antiquated 1.3 on my desktop machine. Can I do this? I know how to set the path but I do not want to interfere with the functionality of that work program. Is there a batch file I can use to start it that will invoke it to start in the E:\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin or E:\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin folders instead of the system path that directs to JRE 1.3?

Many thanks! Smiling

Scott
How to create this look...
Submitted by ivy on Tuesday, 18 April, 2006 - 13:48
Hi, i'd like to customize as much as i can jEdit (i am a newbie, so please forgive me if i poststupid questions Smiling).

I like those colors, i know i can change those setting in the global option menu.
But, how can i "create" the effect used in the screenshot to collapse or expand some parts of code?
http://jedit.org/index.php?page=screenshot&image=21

Thanks everyone for help,
Bye,
Ivy
Background Plugin
Submitted by ivy on Tuesday, 18 April, 2006 - 13:39
Hi evyone,
i'd like to install and use the background visual plugin (link: http://plugins.jedit.org/plugins/?Background)
It's not working, i dont know why.

I installed it form the Plugin Manager inside jEdit (version 4.2 final).
Now I can find the background item in the Plugins Menu.
The item looks chacked, but if i click on it i get this error message:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.JEditTextArea.getFoldVisibilityManager()Lorg/gjt/sp/jedit/textarea/FoldVisibilityManager;
at background.BackgroundHighlight.updateTextArea(Unknown Source)
at background.BackgroundHighlight.toggleHighlightEnabledFor(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeOnMethod(Reflect.java:149)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:100)
at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:872)
at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:72)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47)
at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130)
at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80)
at bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:349)
at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:246)
at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:171)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:523)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:76)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:229)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:2910)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:216)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What's the matter?
I dont know how to chose an image, or how to solve this problem...

Thanks everyone for help.
Bye,
Ivy
Macro Help
Submitted by Caim on Saturday, 15 April, 2006 - 20:01
I've spent about 2 days trying to install jEdit properly on my computer(windows XP). Today I finally got everything working. and I started playing around with all the things you can do with jEdit. I am just starting to learn how to program in Python. Everything works fine but I have a question about macros.

I know how to record macros. I know how they work and what they are, (Beanshell or Jython scripts) but I don't know how to assign keyboard shortcuts to my created macros. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
jEdit sluggish when not connected to network
Submitted by AlabamaPaul on Thursday, 13 April, 2006 - 15:37
I hope this is the right place to post...
I have been using jEdit on my laptop running Windows XP, and have been very happy with its performance. When I am at work, and connected to the corporate LAN or wireless LAN, jEdit works just great.

But, when I am disconnected from the corporate LAN and working without any network connection, jEdit is extremely sluggish (for example it takes jEdit 3 seconds to respond to and complete pressing the page down key in a 1500 line C souce code file).

Even if I connect to my network at home or to the corporate VPN from my home network, jEdit is still sluggish.

I've disabled and un-installed all plugins to make sure it wasn't something related to a plugin, but this had no effect.

Any ideas what may be causing this ?

Thanks,
Paul
Reuse buffer when opening files externally
Submitted by romi on Tuesday, 11 April, 2006 - 08:42
Hi everyone!

Sorry if I'm posting a trivial question, but as I use jEdit in Windows and have it as my standard editor in Total Commander, or even as a default source viewer in the browser jEdit keeps opening a new buffer window (complete with all files, file browser, etc...) each time I open a new file in this way. The only way to open a file in jEdit without causing it to open a new instance is by drag-n-drop or by using the built in file browser.

Is there any way to force jEdit to reuse its buffer and not open a new window each time? Ideas appreciated...

