jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
FIND/REPLACE of a selection with line breaks
Submitted by wdepaepe on Thursday, 28 December, 2006 - 12:54
I used to be able to select a piece of text containing one or more line breaks, FIND/REPLACE (CTRL+F) the selection by another piece of text. I must have @#@#-ed around with the settings (I can't remember), but now it doesn't work anymore.

Hints anyone?
Abbreviations not working in MacOsX: 4.3preX issue
Submitted by mtl on Thursday, 28 December, 2006 - 01:12
I am using jEdit 4.2final on MacOSX 10.4.8.
Everything works great.

But if I try to use the most recent build, 4.3.pre8, upon running the application, I cant use
the keyboard abbreviations that I have already defined in 4.2final.

The preferences are set to have the space bar expand abbrevations, and the abbreviations
appear in the preferences pane dialog, but I can't use them.

I'd love to use 4.3pre8, due to the improvements in the plugins. But I cannot live without
my abbreviations.

Michael Lacey
Dock Left or Right fails
Submitted by jrlooney on Wednesday, 20 December, 2006 - 16:56
I've had this before and I can't remember how I fixed it. Hoping someone else has run into this.
I change the Look and Feel setting of jedit and now I can't dock anything in the left or right. I can dock on top or bottom just fine (but I don't like that for ProjectViewer - I want it on the left). I changed LookandFeel back to "Metal", restarted and that did not help. I even removed the LookAndFeel plugin and restarted jedit and that did not work.

Has anyone else run into this? I am using Jedit 4.2Final on MacOSX Tiger.

thanks in advance
4.3pre7, scrolling bug
Submitted by lukescammell on Thursday, 14 December, 2006 - 17:28
Sometimes when I'm editing HTML, PHP or ASP I either hit CTRL+HOME or PGUP a few times and the edit window cuts off the top part of the page. It's still there, but I can't move the scrollbar up any further and I can't see the text. If I close the file and then reopen it everything's fine until it randomly happens again. I can't find anything that causes this to happen, it appears to be just random for me :/

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea.scrollTo(TextArea.java:862)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea.scrollToCaret(TextArea.java:714)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea._finishCaretUpdate(TextArea.java:5051)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea.finishCaretUpdate(TextArea.java:5203)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea.moveCaretPosition(TextArea.java:2214)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea.moveCaretPosition(TextArea.java:2180)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea.moveCaretPosition(TextArea.java:2169)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea.goToBufferStart(TextArea.java:3150)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Reflect.java:134)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Reflect.java:80)
at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:858)
at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:75)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47)
at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130)
at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80)
at bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:362)
at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:258)
at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:186)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:509)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:76)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:440)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:406)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DefaultInputHandler.handleKey(DefaultInputHandler.java:373)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.processKeyEventKeyStrokeHandling(InputHandler.java:295)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.processKeyEvent(InputHandler.java:184)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.TextArea.processKeyEvent(TextArea.java:4557)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Fixing java.lang.outofmemoryerror in Mac OS X
Submitted by AndrewClarke on Tuesday, 5 December, 2006 - 11:27
I want to increase my heap space from 64MB since I run out so often. I have read about and know the command line switch to do this, but I can't figure out how to set this up so it happens automatically when I click on the JEdit.app icon in OS X. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank you very much,
- Andrew Clarke.
can't see screen using Jedit 4.3pre8
Submitted by liran vigdor on Wednesday, 15 November, 2006 - 07:05
I was using jedit 4.2 and now tried to transfer to 4.3pre8 , but when starting Jedit , I cant see anything, and only if I pass on the screen with the mouse it will show the screen - this is true only for the icons and other jedit stuff, the files themself can't be seen anyway !
thanks
Still broken XML plugin (or is it SideKick).. and who the hell is hy263?
Submitted by gribelu on Thursday, 9 November, 2006 - 07:58
HTML tag highlighting hasn't worked on 4.3pre7 and still doesn't on 4.3pre8 Sad .. I tried the SVN versions of both plugins with no luck.
Or am i doing something wrong? Smiling

And... Who is that annoying user and why isn't anyone doing anything about it?
Cheers Smiling
C mode line comments
Submitted by prg on Monday, 6 November, 2006 - 23:03
Using jEdit4.2final. Problem with mode C and line comments.

#define SAT_DEFAULT 128 // Saturation Control Register [128/0x80]

Editor sees the line comment as something else. The syntax highlight color is dark green (keyword2) just like the constant label. The numbers inside the square brackets are highlighted as digit (bright red). If the comment is enclosed with /*....*/ it is correctly recognized as a comment. It appears that this problem happens when the line comment follows a digit type. This bug was supposedly fixed see 696765
4.3p7: Paint errors
Submitted by Baldurien on Saturday, 4 November, 2006 - 23:29
Hi, I have this exception in Activity Logs :

