jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Stupid question about icons
Submitted by sinebubble on Wednesday, 10 August, 2005 - 05:44
I'm trying to change gray/blue/white default jedit icon that appears on XP in the Taskbar and in the upper left corner of the application window. I have created a customicons.jar in .jedit/jars containing jedit-icon.gif, to replace the default, and have the appropriate startup script. Still, I cannot change this icon. Any ideas for resolution?
Clipper plugin: reload clippings
Submitted by nickb on Saturday, 6 August, 2005 - 12:59
How does one reload Clipper's clippings without quitting and restarting jEdit?

Nick
Code completion of JavaScript i.e. document.writeln("Hey!");
Submitted by MarcMiller on Friday, 5 August, 2005 - 04:24
Code completion of JavaScript i.e. document.writeln("Hey!");
Hello all, I am a very poor speller, but still want to learn JavaScript. I am trying to get jedit to spell for me the words document by just typing "do" and then hitting ctrl + b and I do not get that choice in the drop-down window whether I try saving my file with the js extension or the html extension or even htm. I typically get the word "double" in the drop-down box and also the word "do". I can not get code completion to spell the word writeln it after I type "document." and then a "wr" followed by a ctrl +b. The computer at that point just beeps at me. I do not care if I can get AutoCode completion to work in a plugin or the main editor, as long as I can get it to work with my JavaScript. Please help.
webspace edit with jEdit - mobile solution for my usb-stick that i can work every place at the world
Submitted by seekXL on Tuesday, 2 August, 2005 - 11:59
Hello,

there is a possibility, this in the jEdit one can edit the files directly on the Webspace?

I have been of use for jEdit, thus very much as content, particularly the possibility of the interleaved opening and partitioning of several HTML files has moved for the change to jEdit but I would enjoy becoming a mini-version for me together with Knoppix on my USB embroider make and then feed the files on the Webspace out, directly from every place of the world flexibly for some time.

So right I still have found nothing there to or the point where this is perhaps possible, up till now stayed with me in secret, however.

Excused ask my broken English since I come from Germany do my best I to write it down as understandably as possible. sorry for misstakes - i do it better next time - a still learning process *smile*

I do use seekXL and Rammstein Music to this work and for my project create of web pages on jEdit.

thanks a lot for your help

seekXL
Delete empty and whitespace-only lines
Submitted by cosmicstars on Saturday, 30 July, 2005 - 13:24
Moin,

I want to clear my edited text for all lines which have
empty content e.g. white spaces or nothing and so on.

I can use find and replace to find an string and replace it,
but I havenot an idea to use an macro which will delete
these line if found the given string.

What is my fault?

e.g. in sed '/^\ .*$/d' will find all empty lines and
lines with spaces only and delete them.

MfG...
Pierre Berhardt
jEdit almost the perfect web development platform
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 28 July, 2005 - 22:03
I realy like jedit. If you take the time to play and fiddle with the ever growing list of plugins, you can customise jedit into a decent IDE for almost all programming languages (all the main ones).

I am primarily a PHP mySQL developer.

Plugins I like to use:

Code Browser
Project Viewer
Error List
ColorChooser
Clipper
XML
FTP
JTidyPlugin
PHPParser
SideKick

+ Some Updated Edit modes:

PHP edit mode V2
Advanced HTML edit mode

BUT!!!

There is one problem standing in my way from crowning jedit as my favourite editor. To have code completion (control+B) also known as complete word for both PHP and HTML you need to use the advanced HTML edit mode xml file and set html as your default edit mode for PHP files. This gives you PHP code completion in html edit mode, but to have html code completion you need to set the parser for the html edit mode in your side kick plugin and not to phpparser. This is were things got difficult for me.

If phpparser is not set and html is used then my error list stops working and the structure browser shows the HTML structure not the PHP structure (Both structures would be better), but error list is vital to me.

Maybe I am over looking something in my setup if so can someone please tell me how to get it all to work. I think the problem come in with the edit modes. Ideally you should be able to set multiple edit modes per a file type. Look at Web development as a example. You need syntax highlighting and complete word / code completion functionality for HTML / XHTML, JavaScript, PHP / ASP / JSP and SQL would be nice to. I understand this is not a big problem when it comes to compiled languages. But it is conceptually the more versatile way if possible, and in programming I believe nothing is impossible.

Can I have it all. Please help. If not, a suggestion for the future.
Sorry for the long post.
Console plugin - error patterns that span multiple lines
Submitted by w0073r on Wednesday, 27 July, 2005 - 20:15
Is it possible for the Console plugin's error patterns to apply to more than line? For example, saxon errors look like

Error at xsl:value-of on line 41 of file:/C:/dev/yell/layout.xsl:
Error in expression time@status: Unexpected token @ beyond end of expression

and since the regex only applies to one line, I don't know how to get both the line number/file name and the error in there. I tried

Error at .* on line ([0-9]+) of file:/(.*):\n\s*Error in .*: (.*)

but it didn't work.