Cheers,
Roman
WhiteSpace Plugin is broken under JEdit 4.2
Submitted by tomasio on Monday, 10 April, 2006 - 12:52
I am using JEdit 4.2 under Windows XP. The Whitespace-Plugin (Version 0.9.2) does not show up any Whitespace-Characters, although I configured it to do so. Is there some workaround?

kind regards,
cannot save jedit change file, and download again and cannot download plugin, always connection error time out
Submitted by joyce on Saturday, 1 April, 2006 - 20:01
i use jedit for about a year already. normally when we open there is a few times, they do not save. or time out error. recently this few days, or this few weeks, the problems happen that after i correct the php files with jedit, i cannot never save the file. 1 out of 100 times i can save. and i need to amend my website!

then i uninstall all jedit include the file .jedit in document and setting files.

i download both the stable version java based jedit and the development version and i can never download the plugin ftp and buffer list. i uninstall again and try another minor, i try all the minor in usa already and i uninstall everything after i try and try and it still have connection error 100%. i even try the minor in uk and it does not work.

i need jedit to amend my website!

i have to use the java running enviroment for the jedit. i download the latest version already from sun corporation.

please help, i need help. any help to solve this problem will be appreciated.
JEdits config files
Submitted by Slith on Saturday, 1 April, 2006 - 07:28
Ive been using JEdit on my USB pen drive for a while now. The only problem with this is that for every computer I take it to the settings are diffrent.

What I mean is the setings are saved in the users home folder on the machine used.

I would really like it if I could get the settings to be saved on my USB pen drive.
Is there a way to do this?

If not what source files would need changing? And which ones should I look at?

Thanks
Jedit and sql jdbc
Submitted by herbb1 on Thursday, 30 March, 2006 - 18:25
I have the sql plugin working with ODBC connections, but would prefer JDBC.
Per plugin help file, I should add information under the 'Global options'...
for SQL->JDBC pane...but I do not see that pane anywhere..using jedit 4.3pr3..

Anyone know how to configure this version to use JDBC drivers?

Thank you.
help setting jedit with java in linux
Submitted by tflex on Wednesday, 29 March, 2006 - 23:20
Hi,
I am using Ubuntu Linux (Latest Stable Core). I installed java software development kit from sun and now it is time to configure jedit. I got all the plugins needed for developing java applications and it seems to be working fine as well. Everything compiles fine but doesn't run fine. If I make helloWorld application in java using jedit, that works fine and displays the correct result but if I try to use joptionpane like JOptionPane.showMessageDialog (null, "Hello World!"); then I get following error message in jedit console screen. Also the code I used has no errors (It has been compiled before in windows).

** ERROR **: file ../../../src/libjava/jni/gtk-peer/gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkImage.c: line 572 (createRawData): assertion failed: (data_fid != 0)
aborting...
Process java exited with code 134

I'm unable to find out why this happens as I'm new to linux. Please any help appreciated.
INVALID PROPERTY
Submitted by rcosta on Wednesday, 29 March, 2006 - 17:17
I need some help. Please.

I'm trying to add to a mode a way to mark as INVALID, using reg exp, several situations:
- the use, in one line, of the character ( without the corresponding );
- the use of an if statement without any condition following the if;
- the use of an if statement without the corresponding endif.

This mode will be used for xBase languages (FlagShip, xHarbour, ...) in CGI mode allowing the inclusion of CSS, Javascript and HTML. It will be made available for who wants to use it.

Thanks in advance.
Rui Costa
JTA_SSH and JTA_TELNET
Submitted by beaubert on Monday, 27 March, 2006 - 14:57
Hi all,

I try to use the JTA_SSH and JTA_TELNET plugin for jedit 4.2.
The JTA_TELNET plugin works but there are problems with focus and sometimes the connection seems to be lost.

But I'm unable to use the JTA_SSH plugin. I'm asked for the login and the passwd and after that nothing .... The ssh conection works well in a shell. I know that the JTA_SSH and JTA8TELNET can't work both a the same time so I remove the .jedit/jars/JTA_TELNET.jat file before using the JTA_SSH.

I'm using version 0.21 of both plugins. Are they in development ? Is there a workaround for those problems ?

Thank's for your help.
Francois
Console plugin version from plugin manager is for 4.3pre not the stable 4.2final
Submitted by matthewyoung on Thursday, 23 March, 2006 - 04:53
Or is this customary how jEdit work? That's all plug-in fetch by the plugin manage is for the latest whatever release?
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281