jEdit Community - Resources for users of the jEdit Text Editor
Invisible Search Dialog Box.
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 17 September, 2004 - 14:38
Hi,
I'm running jEdit 4.2 final on Windows XP, SP1 w/ JDK 1.4.2_05. I have a dual monitor setup and up until this morning everything has been working fine. Note: I have messed around a little w/ the lookAndFeel configuration, but not recently.
Anyway, when I fired up jEdit this morning the search dialog box is hidden/invisible - when I hit Ctrl+F or trigger from the menu, jEdit shows that it has lost focus; further more I can type in a word then hit enter and the search is run, but I can not SEE the dialog box. As you can imagine, this very annoying. I think that maybe it is being positioned off the screen, but I have played with my monitor settings with no success. If anyone has any ideas please let me know; I would be glad to post more details, just let me know what is important.

Thanks.
Create new file and save it to FTP doesn't works :(
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 17 September, 2004 - 11:05
Hi all!

this is my first post here, and is because I'm experiencing an issue that makes me crazy... I usually work with remote files, and then the FTP plugin is basic for me. It works great and very well for me, except for one thing, I can't create new files and save them to the ftp server, everytime I try to save the file, jedit brings me an I/O operation error, the ftp plugin or jedit itself, takes the filename I've introduced as a folder name, and tries to open that folder, that obviously doesn't exists and crashes.

Any idea about this?

many thanks!
Xavier
the output file from XSLT Processor is "locked" and cannot be saved
Submitted by Matthew Harrison on Thursday, 16 September, 2004 - 13:20
After performing a transformation using the XSLT Processor plugin an attempt to save the output file fails (whether or not the file has been edited in the buffer) and results in an error message popup:

D:\xml\schedule\n.xml:
Cannot save: java.io.IOException: Rename failed: D:\xml\schedule\#n.xml#save#

(where n.xml is the output file and the file: #n.xml#save# is created)

The output file can be released from this lock, and be saved by either restarting jedit, or by waiting a few minutes or by saving or opening another buffer.

Is there anything I can do make the XSLT plugin release the file immediately

Thanks,

Matt Harrison
Problem with Tildes and accents in Mac OS X
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 10 September, 2004 - 00:59
Hi,

I tried the Mac Os X package and the Java-based installer and I have the same problem with that. Both of them was the 4.2 Final version.

I can read accents and tildes from a file created in other text editor, but I can't type accents and tildes with the Keyboard. So, I can't type characters like à or á.

I'm using Mac Os X 10.3.5

In my settings I've the Keyboard as Spanish ISO, I tested with Spanish non-ISO but it doesn't solve the problem.

jEdit is a great Text Editor, but I need to resolve it for use this Editor in my projects.
Jedit strangely slow
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 8 September, 2004 - 18:27
I’ve been using Jedit for several years now on a number of different machines. I recently installed Jedit 4.2 final on a PIII 1.2ghz 512meg RAM notebook. I am having severe performance issues for some reason. For example, if I hit carriage return, I get a full 1 second pause before that action takes place on jedit. Similarly, I get a full 1 second pause when scrolling in the buffer (a full 1 second pause between each step in the scroll). Each time, my javaw process spikes the CPU to 100%. It spikes for even only 1 single carriage return in a new file with no other files open in the other tabs. Even the menus are slow I've uninstalled all extra plugins, so I don't think any of those were the culprit.

I have tried this with Java 1.4.2_05 as well as J2SE 5.0rc. I have tried this with Jedit 4.2final, as well as 4.2pre15 and 4.2pre14, with the same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I use Jedit 4.2pre11 all the time on my notebook at home, which is a 1.4ghz mobile P4 with 512 … without _any_ problem. I simply can’t figure out what is happening. Any help would be much appreciated. Using something other than Jedit really isn't an option for me -- I've used it for so long and found it fits my needs perfectly! NOthing else even compares. I hope I can get it working on the machine here at work.
XSearch options in 4.2final don't appear in search box
Submitted by Andre on Wednesday, 8 September, 2004 - 06:57
The additional check boxes (e.g. word part search) don't appear in the search box despite all options being selected in the Options:Plugin:XSearch box. The search box is the standard one, working fine but without the extensions.
My system: jEdit 4.2final, Win XP pro, JRE standard edition 1.4.2_03
Thanks for help.

Note: jEdit and the plugins are great tools and a pleasure to use. Thanks.

Andre
Projectviewer
Submitted by Anonymous on Sunday, 5 September, 2004 - 13:08
I have the projectviewer plugin installed with jedit 4.2final, but now projectview seems to exist.
What do I have to do to get the projectview?