[error] ExtensionManager: Error repainting line range {0,41}:
[error] ExtensionManager: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -42
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.syntax.DisplayTokenHandler.canMerge(DisplayTokenHandler.java:226)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.syntax.DisplayTokenHandler.merge(DisplayTokenHandler.java:193)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.syntax.DisplayTokenHandler.handleToken(DisplayTokenHandler.java:94)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.syntax.TokenMarker.markTokens(TokenMarker.java:250)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.JEditBuffer.markTokens(JEditBuffer.java:1218)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.ChunkCache.lineToChunkList(ChunkCache.java:771)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.ChunkCache.updateChunksUpTo(ChunkCache.java:646)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.ChunkCache.getLineInfo(ChunkCache.java:255)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.ExtensionManager.paintScreenLineRange(ExtensionManager.java:102)
[error] ExtensionManager: at org.gjt.sp.jedit.textarea.Gutter.paintComponent(Gutter.java:131)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1005)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:842)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1014)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:842)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.JComponent.paintWithOffscreenBuffer(JComponent.java:4963)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.JComponent.paintDoubleBuffered(JComponent.java:4916)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4859)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4666)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:451)
[error] ExtensionManager: at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(SystemEventQueueUtilities.java:114)
[error] ExtensionManager: at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
[error] ExtensionManager: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
[error] ExtensionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
[error] ExtensionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
[error] ExtensionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
[error] ExtensionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
[error] ExtensionManager: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

That the first time I see it.

If someone has an Idea?

Hardware:
Gigabyte-965P-DS4
C2D E6400
1G Ram
MSI7900GTO512MB (drivers: 93.71)
jEdit 4.2: PorjectViewer Plugin Fails with Swing Error
Submitted by maddog39 on Friday, 27 October, 2006 - 19:20
Hello all, Im using Xubuntu 6.10 and I have jEdit 4.2 installed. I downloaded the ProjectViewer plugin from the plugin manager and whenever I try to use it, it always come up with this beanshell error. java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking org/xml/sax/DTDHandler class at projectviewer.PVActions.newXMLReader(PVActions.java:429) at projectviewer.ProjectManager.loadConfig(ProjectManager.java:172) at projectviewer.ProjectManager.(ProjectManager.java:118) at projectviewer.ProjectManager.(ProjectManager.java:90) at projectviewer.PVMenuProvider.(PVMenuProvider.java:57) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274) at bsh.Reflect.constructObject(Reflect.java:668) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.constructObject(BSHAllocationExpression.java:123) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.objectAllocation(BSHAllocationExpression.java:114) at bsh.BSHAllocationExpression.eval(BSHAllocationExpression.java:62) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:641) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:731) at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Interpreter.java:720) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell._eval(BeanShell.java:446) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.eval(BeanShell.java:410) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.menu.EnhancedMenu.init(EnhancedMenu.java:114) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.menu.EnhancedMenu.menuSelected(EnhancedMenu.java:99) at javax.swing.JMenu.fireMenuSelected(JMenu.java:1097) at javax.swing.JMenu$MenuChangeListener.stateChanged(JMenu.java:1190) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireStateChanged(DefaultButtonModel.java:362) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setSelected(DefaultButtonModel.java:228) at javax.swing.JMenu.setSelected(JMenu.java:286) at javax.swing.JMenu.menuSelectionChanged(JMenu.java:1257) at javax.swing.MenuSelectionManager.setSelectedPath(MenuSelectionManager.java:83) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseEntered(BasicMenuUI.java:388) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5109) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:4897) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1569) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.trackMouseEnterExit(Container.java:3323) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3180) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1606) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:456) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100) I have also never had this problem before, and it always seems to happen on linux. Windows works fine. Please help.
pango_layout_set_text()
Submitted by djemili on Thursday, 26 October, 2006 - 09:30
When I try to run jEdit I have this problem:

(.:5957): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
[error] AWT-EventQueue-3: java.lang.InternalError: Pango: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
[error] AWT-EventQueue-3: at java.la
[error] AWT-EventQueue-3: ng.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(libgcj.so.7)
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0820c168 ***

Is there any relation with the language of my system?
LANG=ca_ES.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=ca_ES:ca:en_GB:en

I do an export of this two variables trying other most typicall languages (english) but it doesn't work anyway.

How can I solve that? I'm using kubuntu.

Thanks
Regular Expression Bug in 4.3Pre7
Submitted by icon on Monday, 23 October, 2006 - 22:37
Searching (or replacing) using simply: (.*) causes jEdit to crash (or at least run the CPU up to 100%). I suspect this is related to a previous bug I reported. The expected result would be to retrieve the whole line so that it can be replace in an expression. Perhaps jEdit should have a multi-line switch for regular expression searches?

//i\\
Java process using 50% CPU
Submitted by fabrizim on Monday, 23 October, 2006 - 17:15
Hi all-

First off, jEdit is the best text editor around, hands down. I've used it for several years now and it beats the pants off commercial editors. Anyway, on to my issue.

I just installed the 4.3pre7 on a new machine along with JDK 1.5.0_09, and jEdit's java process is using 50% of my proccessor (according to Task Manager). The problem does not occur with the stable 4.2 build. However, The syntax highlighting and many plugins are much better with the 4.3 version, so I'd rather not use 4.2. This issue does not occur on any of my other PC's.