Any thoughta?
How to set HTML syntax highlighting for all files with extension .ftl ?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 26 July, 2005 - 07:39
How to set HTML syntax highlighting for all files with extension .ftl ?
Changing Syntax Highlighting Categories
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 21 July, 2005 - 08:10
Hi,

I'm using jedit for editing latex with the german language package. This package uses quotation marks for special charachters and so jedit's syntax highlighting interprets much of the text as LITERAL1, although this is not intended to be so. Is there a way of switching off syntax highlighting just for LITERAL1? How can one generally individually define syntax highlighting (not only the colour, but also when things should be marked in this colour)?

Thanks a lot,
Matthaeus
Python and Sidekick
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 14 July, 2005 - 20:48
In my Sidekick options, it lists the available parsers as Python, HTML, and XML. Yet when I open a Python file, Sidekick does not parse it. When I added PerlSidekick, I then had a Perl parser listed in Sidekick options, and it will show the structure of a Perl file nicely. So I'm assuming unless anyone tells me otherwise, that I need a Python Sidekick plugin. But I wonder why Python shows up as an available parser in the Sidekick options?
Search for hi-lited word without openig the search dialog box?
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 14 July, 2005 - 16:41
Is there a simple way to search for a hi-lited string without opening the search dialog box or search bar? I.e. I'd like to hi-lite a string and with a single button press have Jedit find the next occurance of that string.

Thanks!
execute the the current file
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 12 July, 2005 - 16:13
Hello,

jEdit is a text editor, text is saved in files and files are associated with applications. When I'm in the windows explorer and double-click on a rb file the ruby interpreter gets launches. I would like to execute the file from within jEdit by let's say pressing F5, is that possible? I hope I'm the right track using jEdit and Ruby for shell scripting in Windows, I don't want to mess with WSH and .NET doesn't support scripting, there are work arounds for .NET scripting but I thought it might be smarter to learn Ruby.

Regards,
stax

PS: still waiting for my password
Xalan-XSLT Processor
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 9 May, 2005 - 15:01
Hi guys i am a fairly new comer to using jedit. i was following the tutorial host by ammai.com when using XSLT Processor i get this error while following the tutorial..

Transformation failed to complete Reason:javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The processing instruction must begin with the name of the target.

I am following the tutorial to the letter can anyone tell what to do or tell me what the problem is?
Macro usage
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 8 May, 2005 - 13:16
How to run a macro for all opened files.
How change Token Types of keywords?
Submitted by a992400 on Saturday, 7 May, 2005 - 22:08
I'm using version 4.2final to edit a CSS file, and I see that a few of the CSS keywords (e.g., "top") are not being colored like most of the other keywords (e.g., "background-color"). I assume that is because some are considered to have Token Type of "KEYWORD1" while others are "KEYWORD2". Where in jEdit can I change the Token Types of keywords?
macro/plugin to open/close docked panels (via keyboard) ?
Submitted by paulflory on Tuesday, 3 May, 2005 - 15:31
Anyone know of a way to assign shortcut keys to open/closing of docked panels?

I'd like to be able to open/close the File system browser (dock) with the stroke of a key, rather than mouse.

Possible with a macro or plugin, other ?

Thanks,
Paul
Change line break characters and encoding on whole directory?
Submitted by Anonymous on Monday, 2 May, 2005 - 11:08
Hi!

Is it possible to change line break characters (from unix to windows) and encoding (utf to iso-8859-1) on a whole directory containing text files?

Any help appreciated
auto-indenting - is this possible?
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 1 May, 2005 - 16:13
I've read through the edit mode description docs, but couldn't figure out if the following is possible or not:

Can i tell jEdit to auto-indent in the following fashion? (*'s would be spaces inserted by auto-indenting)

(let ((a 2)
******(b 3))
*****(if (= a 0)
*********(foo)
*********(bar)))

Basically - i want the opening parens of the same level expressions in lisp/scheme to match.
If this is impossible with edit modes descriptions, is this somethign that could be trivially implemented with a plugin?
Search and replace in large files/indent large xml files
Submitted by Anonymous on Saturday, 30 April, 2005 - 06:55
Hi!

I have several large xml files that misses line breaks. I tried search and replace on one of them and it worked, but not on all the files in the directory, then I ran out of memory. What can I do?

Ideally I would like to use xmlindent, but can I use it on a whole directory?
Sorting Text
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 29 April, 2005 - 11:45
Hi

Is there a way or macro out there so JEdit can order a selection of lines alphabetically?

Many Thanks

Ben

Made with JEdit:
http://www.discountproductpost.com
http://www.altervistas.com
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281