Thank you

Mat
Serious bug with jedit 4.2 and FTP plugin on JDK 5.0
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 3 September, 2004 - 02:00
Hi,

I have noticed a rather serious bug when using the FTP plugin in jedit 4.2 with JDK 5.0 (both beta 2 and RC1). When I open a ftp folder and choose a file from an ftp site to open in jedit and then modify and save it, the hard drive makes a click sound and turns off, the computer immediately reboots, and when it reboots the hard drive turns back on. I've never experienced this problem with any other program, so I'm wondering what may be the problem here. On some files if I press save it doesnt reboot, but with most files, upon saving the remote file, it reboots immediately. I wonder whether this is a problem with the FTP plugin, jedit, or JDK 5.0?

any help is GREATLY appreciated.
thanks.
pb with final 4.2 on XP with jre 1.5 RC on xml indenter plugin
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 2 September, 2004 - 16:33
java.lang.NullPointerException at java.text.MessageFormat.applyPattern(Unknown Source) at java.text.MessageFormat.(Unknown Source) at java.text.MessageFormat.format(Unknown Source) at xmlindenter.XmlIndenterPlugin.processException(XmlIndenterPlugin.java:66) at xmlindenter.XmlIndenterPlugin.indentXml(XmlIndenterPlugin.java:116) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at bsh.Reflect.invokeOnMethod(Reflect.java:149) at bsh.Reflect.invokeStaticMethod(Reflect.java:100) at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Name.java:872) at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(BSHMethodInvocation.java:72) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:102) at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(BSHPrimaryExpression.java:47) at bsh.BSHBlock.evalBlock(BSHBlock.java:130) at bsh.BSHBlock.eval(BSHBlock.java:80) at bsh.BshMethod.invokeImpl(BshMethod.java:349) at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:246) at bsh.BshMethod.invoke(BshMethod.java:171) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShell.runCachedBlock(BeanShell.java:523) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.BeanShellAction.invoke(BeanShellAction.java:76) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.gui.InputHandler.invokeAction(InputHandler.java:229) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit$3.invokeAction(jEdit.java:2910) at org.gjt.sp.jedit.EditAction$Wrapper.actionPerformed(EditAction.java:216) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
'Unsync' split screen mode?
Submitted by Anonymous on Tuesday, 31 August, 2004 - 12:52
This is hopefully simple. I use jEdit with a split screen, usually with a different file in each split. When I open a new file now, it's opening and becomgin active in both splits. I don't recall that happening before -- the new file would open in only the active split but get listed as open in both splits.

As it's working now, I have to click into the other split and re-select the file that I was working on prior to opening the new file, which is quite a pain...

Is there some setting I missed somewhere to "unsync" the splits, so that newly opened files become active in only the selected split? Or am I remembering the past incorrectly, and this is just how it works? I've looked at (I think) every menu option, and the user manual, but I can't find anything about this...

thx;
-rob.
jEdit 4.2final on Mac OS X behaves strange
Submitted by kimjim on Sunday, 29 August, 2004 - 12:14
The 4.2 installation does not contain a starter application "jEdit.app" as it used to be on jEdit installations on Mac OS. If I double-click the jEdit.jar, the splash screen says it is vers 4.2 final, but I get an error message saying the MacOS.jar Plugin didn't work and I should update it.

When I copy the old "jEdit.app" from an 4.2pre15 installation into my jEdit 4.2 folder and double click, the splash screens says it were jEdit vers 4.2pre 15, also I have deleted my 4.2pre15 installation! But the MacOS.jar plugin now works.

What version does this jEdit.app really start now? I mean, I deleted 4.2pre15! And the infostring in the info.plist of jEdit.app says its 4.2final, also I took it from the 4.2pre15 package! This really confuses me. Is there another way to find out which version is runnig despite looking at the splash screen or see the "About jEdit" menu entry?

Thanks for any help, kimjim
Not able to use the mouse pointer to scroll up or down in JEdit
Submitted by Anonymous on Friday, 27 August, 2004 - 10:40
Hi,

I am unable to use the mouse pointer to scroll up and down in JEdit. My colleague is able to use the mouse pointer to scroll up/down in JEdit. Are my settings not up to date? Please advise.