The computer in question is running Win XP SP 2, on a Dell Dimension E520 w/ an Intel Core 2 Duo proccessor.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards-
Mark
Trying to get code complete going on jedit 4.3pre7
Submitted by Rom399 on Saturday, 21 October, 2006 - 11:58
I've installed
JavaSide kick
Project Viewer
Ant Farm

running java 1.5

When i try and code complete in a class i get the following : error

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1:104
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.JEditBuffer.getText(JEditBuffer.java:520)
at sidekick.java.JavaCompletionFinder.getWordAtCursor(JavaCompletionFinder.java:90)
at sidekick.java.JavaCompletionFinder.complete(JavaCompletionFinder.java:51)
at sidekick.java.JavaParser.complete(JavaParser.java:637)
at sidekick.SideKickActions.complete(SideKickActions.java:101)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:98)
at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:874)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.DefaultInputHandler.handleKey(DefaultInputHandler.java:373)
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.processKeyEventKeyStrokeHandling(InputHandler.java:295)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5265)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1810)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:672)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:920)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:798)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:636)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3841)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1774)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
Trying to get code complete going on jedit 4.3pre7
Submitted by Rom399 on Saturday, 21 October, 2006 - 11:32
I've installed
JavaSide kick
Project Viewer
Ant Farm

running java 1.5

When i try and code complete in a class i get the following : error

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1:104
at org.gjt.sp.jedit.buffer.JEditBuffer.getText(JEditBuffer.java:520)
at sidekick.java.JavaCompletionFinder.getWordAtCursor(JavaCompletionFinder.java:90)
at sidekick.java.JavaCompletionFinder.complete(JavaCompletionFinder.java:51)
at sidekick.java.JavaParser.complete(JavaParser.java:637)
at sidekick.SideKickActions.complete(SideKickActions.java:101)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:98)
at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:874)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5265)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1810)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:672)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:920)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:798)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:636)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3841)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1774)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
jedit ftp (sftp) plugin not working with openssh
Submitted by eero on Friday, 20 October, 2006 - 06:16
Problem appears with newer openssh version, is there working solution to this problem?
Plugin install fails: An I/O error occurred (error in opening zip file)
Submitted by cayhorstmann on Friday, 20 October, 2006 - 05:08
I just installed 4.3pre7 and tried to install the XML plugin. The plugin files seem to get downloaded, and then I get a sequence of error dialogs "An I/O error occurred (error in opening zip file)". I use JDK6 (build 102) on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper).

I tried blowing away ~/.jedit, and the result is still the same.

I would appreciate any hints.

Thanks,

Cay
Short but frustrating black screen [4.3p7]
Submitted by Baldurien on Monday, 16 October, 2006 - 12:29
Hi,

Before I try to send a bug report, I'd like to know a solution to my problem, or perhaps user in the same condition than me.

I had run jEdit 4.3pre5 to 4.3pre6 on jdk1.5_06 to jdk1.5_08*, and now the latest jEdit - 4.3p7 - on jdk1.5_08, all on WinXP Pro SP2.

(* 4.3p5 with jdk1.5_06, 4.3p6 with jdk1.5_06, and 4.3p6 with jdk1.5_08)

In all of this use of jEdit, I had that black screen that appeared a short time (enough to be noticable), and it seems to be worse in 4.3p7. The black screen appear for example when I go to help, or when a new window spawn (like popup menu, etc).

I'm running it on a GeForge 7900GTO+512Ram, testing to disable direct draw in Java, but no : that black screen is still there.

I also installed the jdk1.5_09, and will test with it.

Is that a real problem?

[Note : I tested that with a lot of plug in installed, Have to try it with only a short set of them]
XML plugin causing java process to go to 95%+ cpu
Submitted by elsigh on Monday, 16 October, 2006 - 04:36
Hey folks, I've isolated this issue to the XML plugin. I love the XML plugin, but when I have it on, after some amount of time, say 10 min., I notice my processor is chugging and I look at top - and there's java, at the top of the list, consuming like 95%+ cpu. I'm running Sun JDK 1.5 on linux.

PS - Did I mention I love jEdit?
SideKick and edit modes
Submitted by shlomy on Tuesday, 10 October, 2006 - 07:07
My plugin, CtagsSideKick, registers itself as a SideKick parser (named 'ctags') for edit modes c, c++ and java using the lines below. If I open the "Parsers" page in the SideKick plugin options, I indeed see my plugin being used as the parser for these modes, and if I open files with extensions ".c", ".cpp" and ".java", I see that SideKick uses my plugin to generate the tree. However, when I open files with ".h" extension, no parser is selected, and the tree doesn't appear. I need to manually select 'ctags' in order to see the tree. Using the menu "Utilities -> Global Options -> Editing", I see that ".h" files are associated with the c++ mode. Yet my plugin is not used for ".h" files by default. Am I missing something, or is this a SideKick bug?

Following are the lines I use to register my plugin with SideKick:
sidekick.parser.ctags.label=ctags
mode.c.sidekick.parser=ctags
mode.c++.sidekick.parser=ctags
mode.java.sidekick.parser=ctags
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281