Thanks,
Shilpa
Focus issues with 'Find' Dialog
Submitted by Brandon on Friday, 27 August, 2004 - 02:48
I'm having a really strange issue with the 'Find' Dialog using Jedit in Fluxbox. The first time I hit ctrl+F, the Find dialog gets focus.. If I then close it and hit ctrl+f again, it fails to focus and the caret is still active in the editor window! I would LOVE it if someone could solve this one for me - it's a huge pain in the arse!
FTP plug-in does not work with recent previews
Submitted by sss4r on Sunday, 22 August, 2004 - 20:50
Hi, I've been having this problem with jEdit for a long time now, and I am hoping someone can help. I have been forced to continue using 4.1final because the FTP plug-in does not function properly for me when I try any of the recent 4.2 previews. As soon as I upgrade to 0.7.2 of the FTP plug-in, all I get is "loading..." when I try to open from a secure server. Normally I would be more patient, but there are plug-in products that I need to use that only work with the latest previews, but I can't sacrifice the FTP plug-in. I've seen others report this problem on the forum. Is there a fix? Are there plans to address this problem? Thank you! Let me know if you need more information....
Jedit 4.2final fails to launch using osx 10.3.5- java 1.4.2
Submitted by Anonymous on Thursday, 19 August, 2004 - 10:46
Tried reinstalling java jedit etc. rebooting etc. stil gives me the error message "The application JavaApplicationStub has unexpectedly quit."
OpenIt plugin loosing focus in jEdit 4.2pre15 on MacOS X 10.3.5
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 18 August, 2004 - 06:06
When I invoke OpenEdit (1.0.5), the dialog comes up, but immediately looses focus. If I click into the textbox, I can use the plugin. Any suggestions? Thanks.
jEdit 4.2pre14 refuses to start on Redhat 9
Submitted by leungkc on Friday, 13 August, 2004 - 14:31
I have just installed jEdit 4.2pre14 via apt-get. Installation went smoothly with no errors.

However, when I attempt to start jEdit through the GNOME menu, nothing happens. When I use the command line to start it, the following message appears and jEdit aborts loading:

[root@Jerusalem bin]# jedit
/usr/bin/jedit: error: failed to set JAVACMD
/usr/bin/jedit: line 135: -Dbsh.jedit=true: command not found
[root@Jerusalem bin]#

I have checked my jedit script and there's no JAVACMD variable. However, I do not know how to set it. Or is there another reason for this problem?

Thanks in advance for replying.
Structure browser: link tags in html files
Submitted by kimjim on Friday, 13 August, 2004 - 13:47
I use jEdit 4.2pre15 on Mac OS X 10.3.5, java version 1.4.2. The structure browser can't parse html files correctly if there are these kind of <link> tags in the head:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="stil.css" type="text/css">
The structure browser doesn't seem do recognize the end of this tag, and shows everything that follows as a cascade within this link tag. It also doesen't recognize end tags of some following tags (ignoring tags, for example). It looks like this:
doctype
    html
        head
            title
            link
                body
                    table
                        div
                            div
insteat of this:
doctype
    html
        head
	    title
	    link
        body
            table
            div
            div
But if I change the link tag like this:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="stil.css" type="text/css" />
(including " />" then everything is okay. But this is not correct syntax for my HTML 4.01 Transitional documents. The w3c validator criticises it, and jtidy removes the " /".

Is there anything I can do to change the parse behavior of structure browser on this link tags?

XInclude problem
Submitted by Anonymous on Wednesday, 11 August, 2004 - 08:19
I try to include some xml documents to another one and valide them.
I get 'invalid content starting with element "xi:include".' error message from xml plugin at
pointsample.xml line 6.
I can't find what is wrong.

Here is my files:
sample.xsd:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<schema
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:B="http://www.sample.com/Sample"
targetNamespace="http://www.sample.com/Sample"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
elementFormDefault="qualified">
<element name="point" type="B:Point"/>
<complexType name="Point">
<sequence>
<element name="position" type="B:XYPosition"/>
<element name="colour" type="B:Colour"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>

<complexType name="XYPosition">
<sequence>
<element name="x-position" type="integer"/>
<element name="y-position" type="integer"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>

<complexType name="Colour">
<choice>
<element name="colour-index" type="integer"/>
<element name="absolute-colour" type="string"/>
</choice>
</complexType>

</schema>

position.xml:

<position>
<x-position>5</x-position>
<y-position>5</y-position>
</position>

colour.xml:

<colour>
<colour-index>5</colour-index>
</colour>

pointsample.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<point
xmlns="http://www.sample.com/Sample"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.sample.com/Sample sample.xsd"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
<xi:include href="point.xml"/>
<xi:include href="colour.xml"/>
</point>
stop backups
Submitted by sleek on Tuesday, 10 August, 2004 - 01:08
Every time I edit a file, I keep getting a backup. If the file is Main.java, the backup will be named Main.java~. I have removed the option in Global Options to put ~ as a suffix. But how can I just disable backups completely? Thanks
User login
Browse archives
« May 2024  
MoTuWeThFrSaSu

Poll
Are you interested in language packs for jEdit?
Yes, and I could help maintain translations
26%
Yes, I'd like to have translations
32%
Indifferent
35%
No, that'd be bad (please comment)
7%
Total votes: 1093
Syndication
file   ver   dls
German Localization light   4.4.2.1   83281